Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Idaho Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f58/)
-   -   Moving to id (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f58/moving-to-id-189261.html)

Rockjeep94 09-25-2012 02:24 PM

Moving to id

So im moving my family to boise area (nampa) next month for work and decided to youtube nampa, amd one of the first things that pop up are gangs, is it a bad place? We are in phx now and I dont think it could be as bad as it looked, but I guess u never know. Figured I would ask the jeep people, since thats all I know down here.

Bugsbb 09-25-2012 03:31 PM

Welcome... I live about 20 minutes from there. Its not that bad...caldwell is where the wanna be gangs are.

jontay 11-24-2012 11:36 PM

I have lived in Nampa now for 3 years. I was born-n-raised in St.Louis, MO and lived for several years in Reno, NV before moving here. So, I know crime, lol.

When people talk about gangs and violence here I have to just laugh. That is so ridiculous. I would walk ANYWHERE in Nampa, ANYTIME, day or night. Sure, something could happen just as easy as it could happen anywhere else. And there are a few places you would probably not want to go to in the middle of the night. But seriously.....during the day you can literally go anywhere.

My point is there are a bunch of really safe neighborhoods all around. Send me a private email if you have any questions or need any assistance. Don't worry at all. You will be fine.

btw, I may be getting me a jeep this coming week so we might want to keep in touch anyway.

Call me if you need anything. Welcome to the neighborhood. Idaho is one of the safest places you can be.

Safe travels.

John

Rockjeep94 11-24-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jontay
I have lived in Nampa now for 3 years. I was born-n-raised in St.Louis, MO and lived for several years in Reno, NV before moving here. So, I know crime, lol.

When people talk about gangs and violence here I have to just laugh. That is so ridiculous. I would walk ANYWHERE in Nampa, ANYTIME, day or night. Sure, something could happen just as easy as it could happen anywhere else. And there are a few places you would probably not want to go to in the middle of the night. But seriously.....during the day you can literally go anywhere.

My point is there are a bunch of really safe neighborhoods all around. Send me a private email if you have any questions or need any assistance. Don't worry at all. You will be fine.

btw, I may be getting me a jeep this coming week so we might want to keep in touch anyway.

Call me if you need anything. Welcome to the neighborhood. Idaho is one of the safest places you can be.

Safe travels.

John

We found a really nice neighborhood in NW nampa unfortunetly I had to sell my jeep to get all the cash together to move, we have been here since the 5th now and absolutely love it. Now I just have to find a new jeep, looks like I have to find one out of state though everything I have found here is hacked together farm built stuff. I just want a decent base to build off again. I will find one soon enough though.

jontay 11-25-2012 07:28 PM

Welcome to the neighborhood. Good luck with finding a jeep. Keep your eye out for Salt Lake City as it is only 5-6 hours away. Reno is about 6-7 hours and Sacramento is about 8 hours. those will be some of the larger selection areas.

I am headed to a town in Oregon very early tomorrow to buy a 2004 Wrangler Rubicon. Hope I am pleased with the condition of it when I get there. 450 miles, each way.

Stay in touch if/when you get a jeep. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the area, etc. Just send me a private message.

John

Rockjeep94 11-26-2012 08:36 AM

Goodluck with the rubi!