Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Canada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/)
-   -   Canadian Winters and your Jeep? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/canadian-winters-and-your-jeep-189293.html)

CLC2012 09-25-2012 04:33 PM

Canadian Winters and your Jeep?

I am looking at buying a 2012 Gecko Green Jeep Wrangler and I have heard that they get frost inside them in the winter. Do you find that your Jeep interior holds up to our cold Canadian winters?

northerncanuck 10-11-2012 04:09 PM

last year had no prob with the weather and the jeep was -40 and drove it for a week and it was all good.

mackdj1 10-16-2012 06:56 AM

This will be my first winter with mine. But I've heard you can boil Lobsters with the Jeeps heater.

Canadian GP 10-16-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackdj1 (Post 2894914)
But I've heard you can boil Lobsters with the Jeeps heater.

LOL, when I read that I knew you had to be from the East coast. :thumb:

I've never heard about the frost issue but I'm glad to see it's not true.

mackdj1 10-16-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian GP (Post 2895268)
LOL, when I read that I knew you had to be from the East coast. :thumb:

I've never heard about the frost issue but I'm glad to see it's not true.

Bluenoser all the way:punk:

BLZ 11-09-2012 11:37 PM

i dont know about the jk but i didnt even bother puting the hard top on my 04 tj last winter.it was fine.no moisture inside at all and the heater works fantastic.i would assume the jk would be just as good.that geko green is a cool color.

M38A1 11-12-2012 04:38 PM

I picked up a 2012 JK last month and though I haven't had frost yet, she does fog up easily and inexplicably. Not every day, but some days I'll get out to the parking lot after work and it looks like someone's been gettin' hot and heavy without me... lots of fog on all the windows.

I've just assumed "it's a Jeep thing" and so far don't mind throwing the heater on defrost and letting her run long enough to clear up but if I didn't love her for so many other reasons I can see how it could get annoying. I have a model with the "A/C bypass option" (that is to say, no A/C) and, weirdly, there is no way (that I've found) to switch between outside air and circulating. I suspect that's the problem... in my other vehicles I've always found making sure it's set to outside air allows the difference in humidity between inside and outside to balance out and stops interior frost.

It's true, once the engine warms up the heater is almost hot enough to blister your skin (ok, not quite but it throws nice and toasty heat) so I imagine any frost that does accumulate will be no match for that.

Kenno 01-03-2013 03:07 AM

Interior circulate will only happen if the button is pushed. And it can not be set to defrost, feet only, dash only.
I find the frosty/ fogged up interior is much worse if the floor is wet/ or with snow on it. A dry interior is the ticket.
I think the only issue with jeep heating in our winter is the back seat (unlimited) Has no direct vents. We're often cold in the back and warm in front.

RevCo666 01-04-2013 04:33 PM

When in doubt, park it facing the morning sun... I get moisture from time to time.

dubie316 01-06-2013 08:49 AM

anybody having any problems with their windows freezing in the up position ? some mornings even if it's only -1 or -2 degrees the windows will still freeze.