Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   KC WindShield Lights Woohoo! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/kc-windshield-lights-woohoo-18986.html)

tenshots1 06-02-2008 11:30 PM

KC WindShield Lights Woohoo!

I Just got some New KC slimlights and a Winshield mount. The lights are already mounted and now i am trying to figure out which is the best place to run the wire.

I really want to hide it as much as possible and avoid drilling holes at the same time.

Any ideas would be great. i dont need an expert to get an idea

muddy97tj 06-02-2008 11:35 PM

Ive had them for a while now. I first had it tied into the switch KC gives u. But i kept going through relays cuz of the mudd and water and what not. so i siad screw it and i taped into the high beam switch. I have the relay in the fuse box with the fuse. keeps it clean and dry. just a little suggestion.. As for the wires. I ran them underneath the cowl, then down to the back of the firewall where all the wires run up top. You know what i mean? its out of the way and works great

MoA 06-02-2008 11:38 PM

i unbolted the front crowl and ran the wires under it.. ill snap some pics tomorrow.. drill free and hid the wires pretty nicely

tenshots1 06-02-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoA (Post 234340)
i unbolted the front crowl and ran the wires under it.. ill snap some pics tomorrow.. drill free and hid the wires pretty nicely

i would really appreciate that.

DUCKIT 06-04-2008 12:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I ran the wires threw the hinge , you also need to remove the cowl and run Them threw the firewall, and here is where I installed the switches

potatobill 06-04-2008 03:17 AM

I ran only the 12vdc wire out to the battery thru the firewall hole on the drivers side. the relay is behind the glove box and the wiring i ran on top of the dash under the vent trim thru the windshield hinges to the lights. I first tried to keep the wiring in the engine bay put I would have had to extend multiple wires instead of just the 12vdc, which I got thicker gauge.

andres0101 04-15-2011 10:56 AM

wat lights did u buy? long range or driving do u have pics ? im trying to do the same...

arcountryboy 04-15-2011 12:22 PM

This is a 2008 post, but in answer to your question you will want long range lights to avoid glare from the hood.

andres0101 04-15-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcountryboy (Post 1180358)
This is a 2008 post, but in answer to your question you will want long range lights to avoid glare from the hood.

Thank YOU

KS_Rubicon 04-16-2011 05:55 AM

I have hellas on my windshield, I ran the wires into the lower hole in the windshield light bracket. It works well!

sastocky 04-16-2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS_Rubicon
I have hellas on my windshield, I ran the wires into the lower hole in the windshield light bracket. It works well!

So you left the screw out?

sastocky 04-17-2011 07:12 AM

So far I have bent two Napa impact T40s an stripped one screw. I can't get them out. I tried an impact driver! Time to get creative. Weld machine or drill & tap.

Kevbz 04-17-2011 09:03 AM

my humble opinion

I am a drill and tap kinda guy. Welding near paint will always scorches it. and if you dont have an auto-dark weld hood, its a crap shoot if you strike your arc in the right spot. Drill and tap seems to leave less to guess at. at least on painted or close to paint non hardended bolts.