Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2.5 Inch Teraflex Budget Boost on 33s problems (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2-5-inch-teraflex-budget-boost-on-33s-problems-189977.html)

chapom20 09-28-2012 11:18 PM

2.5 Inch Teraflex Budget Boost on 33s problems

:thumb:I was hoping to see some pictures of pictures of a JK on 2.5" teraflex BB running 33s. I am hoping to upgrade to this soon. My only concern is death wobble. Would this be a problem and how can i prevent it? Thank you for helping me! I am new at this :thumb:

kbwwolf 09-29-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chapom20 (Post 2841149)
:thumb:I was hoping to see some pictures of pictures of a JK on 2.5" teraflex BB running 33s. I am hoping to upgrade to this soon. My only concern is death wobble. Would this be a problem and how can i prevent it? Thank you for helping me! I am new at this :thumb:

You can get DW with no lift. It's a solid front axle thing, not just a Jeep thing.

The best thing you can do to avoid DW is make sure your control arms, trackbars, etc are properly torqued. 125 ft-lbs for all, except front upper ca's, which should be 75 ft-lbs.

Loosen all ca's/tb's before installing a lift. Then re-tighten them to spec ONLY with the Jeep on the ground, resting on its own weight. This will prevent the bushings from binding, which is one of the main causes of DW. Not a concern at all, really, if you pay attention to what you're doing.

By the way, a lot of threads from peeps saying "I've got the Death Wobble!!!!!" – usually with one of these :mad: or one of these :( – are junk. Judging from what I've read, maybe one in ten have true DW. The rest have properly inflated tires, poor alignment, bad ball joints, etc.

This thread will tell you all about DW, and how to avoid it: Diagnosing Death Wobble and Fixing Non-DW Shimmies and Wobbles

MTH 09-29-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

By the way, a lot of threads from peeps saying "I've got the Death Wobble!!!!!" – usually with one of these :mad: or one of these :( – are junk. Judging from what I've read, maybe one in ten have true DW. The rest have properly inflated tires, poor alignment, bad ball joints, etc.

KB means "one in ten" WITH front problems have DW, not one in ten jeeps have DW. With properly installed and maintained components, you don't have to worry about DW.

chapom20 09-29-2012 09:34 AM

Thank you for your feedback
Helps a lot

kbwwolf 09-29-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH (Post 2841830)
KB means "one in ten" WITH front problems have DW, not one in ten jeeps have DW. With properly installed and maintained components, you don't have to worry about DW.

Yup. Thanks for the fix...

And below should read "improperly inflated tires..."

I suck. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2841642)
The rest have properly inflated tires, poor alignment, bad ball joints, etc.