Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Got my new lift kit! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/got-my-new-lift-kit-190582.html)

H2_recoveryteam 10-01-2012 07:25 PM

Got my new lift kit!

Hey Socal wheelers. I FINALlY got my rough country 4" lift kit with brake line extensions front and rear. And for those of you that have wheeled with me in the past you will no longer have to see me scrape my way through a trail lol The bad news is my buddy who i wrench with was forced to move and i no longer have a wrenching pal. I was wondering if anyone in a 100 mile or so radius would like to help me install my lift. Esp those who have the same kit. It would be greatly appreciated. I just need someone with a little more experience than me. I know how to turn a wrench i just think someone who has done a few could tell me the tips and tricks and appropriate order that works best. Plus im Not the best with bleeding brakes.
I will be more than happy to supply the garage and most tools needed. And all the pizza and beer a guy could want. Or i will drive to you. Im located in Huntington beach thanks guys/gals

-Josh

cashcow1608 10-02-2012 04:16 PM

Im surprised nobody near you has answered up yet. I dont know too much about YJs but I have the garage and tools to do the job if you dont mind driving all the way to Santa Clarita.

jeff_in_rc 10-02-2012 05:19 PM

Or you could come up to Ridgecrest? Hiya Josh!

Ancientpath 10-02-2012 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=jeff_in_rc;2854203]Or you could come up to Ridgecrest? Hiya Josh![/QUOTE

Come on up Josh! We'll get you squared away :thumb: I'll provide the pizza since that's what I do :D We can find some help besides Jeff and I. Right Jeff?

Stan

yomondo 10-02-2012 08:54 PM

Congrats on the lift. That's awesome. Sorry, I don't know anything about YJ's.

Lab Lover 10-02-2012 09:20 PM

I'm sure the twins would love to help you and they seem to know almost everything. They may be living in a motorhome somewhere, but between Jeff & Stan I'm sure there's a garage to work in.

Congratulations, that Jeep will be unstoppable soon. I can't believe how well it did as it is :thumb:

turdhurdler 10-02-2012 10:49 PM

Have not been on the WF much today. Done this particular lift a couple of times now. If you want to come to my neck of the woods I can help ya out. I am just east of Riverside in Hemet. Got pretty much all odlf the tools needed for the lift and tricks I learned on how to make the job easier.

Jeff

H2_recoveryteam 10-03-2012 01:06 AM

Hey guys sorry ive been busy with work.😒 Anyway THANKS!! for all the offers for help you guys are all too nice. I think im gonna try and pm turdhurd though being that hes the closest and money is a little tight. And I gotta afford tires someday huh lol. Plus it seems he is more than familiar with the square eyes.

Gunner 10-03-2012 01:53 AM

Sorry bro. I'm local but about useless. Knees and back are shot. I might be able to do a few things but lifting and such is out. But if you end up local holler I can bleed brakes like crazy.
Bob

H2_recoveryteam 10-03-2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner
Sorry bro. I'm local but about useless. Knees and back are shot. I might be able to do a few things but lifting and such is out. But if you end up local holler I can bleed brakes like crazy.
Bob

Oh hey bob I met u at the parade right? Thanks for the offer. I will keep the thread updated if i dont get this puppy on soon i will let everyone kno. And I see you got that ruby. Looks nice!

jeff_in_rc 10-03-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2_recoveryteam (Post 2856022)
Hey guys sorry ive been busy with work.�� Anyway THANKS!! for all the offers for help you guys are all too nice. I think im gonna try and pm turdhurd though being that hes the closest and money is a little tight. And I gotta afford tires someday huh lol. Plus it seems he is more than familiar with the square eyes.

No problems Josh, I understand completely. If you change you mind though let us know, we would be glad to help. Keep us informed.

H2_recoveryteam 10-03-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff_in_rc

No problems Josh, I understand completely. If you change you mind though let us know, we would be glad to help. Keep us informed.

Thanks again jeff I will keep the thread alive and let you guys know if i need a hand. I really appreciate it.

jeff_in_rc 10-09-2012 09:54 AM

So Josh, did you guys get to it yet?

H2_recoveryteam 10-09-2012 10:14 AM

No ive just been crazy busy with work and school but i think if everything pans out me and my brother are going to tackle it this sunday. In the mean time i will keep staring at it lol.

jeff_in_rc 10-09-2012 11:17 AM

I understand. Now I have to replace all of my u-joints as I have a couple that are going bad. Can't go wheeling until I do, thats another $200.00 plus wheel bearings, ouch!

H2_recoveryteam 10-09-2012 02:33 PM

Oh man jeeps are an expensive yet fun hobby!

H2_recoveryteam 10-16-2012 05:08 PM

Well after 11 tedious hours on sunday my jeep is still not fully lifted. Me and my brother had to cut 2 shackle bolts an the pitman arm off. Then I broke my old and brittle drag link end. And now im busy busy for the next 1.5 weeks with work and school. But the majority is done I just need to get the spare parts and find the time! Jeeps are such a love hate relationship.

jeff_in_rc 10-16-2012 05:23 PM

Sorry to hear you had problems but keep at it and you will get it done. Mine is torn apart in the garage waiting for my parts. It sucks I can't drive it and have not since Friday. Come on UPS!

H2_recoveryteam 10-16-2012 05:44 PM

Yea i know it will get done. Just a matter of time.

H2_recoveryteam 11-05-2012 12:44 AM

So with finally getting a break from work i got the lift done!! Now I just need time to post a pic lol. And I need tires.

suicideking 11-05-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2_recoveryteam (Post 2961316)
So with finally getting a break from work i got the lift done!! Now I just need time to post a pic lol. And I need tires.

Pics or it didn't happen!!

:popcorn:

H2_recoveryteam 11-05-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking

Pics or it didn't happen!!

:popcorn:

Haha yea it's on the to do list believe me lol

jeff_in_rc 11-05-2012 09:24 AM

Come on Josh, where are the pics??

BTW I get my lift installed on Thursday!! Woo Hoo!!
Just in time for PVD!!

H2_recoveryteam 11-05-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Come on Josh, where are the pics??

BTW I get my lift installed on Thursday!! Woo Hoo!!
Just in time for PVD!!

I'm hoping to get the time to post one up today. And that's great you got a kit too. Which one did u go with?

jeff_in_rc 11-05-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2_recoveryteam (Post 2962596)
I'm hoping to get the time to post one up today. And that's great you got a kit too. Which one did u go with?

I went with the BDS 2 1/2" lift kit, I did not want to go to the 4", my wife told me she would never ride with me again if she had to use a ladder to get in it! :rofl:

I kind of like her so.... you get the idea. :hide:

H2_recoveryteam 11-05-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

I went with the BDS 2 1/2" lift kit, I did not want to go to the 4", my wife told me she would never ride with me again if she had to use a ladder to get in it! :rofl:

I kind of like her so.... you get the idea. :hide:

Haha yea bds makes a good kit from what I hear. And that makes sense. Mean while my GF may have to get a running start lol.

jeff_in_rc 11-05-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2_recoveryteam (Post 2962913)
Haha yea bds makes a good kit from what I hear. And that makes sense. Mean while my GF may have to get a running start lol.

Just tell her to remember to duck before getting in! :eek:

H2_recoveryteam 11-05-2012 04:18 PM

Here is a quick pic cant wait for tires!

Before
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...013/before.jpg

After
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...a013/After.jpg

jeff_in_rc 11-05-2012 04:30 PM

Looks good Josh! So what tires are going to go with? And how big?

H2_recoveryteam 11-05-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Looks good Josh! So what tires are going to go with? And how big?

Thx. I'm gonna go with 33" Goodyear mt/r with Kevlar.