Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/)
-   -   Looking for a Shop That Has Installed a Second Battery in a Jeep (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/looking-for-a-shop-that-has-installed-a-second-battery-in-a-jeep-191281.html)

Stormeister 10-04-2012 08:04 AM

Looking for a Shop That Has Installed a Second Battery in a Jeep

Has anyone in southwest USA added a battery to their 2007+ Wrangler? Do you know of a shop that has done this?

I found a kit. It looks like I could ALMOST do it myself and I kind of like the idea of knowing that all the hidden stuff was done right, but I don't know where I'd turn if I got stuck.

One guy at 4WD Parts found one they could order for about $40 higher parts price. When I went back to do it, a different guy said they only install stuff in their catalogue.

Should I go to a Jeep shop or an RV place? Any ideas?

Browndog 10-21-2012 08:43 AM

Try these guys.

Adams Driveshaft & Offroad
249 Coroneos Drive
Henderson, NV 89011-4105
ph: 702.568.5680
fax: 702.568.5682
James@adamsdriveshaft.com

mattdenney07 10-24-2012 07:12 AM

Also, these guys carry tons of Jeep stuff in their shop and they're a local business so you won't have to deal with the big store type of guys up at 4WP:

Welcome to Scorpion Motorsports Las Vegas

And as Browndog suggested, the guys at Adams are really great too.

Stormeister 10-25-2012 07:50 AM

Thanks

I shall try them & report back here.

bbusch 11-10-2012 11:39 PM

Not local but you should give Kodiak Industries a call, they are very knowlegable about dual battery setups and have a Dual Battery Management setup that I myself am about to install on my rig (currently I have dual batteries with an Multiple Battery Regulator).

KODIAK INDUSTRIES INC.

caryt 02-23-2013 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
DIY, its not hard, I didn't like any of the dual kits as all have both in the engine compartment which IMO is nuts..no room.

I used a painless good Samaritan system..been using these for years.
I mounted it in the back and ran the positive Bat welding cable back to it, ran ground to the frame.

Aires automotive batt holder and a springtail solutions rack.

Got the idea from Ben Hendrick he has pictures posted here
Jeep SILVER dos

bbusch 02-24-2013 12:11 PM

^^^ Wow other than the tires that silver JK you posted the link to is badass, rig has been built right! I like that Springtail setup on the JK, did you custom mount the battery like that or is that a feature with the ST rack?

caryt 03-27-2013 09:50 AM

Custom mounted, cut the top to fit a steel batt tray and welded it in.

lysol 07-29-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caryt (Post 3408666)
DIY, its not hard, I didn't like any of the dual kits as all have both in the engine compartment which IMO is nuts..no room.

I used a painless good Samaritan system..been using these for years.
I mounted it in the back and ran the positive Bat welding cable back to it, ran ground to the frame.

Aires automotive batt holder and a springtail solutions rack.

Got the idea from Ben Hendrick he has pictures posted here
Jeep SILVER dos

Do you have any more pics? I was curious about Ben's setup as I thought the M-PAC was custom ordered with the battery mount.

Battery specs / weight? I was looking at the Odyssey 2150 which weighs like 70 lbs.

CFR Marine 07-30-2013 07:52 PM

This is my 08 JK with two bats in the back with alternator. However this was put in before I bought it

CFR Marine 07-30-2013 07:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This is my 08 JK with two bats in the rear. Bat A was moved from under the hood to make room for air compressor and bat two was added with an alternator. But this was done befor I bought the jeep. There also is a switch mounted on my dash so that I can change from bat A to bat B.