Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Any problems with Nav after a few years? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/any-problems-with-nav-after-a-few-years-192027.html)

panthermark 10-08-2012 02:29 PM

Any problems with Nav after a few years?
 
For those who have had Nav in you Wranglers for more than two or three years.....how are they holding up?

Just wondering if you are seeing any type if issues with the touch screen (sun, moisture, wear through from tapping the same place) or hard-drive (dust or vibrations)?

Thanks

kik 10-08-2012 03:48 PM

Over 2 1/2 years on my 10 with no problems.

jwilson2598 10-08-2012 04:23 PM

The one in my 08 was still fine at the 3 1/2 year mark when I sold the Jeep.

John E 10-08-2012 06:01 PM

I have a 2010 and twice in the last few months the touch screen has given me some trouble, it works but you have to press the letter to the left of the actual letter you want.

panthermark 10-08-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John E (Post 2871333)
I have a 2010 and twice in the last few months the touch screen has given me some trouble, it works but you have to press the letter to the left of the actual letter you want.

Is that something you can get fixed under warranty? Maybe it is best to wait until right before the warranty is up to get an item like that fixed.

Aegis 10-09-2012 12:35 AM

My 09 works fine.

bbtj 10-09-2012 07:33 AM

I don't have one in the Wrangler, but do have one in the 2011 Grand Cherokee. We had problems with it wiping out the saved addresses and home address. The dealer replaced the whole unit, which they had to order. It took about a week for the new one to arrive and then another day at the dealer to take the old one out and put the new one in.

Boneman 10-09-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbtj (Post 2872995)
I don't have one in the Wrangler, but do have one in the 2011 Grand Cherokee. We had problems with it wiping out the saved addresses and home address. The dealer replaced the whole unit, which they had to order. It took about a week for the new one to arrive and then another day at the dealer to take the old one out and put the new one in.

My wife's (730n) does the exact same thing on her 2011 grand Cherokee! It's one of the reason why I didn't get one with my Unlimited I just ordered.

Does the new one fix the issue?

Hawaii 5-0 10-09-2012 08:42 AM

Other than replacing the dead GPS antenna in the top of the dash, everything else works great.

bbtj 10-10-2012 08:46 AM

So far,
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boneman (Post 2873066)
My wife's (730n) does the exact same thing on her 2011 grand Cherokee! It's one of the reason why I didn't get one with my Unlimited I just ordered.

Does the new one fix the issue?

So far it has, but the only thing the wife has programmed in so far is the home address.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.