Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   rear ended (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/rear-ended-192331.html)

magicman37 10-09-2012 06:23 PM

rear ended

Alright some people should not be allowed to drive on the road. "yeah i totaled a car last year too" says the guy who rear ended me today. Anyway wrangler appears to be completely fine rear bumper has pretty much checked out altogether though so i was thinking i may upgrade any recommendations other than just another stock from the scrapyard. Looking to stay relatively lightweight but if there is something that looks really slick open to suggestions. Also if there aren't any really expensive options for a front/rear combo.
Thanks

fourty4magjr 10-09-2012 07:27 PM

Check out bumper barn on eBay he makes some good stuff. Plus it's made in USA!

Yellow04tj 10-09-2012 08:52 PM

Check out Ground Pounder Bumpers, Eddie sells them on jeep forum. His bumpers are very nice and STRONG! If you have questions he can help you too! I built my bumper from his design using his parts. I love it!

free78 10-09-2012 09:02 PM

Check out rustysoffroad. I put front and rear bumpers on my old TJ for like $400.

fourty4magjr 10-09-2012 09:21 PM

Any pics of what happened to your stock bumper?

magicman37 10-10-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourty4magjr (Post 2875506)
Any pics of what happened to your stock bumper?

I have one but dont feel like going through the hassle of uploading it. Its basically just crushed and a little twisted rear frame is straight as an arrow still though thank god hopefully i can get the damage appraised for a fair chunk of change then just do the work myself

fourty4magjr 10-10-2012 07:59 PM

Haha yeah just wanted to see how everything held up that's all but don't bother is no big deal!! I hope everything goes well! I had an old grumpy dude ram me because I was behind his parking spot letting my dad out. Really think he was being impatient and didn't care because he just smiled at me as he drove away. Stupid people!!!

magicman37 10-11-2012 02:41 PM

got myself a ticking noise in the left rear wheel well too no visible damage but its there going to definitely make sure the adjuster heres all about the possible things that could be

TJspeed 10-11-2012 03:08 PM

For the rear I would go with a procomp. I have pro comp front and rear bumpers. I really like them. I got into a wreck in july. I hit a 2011 cadillac doing 40. heres the end results.

tjike 10-11-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicman37
got myself a ticking noise in the left rear wheel well too no visible damage but its there going to definitely make sure the adjuster heres all about the possible things that could be

Make sure you get both drive shafts looked at also. When I got rear ended my front drive shaft was bowed but didn't notice until I installed my lift kit.