Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   New JK Owner Mod Plans (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/new-jk-owner-mod-plans-192405.html)

SpencerS25 10-09-2012 11:51 PM

New JK Owner Mod Plans

Hi guys, I am a soon to be a new JK owner. I will be purchasing a brand new 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I am so excited for it I am just waiting for my current car (2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona) to sell.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want to equip it with. Here are some of my modification ideas

Lift Kit:
Rock Krawler JK 2.5 Max Travel System

Shocks:
Fox Racing Front 2.0 Factory Performance Series Remote Reservoir Shock
Fox Racing Rear 2.0 Factory Performance Series Remote Reservoir Shock

Steering Stabilizer:
Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer

Bumper:
Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper With Built In Winch Plate, Textured Black

Lights:
SR-Series Hybrid 50" Combination Flood And Spot Light (Big Bar Light) - Front
SR-Series Hybrid 10" Combination Flood And Spot Light (Smaller Bar Light) -Rear

This is all I have as of now..I am a NOOB jeeper and have picked these modifications due to the reviews and buyers responses. I do plan on getting 33 or 35 inch tires and 17" wheels but the variety is too wide to choose now. I plan to speak to the off-road shop about wheel and tire choice.

I also plan to get a winch in the future so I can really push the vehicle to its capabilities. As well, I am considering more lights, flared fenders, rear bumper, rock bars, rock protection, and anything else that catches my attention :dance:

rev2red 10-09-2012 11:58 PM

Don't foget the black AmEx card...

silver rubi 10-10-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpencerS25
Hi guys, I am a soon to be a new JK owner. I will be purchasing a brand new 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I am so excited for it I am just waiting for my current car (2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona) to sell.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want to equip it with. Here are some of my modification ideas

Lift Kit:
Rock Krawler JK 2.5 Max Travel System

Shocks:
Fox Racing Front 2.0 Factory Performance Series Remote Reservoir Shock
Fox Racing Rear 2.0 Factory Performance Series Remote Reservoir Shock

Steering Stabilizer:
Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer

Bumper:
Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper With Built In Winch Plate, Textured Black

Lights:
SR-Series Hybrid 50" Combination Flood And Spot Light (Big Bar Light) - Front
SR-Series Hybrid 10" Combination Flood And Spot Light (Smaller Bar Light) -Rear

This is all I have as of now..I am a NOOB jeeper and have picked these modifications due to the reviews and buyers responses. I do plan on getting 33 or 35 inch tires and 17" wheels but the variety is too wide to choose now. I plan to speak to the off-road shop about wheel and tire choice.

I also plan to get a winch in the future so I can really push the vehicle to its capabilities. As well, I am considering more lights, flared fenders, rear bumper, rock bars, rock protection, and anything else that catches my attention :dance:

Sent you a pm

SpencerS25 10-10-2012 12:45 AM

Does anyone else have RK 2.5 Max Travel System? If so, how do you like it?

kjeeper10 10-10-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpencerS25
Does anyone else have RK 2.5 Max Travel System? If so, how do you like it?

Very popular

Although with a 2 door, I would do the stock mod with front lowers and rear uppers. This is because of driveshaft concerns. The RK coils put me way over 2.5.
Another option is the X factor with all 8 arms.

Ken

SpencerS25 10-10-2012 09:20 AM

Thanks Ken. Im planning on getting a 4 door anyways :) Would you know the difference between the icon stage 3 system vs this system with king or fox shocks?

engrgpr 10-10-2012 10:06 AM

Sounds like you've got a decent plan going in. I don't know anything about the RK lifts, other than what I've read, but people seem to like them.

I'm glad to see someone with a plan instead of just asking everyone to make their decisions for them. :punk:

SpencerS25 10-21-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engrgpr
Sounds like you've got a decent plan going in. I don't know anything about the RK lifts, other than what I've read, but people seem to like them.

I'm glad to see someone with a plan instead of just asking everyone to make their decisions for them. :punk:

Thank you. I have done plenty of research and basically just plan my best to get the best bang for my buck. I need to get my jeep already! ;)