Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF Community Announcements (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f7/)
-   -   Next Chapter for Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f7/next-chapter-for-wrangler-forum-192460.html)

Andy R 10-10-2012 10:20 AM

Next Chapter for Wrangler Forum
 
Dear Wrangler Forum Members,

I adopted Wrangler Forum five years ago when we were just a little hatch-ling of a community. Over the years our community has grown into the leading Jeep Wrangler community on the internet. With the success comes great responsibility including server security, backups and making sure we can handle the load of an ever growing community. With the birth of our second child a year ago, the amount of time I have available to help support such a large community dwindled (those of you who are parents will know the feeling). Earlier this year I decided the most responsible path forward was to find someone with the resources to properly care for Wrangler Forum. I approached a respected colleagues about his firm acquiring a Wrangler Forum along with a handful of other sites I own. Last month we reached an agreement, it's time to pass the torch, our community is now part of the AutoGuide.com network.

As a person who has been working with online forum communities over the last 10 years I am keenly aware how special and unique each community is. It's critical that we not disrupt the ambiance and vibe we have developed here, the Auto Guide.com team are on the same page and this change will be seamless. The crew at AutoGuide.com are expert forum folks and I am 100% confident they will continue to run the community in a nearly identical fashion as Social Knowledge has.

Our amazing team of mods and admins will remain unchanged and will continue to be empowered to manage the community as they have been in years past.

Please give a warm welcome to Helena from AutoGuide.com who will be here working with our team moving forward.

Kind Regards,

Andy

Randens Rubi 10-10-2012 10:30 AM

Welcome!! :)

HelenaAG 10-10-2012 10:38 AM

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all. My name is Helena, and I am a community manager here at AutoGuide.com. I will be taking over the webmaster duties for WranglerForum.com. I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. If you have more questions or concerns please post them.

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity. I will be replacing Janet in her role on the site, and look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

Helena

hbgirl 10-10-2012 10:41 AM

:wavey: welcome Helena!

Andy R, thanks for all that you have done for WF. I've only been here since February, but as a whole, it's the best online community that I've been a part of. :flowers:

Irongrave 10-10-2012 10:44 AM

Another one bites the dust. :nonono:

wwch99tj 10-10-2012 11:25 AM

Welcome Helena...
Andy I totally understand the having kids and not having time thing, I've got 3 kids And the most dirt my Jeep has seen is an old dirt road here lately. Best of luck to you

flatsfisher83 10-10-2012 11:30 AM

Welcome! Please keep it great!

SilverSport 10-10-2012 12:11 PM

Take care Andy! Helena, Welcome Aboard! :wavey:

mackdj1 10-10-2012 12:20 PM

Welcome to the forum

HelenaAG 10-10-2012 12:41 PM

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

sevenservices 10-10-2012 12:45 PM

Awesome Job Andy. No words can express the amount of dedication you've put into this and the community. Helena, Welcome to WF! There are a bunch of great folks here from around the world. I must say, this forum has succeeded for many reasons but first and foremost are the Moderators. There has always been an unwritten "no bs" policy and when people start to get out of line they are shut down right away. It really helps to make this site a pleasurable experience for all users. I cannot stress enough how important they are here to keep the values of this forum at a consistently high level.

Personally, I am a Cisco CCNP that spent many years at DaimlerChrysler and now own a Computer Store in Mayville MI. If you need any help technically on the router/switch or security side feel free to ping me with a PM anytime and I'll be glad to share my thoughts and experience with you.

Sincerely,

Janet H 10-10-2012 01:05 PM

Welcome to the board Helena! I'm confident that you will have a wonderful time here; the site team is awesome and WF members are simply the best!

:)

HelenaAG 10-10-2012 01:37 PM

Thanks!! ill keep that in mind

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevenservices (Post 2877322)
Awesome Job Andy. No words can express the amount of dedication you've put into this and the community. Helena, Welcome to WF! There are a bunch of great folks here from around the world. I must say, this forum has succeeded for many reasons but first and foremost are the Moderators. There has always been an unwritten "no bs" policy and when people start to get out of line they are shut down right away. It really helps to make this site a pleasurable experience for all users. I cannot stress enough how important they are here to keep the values of this forum at a consistently high level.

Personally, I am a Cisco CCNP that spent many years at DaimlerChrysler and now own a Computer Store in Mayville MI. If you need any help technically on the router/switch or security side feel free to ping me with a PM anytime and I'll be glad to share my thoughts and experience with you.

Sincerely,


relgnarw peej 2002 10-10-2012 11:30 PM

Thanks for an awesome clean site man! Welcome Helena!!!!

Fishead 10-11-2012 08:35 PM

This is an outstanding site, and I'm sure that it will still be the best forum to run to when information is needed.
This site is packed with wonderful members that are always willing to lend a hand.

Dave

Beastmaster 10-11-2012 08:46 PM

Welcome to the forum Helena!

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

kjeeper10 10-12-2012 02:07 PM

:wavey: Helena

BlueRidgeYJ 11-04-2012 05:28 PM

Thank You, Andy.

Welcome, Helena.

busemans 11-04-2012 09:26 PM

welcome!!

PhotoWrangler 11-12-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irongrave (Post 2876941)
Another one bites the dust. :nonono:



That was my thought exactly. Little man sells to the big man, and all the other little men become numbers. Things are about to get interesting.


I noticed it hasn't been mentioned, but this is how many forums autoguide.com owns...

Automobile Reviews, Videos, Pictures and Automobile Prices

BlueRidgeYJ 11-12-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoWrangler

That was my thought exactly. Little man sells to the big man, and all the other little men become numbers. Things are about to get interesting.

I noticed it hasn't been mentioned, but this is how many forums autoguide.com owns...

Automobile Reviews, Videos, Pictures and Automobile Prices

Wowser. Thank you for the enlightenment.

And let me add :nonono: lookin like time for a new waterin' hole...

Turbostixxx 11-12-2012 09:52 PM

I will begin looking to make a wranglerforum2...i don't like the little man being bought by the big man

PhotoWrangler 11-12-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbostixxx (Post 2989314)
I will begin looking to make a wranglerforum2...i don't like the little man being bought by the big man

That's why Soulhamsters.com was created... because KiaSoulForums.com was an AG owned forum. Lots of chaos, and not much personal attention.

4Jeepn 11-13-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoWrangler (Post 2989199)
That was my thought exactly. Little man sells to the big man, and all the other little men become numbers. Things are about to get interesting.


I noticed it hasn't been mentioned, but this is how many forums autoguide.com owns...

Automobile Reviews, Videos, Pictures and Automobile Prices

yes, the little guy selling to the big guy never works out, dam those big guys who take over..... oh wait a second... You all do know this is the 2nd time the forum has been sold right? It was sold to Andy who was the big guy with multiple sites under his control. We know how horrible that turned out right? We had the greatest period of growth in the history of the site.. we went from under 15k members to over 100k. Here's the deal, perhaps one should not cast judgement before enough time has gone by to make any sort of a logical argument for or against the change....

PhotoWrangler 11-13-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn (Post 2990441)
Here's the deal, perhaps one should not cast judgement before enough time has gone by to make any sort of a logical argument for or against the change....


My argument, or judgement if you will, is/was based on previous personal experiences on the Kia forums, also owned by autoguide.com. I've seen how things are handled, first hand.

warbird24 11-14-2012 05:38 AM

Thank you Andy

Welcome Helena.

As a fairly new Member here, I hope this forum pretty much stays the way it was. Formatting and feature improvement are always welcome, but changes in STAFF can really kill off a Forum quickly.

I was with a Military Forum that was quite strong and had a growing membership. The Forum Owner sold it off without informing anyone and now it's pretty much a dead page due to those changes.

I love the topics and the information here. Let's hope it stays!

pat@fieldsauto.com 11-14-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn (Post 2990441)
yes, the little guy selling to the big guy never works out, dam those big guys who take over..... oh wait a second... You all do know this is the 2nd time the forum has been sold right? It was sold to Andy who was the big guy with multiple sites under his control. We know how horrible that turned out right? We had the greatest period of growth in the history of the site.. we went from under 15k members to over 100k. Here's the deal, perhaps one should not cast judgement before enough time has gone by to make any sort of a logical argument for or against the change....

X2, the members had an intense dislike for me, not personally but as a dealer at first, but now I have brought you all over to the "Pat Side"! :D

Funny how I thought this was all going another way though. I had what I thought was inside information that Andy was buying another forum and bringing some interesting stuff here. Now my secret is really on the back burner and I have to start going another direction with this.


Good luck Andy, you were always very professional.

wranglermatt4527 11-16-2012 02:12 PM

Welcome to the family Helena.
Thanks to Andy for making the forum what it is. And good luck with the little ones

scuba_steve 11-16-2012 06:22 PM

First, a big thanks to Andy for this community and all that you have done. I have been involved on the ground floor of several online communities before, so I know how difficult a decision it is to turn over the reins, but also how much of a headache it can be when you are holding them. The amount of drama can be amazing at times.



Second, I agree with those who aren't exactly ecstatic that the transition is to a large entity that knows as much about Jeeps as your average Jeep salesperson. No offense intended Pat...I said average. ;)

Oh well, your decision Andy...but I also suspect that things may change...and if they do, I'm out. Won't be the first online Jeep community I've walked away from due to poor management. Nuff said.

Frankly, I also now feel a bit ridiculous with the "supporting member" title for a commercially-owned site. Someone please remove it. Thanks.

dabolt55 11-17-2012 08:06 AM

Welcome Helena and stay in touch Andy. :thumb:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.