Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   On The Trail (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/)
-   -   Ocala 9/13/12. Anybody want to ride? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/ocala-9-13-12-anybody-want-to-ride-192627.html)

WinterParkJK 10-11-2012 07:40 AM

Ocala 9/13/12. Anybody want to ride?
 
Hey folks. Anybody interested in joining me for some trail rides in the Ocala Forest this Saturday? My plan is to be there in the morning (9:00ish) and ride for a few hours. Will likely be on the south side on the forest, but I'm willing to go most places.

WinterParkJK 10-11-2012 07:53 PM

Bump? Anybody?

CaptainCalf 10-17-2012 05:19 PM

Are all the trails legal for Jeeps?

CaptainCalf 10-17-2012 05:51 PM

I heard they pass out $500 tickets if they catch you on the wrong road/trail there in Ocala

WinterParkJK 10-18-2012 08:29 AM

95% of the trails and roads are open for jeeps. There are some that are marked ORV only where jeeps cannot go. Perhaps that what you heard about.

CaptainCalf 10-18-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterParkJK (Post 2902270)
95% of the trails and roads are open for jeeps. There are some that are marked ORV only where jeeps cannot go. Perhaps that what you heard about.

Cool, 95% is good odds for fun:)

I'm itching to go, but need to get my Jeep ready for off road first. I'm looking at lifting it and adding new tires & wheels. What's your setup like? How do you like it out there in Ocala?
Thanks!:wavey:

WinterParkJK 10-18-2012 12:09 PM

No need to do any mods to run in most of Ocala. I ran mine bone stock for a couple of months up there. These days I'm running my rig with a leveling kit 33 inch tires and skid rails. I don't think you need much to get to almost anywhere in Ocala perhaps just more aggressive tires to get you through the occasional mud hole.

CaptainCalf 10-18-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterParkJK (Post 2902959)
No need to do any mods to run in most of Ocala. I ran mine bone stock for a couple of months up there. These days I'm running my rig with a leveling kit 33 inch tires and skid rails. I don't think you need much to get to almost anywhere in Ocala perhaps just more aggressive tires to get you through the occasional mud hole.

Good info! I'm planning on running the tread off the stock tires before replacing them. They only have 6,000 miles so far, so I'll prolly get a nice aftermkt front bumper and a winch to help me with mud holes for now & thanks:thumb:

WinterParkJK 10-18-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCalf

Good info! I'm planning on running the tread off the stock tires before replacing them. They only have 6,000 miles so far, so I'll prolly get a nice aftermkt front bumper and a winch to help me with mud holes for now & thanks:thumb:

You should only need somebody to pull you out of the mud holes rather than getting a new bumper and winch. But then again getting mods for the jeep is always fun, that's what's for right?

CaptainCalf 10-18-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterParkJK (Post 2903257)
You should only need somebody to pull you out of the mud holes rather than getting a new bumper and winch. But then again getting mods for the jeep is always fun, that's what's for right?

LOL, yep, that's what I think too. I have a whole list going at about $10K right now, so I'll gradually sneak up on it and sounds like the 1st mod will be a bumper & winch just in case I get stuck w/o help in sight.

I'll prolly have the bumper/winch mounted and be ready to go to Ocala by next month, so pls keep me in mind when you get ready to go again!

WinterParkJK 10-18-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCalf

LOL, yep, that's what I think too. I have a whole list going at about $10K right now, so I'll gradually sneak up on it and sounds like the 1st mod will be a bumper & winch just in case I get stuck w/o help in sight.

I'll prolly have the bumper/winch mounted and be ready to go to Ocala by next month, so pls keep me in mind when you get ready to go again!

Will do. I will make another post similar so jeep an eye peeled.

CaptainCalf 10-18-2012 08:50 PM

Thanks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.