Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Tail break light wire color codes JK 2013 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/tail-break-light-wire-color-codes-jk-2013-a-193496.html)

Rubicon2013 10-15-2012 10:11 PM

Tail break light wire color codes JK 2013
 
Hi,

About to install a load resistor for a new led light upgrade, however it would come in handy to know the color codes used for the 2013 jk.

So far, black obviously is the ground, however what is the "Running light" and the "stop turn lights" colors?.

Here is a diagram of the colors, any help would be appreciated ... otherwise have to remove the butt connectors... use a multimeter... yeah not my idea of fun ;).

http://s9.postimage.org/rycpgzv2j/Break_light.jpg

Thanks!

Bob

Rubicon2013 10-16-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubicon2013 (Post 2893902)
Hi,

About to install a load resistor for a new led light upgrade, however it would come in handy to know the color codes used for the 2013 jk.

So far, black obviously is the ground, however what is the "Running light" and the "stop turn lights" colors?.

Here is a diagram of the colors, any help would be appreciated ... otherwise have to remove the butt connectors... use a multimeter... yeah not my idea of fun ;).

http://s9.postimage.org/rycpgzv2j/Break_light.jpg

Thanks!

Bob

Just got my answer :

White with a yellow stripe = Brake/Turn
White with a purple stripe = Running
White with a green stripe = Back up lights

mfresh2k2 04-13-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubicon2013 (Post 2894412)
Just got my answer :

White with a yellow stripe = Brake/Turn
White with a purple stripe = Running
White with a green stripe = Back up lights


Did you run the resistor into the yellow/white brake/turn?

I'm almost full LEDs with proper signaling pace and resistors, minutes away from installing my resistors that showed up this AM!

mfresh2k2 04-13-2013 11:23 AM

or so I think...

mfresh2k2 04-13-2013 06:24 PM

Full LED taillight bulb swap, with proper flashers and resistors.. DONE!

:dance:

SimpleAce 04-13-2013 07:49 PM

Hey im new to the forum. Im tyler. Just thought i would check out these posts.

mfresh2k2 04-18-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleAce (Post 3633211)
Hey im new to the forum. Im tyler. Just thought i would check out these posts.

Welcome SimpleAce, break it, build it, post it

hubercor 08-31-2013 08:59 PM

Added LED bulbs to the tail lights. Hooked the resistor up to the white/yellow turn signal wire and ground. Still not functioning properly. It is the 50w 6ohm resistor as indicated is the correct one, but no dice. What am I missing here?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.