Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Connecticut Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f92/)
-   -   new member in the area (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f92/new-member-in-the-area-193517.html)

rjcreig523 10-16-2012 01:12 AM

new member in the area

hey all not a new member here but this is the first time finding the CT local section of WF.:) i currently live in wolcott.just outside of waterbury.im still new to the jeep lifestyle i have had my jeep for about 10 months and i absolutly love it but have only recently started researching lift kits and offroad mods.so needless to say im new to that aspect of the jeep lifestlye.im looking to upgrade the whole suspension system so i have been trying to find the most complete kit and right now im digging the rc 4" X flex kit.does anyone have any experiance with this kit looks like a "good bang for your buck" kit.even if you have no experiance with this kit if you have or are still running any rc kits could you just do a quick review like how it rides on and offroad scale 1-10 on the install and how long you have been running it thanks ladies and gents:wavey:

Sueby 10-16-2012 07:28 AM

Welcome! You might get more responses if you post in the main forum (JK or TJ, whatever it is you have). But I can tell you if you've got a JK you will find no love for the RC lifts! Good luck!

rjcreig523 10-16-2012 10:08 AM

Oh yeah sry been trying to set up my signature with all my jeep info but its a 2003 Tj sport 4.0 5spd d44 rear and d30 upfront the reason I was asking in the local is I'd like to meet some local keepers who have ran ex lifts before and have installed one because I never have but I have access to a heated shop and an above average toolset if someone local would like to help me out beer is on me :)

Jersey Sahara 10-16-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjcreig523
Oh yeah sry been trying to set up my signature with all my jeep info but its a 2003 Tj sport 4.0 5spd d44 rear and d30 upfront the reason I was asking in the local is I'd like to meet some local keepers who have ran ex lifts before and have installed one because I never have but I have access to a heated shop and an above average toolset if someone local would like to help me out beer is on me :)

I can possibly help depending on when you want to do it

wedu22 10-16-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjcreig523 (Post 2894431)
hey all not a new member here but this is the first time finding the CT local section of WF.:) i currently live in wolcott.just outside of waterbury.im still new to the jeep lifestyle i have had my jeep for about 10 months and i absolutly love it but have only recently started researching lift kits and offroad mods.so needless to say im new to that aspect of the jeep lifestlye.im looking to upgrade the whole suspension system so i have been trying to find the most complete kit and right now im digging the rc 4" X flex kit.does anyone have any experiance with this kit looks like a "good bang for your buck" kit.even if you have no experiance with this kit if you have or are still running any rc kits could you just do a quick review like how it rides on and offroad scale 1-10 on the install and how long you have been running it thanks ladies and gents:wavey:

:wavey:rj: :include:...Sorry couldn't resist. Wanted to install 2" OME but after reading through the TJ forum decided not to lift my DD. No place to really go "off roading" (I'm originally from Arkansas...everything is pretty much off road:rofl:) so didn't see the payoff for $. Sueby is right though, in the TJ section is this sticky about "lifts" http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/tj-l...ews-25145.html
- Might give you the info your looking for.

rjcreig523 10-16-2012 09:41 PM

Yeah i read the whole thread about lift reviews and there was only 1 halfway decent review on the rc kit

TalkIsJeep 10-17-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjcreig523

Beer? Heated shop? Did I mention how much I want to help you...?

rjcreig523 10-18-2012 12:23 AM

haha ok talkisjeep ill pm you with some info