Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Should I part with my TJ?!

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  MikalCarbine 
#1 ·
This isn't really a classified, so I guess this is a good place for this thread. Sorry if it needs to be moved.

So, I have been lurking around here for a while over the time that I have owned my Jeep (5-6 years), and I just joined to get an opinion on what has been keeping me up at night.

Should I sell my 60th anniversary edition Wrangler?!

I have been going back and forth on this for a while now. My driveway is starting to look like a used car lot as I "grow up" and can afford more toys. Unfortunately, with more responsibility and incoming funds comes much less free time, and I don't have as much time to play with them all.

I hate watching the Jeep rust away in the driveway, but that is what has been happening recently. I don't even really drive it on the road anymore due to gas mileage and etc. I would love to see it go to someone who can really enjoy it and take care of it.

I can still get a decent price for it. Should I sell while it is still worth something? Is it realistic to imagine that it will be worth something in the future being somewhat rare?

This may be a biased question to ask on this forum, but how many of you have seriously regretted letting go of your Wranglers?

See less See more
#2 ·
I think you have answered your own question, personally. Sounds like selling is the right option for you. With the money that TJs are bringing lately, it wouldn't be a bad move at all in my opinion!

#3 ·
Why have if you don't use it? You may regret it initially when you see another topless/doorless jeeper cruising around but it sounds like you are financially sound, you can always have that cash put aside for another Jeep if that urge comes back. Don't quit waving.:wavey:

#4 ·
dScottd, You have to be honest to yourself, in reality, if you feel like selling it, do it. That means you are not having fun with it, and that you are not attached to it, so the answer is; Sell. You will be glad you sold it if that makes somebody else happy. Anywho, you can easily get another one later, not the same, but similar.
One thing I regret, is that I spent more than two years TOTALLY restoring a 79 Golden Eagle, from chassis up, and sold it due to a Divorce. I regret not finding a way to keep it, it was very difficult, but now I realize I could tried harder to keep it. But, I did it, I sold it, and got through the "D" thing, and I regret it because I did all the work myself, but a Vehicle we just bought from a second Party, is just a vehicle, nothing else.
Good luck.

#7 ·
Mine is just a toy also and sits much more than its driven but I have decided that I will always have a toy jeep as long as I can afford it. I'm not worried about the gas as I probably average 1500 to 2000 miles per year so I'm not spending that much.

In my opinion, if you even ask the question "should I sell it" then the answer is yes.

#8 ·
PM me if you choose to sell it, I have a dear friend looking for a jeep. Shes Jeep crazy and would take great care of it. We would travel and pick it up or something. As for your decision, I agree witha ll the comments its your choice and really if you are asking about sellng then you have already decided. I love my rubi and wont sell until I have to or something like that. Thought never crosses my mind.

#9 ·
I agree with the folks above, it sounds like it's time to let her go.
Saving it in the hopes that it will increase in value isn't really a wise investment.

Let someone who will take her out and play with her get some pleasure from the old gal before she's so old she has no appeal or value left.

#10 ·
FWIW,

I had an 02 Sport that I traded for an 05 Unlimited. Traded that for a Hemi Charger. Traded that for a 10 JK that the wife drives. I bought an 04 TJ Rubicon for me because I always regretted selling the TJ/LJ's.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.