Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   On The Trail (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/)
-   -   Trails in Frisco Texas (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/trails-in-frisco-texas-194750.html)

Malfunction 10-22-2012 12:06 PM

Trails in Frisco Texas

Anyone ever hit the trails on Rock Creek Parkway off of Lebanon? I love it out there, and it's about five minutes from my house. There is a surprising amount trail given the area.

IWANNAOFFROAD 11-05-2012 03:36 PM

Try this its off of 121 and Custer its great as well

IWANNAOFFROAD 11-05-2012 04:26 PM

We should go offroading some time I live in the Frisco area as well

rcardenas03 12-04-2012 04:05 PM

i know u guys life far from me but do u guy happen to know if there are any trails by the south of texas.. i live in brownsville

IWANNAOFFROAD 12-04-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcardenas03 (Post 3066482)
i know u guys life far from me but do u guy happen to know if there are any trails by the south of texas.. i live in brownsville

No man Im sorry.

rcardenas03 12-04-2012 05:38 PM

aight man thanks...

IWANNAOFFROAD 12-04-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcardenas03 (Post 3066885)
aight man thanks...

I know its quite a drive but im going offroading this weekend on Saturday at Rock Creek Parkway off of Lebanon. Pm if your interested

rcardenas03 12-04-2012 11:17 PM

i wish i could but its a hell of a long drive but if ur ever by south padre island and wanna go sand dunning let me know i know a place...

IWANNAOFFROAD 12-05-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcardenas03 (Post 3068341)
i wish i could but its a hell of a long drive but if ur ever by south padre island and wanna go sand dunning let me know i know a place...

Alright sounds good :thumb:

BlueDog58 12-06-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcardenas03 (Post 3066482)

Not familiar with anything as far south as Brownsville. BVORR is the furthest south I can think of. Here's a link to their page:

Mission Statement

Ianbeaulieu 12-09-2012 03:11 AM

Y'all know any in San Antonio?

BlueDog58 12-10-2012 08:01 AM

Not in San Antonio.

Closest I know of is Hidden falls - just outside of Marble Falls. Guess it's about 85 miles from you.

I don't get there often because it's about 180-200 miles from Dallas. But I like the place - Private park but has a lot of varied trails.

yellowtailfan 12-17-2012 04:58 PM

I've been told the following places have Jeep trails:
Marble Falls, TX
Grandbury, TX
Bridgeport, TX

I'd like to off road a bit to. I'm in Frisco, TX. Probablly a little older than some of ya'll :) New to Jeeping - there's a ton of nice rigs in Frisco area. I'm really interested to learn of more legal places to off-road. Send me what you know.

yellowtailfan 12-17-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IWANNAOFFROAD (Post 2962839)
Try this its off of 121 and Custer its great as well

I live across the street from that (off Ridgeview Drive). There are no signs indicating you cannot enter (no private property, no "no trespassing" nothing... and the gate is always wide open), but police always go in there, at odd times, looking for hoodlums :punk:. I'm not sure if they ticket you for trespassing, seems they are more interested in catching underage kids up to no good. Just an FYI if you try it.

IWANNAOFFROAD 12-17-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtailfan (Post 3114574)
I live across the street from that (off Ridgeview Drive). There are no signs indicating you cannot enter (no private property, no "no trespassing" nothing... and the gate is always wide open), but police always go in there, at odd times, looking for hoodlums :punk:. I'm not sure if they ticket you for trespassing, seems they are more interested in catching underage kids up to no good. Just an FYI if you try it.

A police man stopped me on 4th of july. I was in the property offroading. When he put his sirens on I shit my pants. He came up and asked what we were doing and I said just some offroading. He goes you boys have any fireworks. I replied No Sir. He goes alright have a good 4th. I then asked am I allowed to be here. This is what he said "I don't give a fuck, I dont see no trespassing signs. Besides my buddy actually knows the guy who owns the property and he said he did not care

rcardenas03 01-12-2013 08:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
i wasent mudding but i did it all for a friend who got stuck...at the end its part of the jeep duty

Attachment 197411

CRolandLJ 01-15-2013 03:05 PM

Did yall ever hear anymore about that trail area in frisco being legal or illegal? I live in Plano and might cruise by their on my way home one day and see what's back there.

Highlift 01-15-2013 03:39 PM

I live in Colleyville, would like to check out the trails with my Rubi. Let me know when your going next time....

IWANNAOFFROAD 01-15-2013 04:19 PM

There is also on off of coit. You go down that road until it turns into dirt. A lot of people from my school go there to go mudding because its an old farm road and perfectly legal. Also if any of you guys get stuck hit me up. As long as you pay me gas money I will come get you.

CRolandLJ 01-15-2013 05:49 PM

Go up Coit til it becomes dirt?

Ianbeaulieu 01-15-2013 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
buddy of mine and i hit a few today

yellowtailfan 01-15-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRolandLJ (Post 3232404)
Did yall ever hear anymore about that trail area in frisco being legal or illegal? I live in Plano and might cruise by their on my way home one day and see what's back there.

I actually went over and drove thru it. I live across the street from it. They are starting construction behind the trail/pond part. I'm guessing someone purchased the land. An apartment complex is going up within 50 yards of the trails. It seems like something that will be gone in the next year - 2 years. It was a good thing, probably about to expire.

IWANNAOFFROAD 01-15-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRolandLJ (Post 3233031)
Go up Coit til it becomes dirt?

Yeah. Google earth it. You go past Centennial High school on Coit and you pass main street as well and follow that road until it goes to dirt.

IWANNAOFFROAD 01-15-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtailfan (Post 3233315)
I actually went over and drove thru it. I live across the street from it. They are starting construction behind the trail/pond part. I'm guessing someone purchased the land. An apartment complex is going up within 50 yards of the trails. It seems like something that will be gone in the next year - 2 years. It was a good thing, probably about to expire.

Probably about to expire? What do you mean?

yellowtailfan 01-16-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IWANNAOFFROAD (Post 3233371)
Probably about to expire? What do you mean?

Sorry bro, i wasn't clear. Good point - thank you for asking.

I was inferring that the commercial developer is focused on developing the appartments - not that corner of heaven :thumb: That "small section" or corner of land surely is included in what they purchased. (assumption, yes but logically they are literally developing on top of it) In the past, you could drive around a fair amount back there, there were many more tree's etc... now, the tree's are shredded in huge piles (which are kinda fun to drive up :dance: ) the construction is literally at the edge of the trails... it's probably going to be concrete in the coming year. Maybe parking lot, another 7-11 type store... Progress!!! unfortunately.

IWANNAOFFROAD 01-16-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtailfan (Post 3235603)
Sorry bro, i wasn't clear. Good point - thank you for asking.

I was inferring that the commercial developer is focused on developing the appartments - not that corner of heaven :thumb: That "small section" or corner of land surely is included in what they purchased. (assumption, yes but logically they are literally developing on top of it) In the past, you could drive around a fair amount back there, there were many more tree's etc... now, the tree's are shredded in huge piles (which are kinda fun to drive up :dance: ) the construction is literally at the edge of the trails... it's probably going to be concrete in the coming year. Maybe parking lot, another 7-11 type store... Progress!!! unfortunately.

Oh ok, thanks for explaining. Yeah progress is crap... So many trails have been ruined because of it.

IWANNAOFFROAD 01-16-2013 02:51 PM

Has anyone gone to bridgeport? I have a fairly stock Jeep wrangler Tj with 31 inch mud tires which I just bought.

IWANNAOFFROAD 01-20-2013 08:06 PM

Hey guys I'm going offroading around 1 tomorrow. Message me if you want to go. Im going to the one off of rock creek.

Sodastereo20 01-22-2013 12:21 AM

Where is exactly rock creek located? I live in Plano too and just bought a 10 islander. Wan to try some easy trails first

Malfunction 01-23-2013 06:26 AM

The road is called Rock Creek Parkway and it's off Lebanon in Frisco. If you look at a satellite map of Rock Creek Parkway you can see the trails in the trees and along the tree line on the south side of the road. You have to hop the curb on Rock Creek road to get out there.