Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   Newbie in Toronto, Canada (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/newbie-in-toronto-canada-195217.html)

rickyt31 10-24-2012 02:50 PM

Newbie in Toronto, Canada
 
Hey Everybody,

Been in love with the Wrangler since I was a little one and now have finally saved up enough cash to purchase. I've read a bunch of threads and got some fantastic information in regards to buying (anything more would still be appreciated) but would like to know if you were looking for a second hand Wrangler what would you be looking for?

I'm looking for either an 2012 or 2013 Unlimited and am tossing up between a Sahara and a Sport S. I won't do much offroading but am open to getting out of downtown Toronto and seeing the as much of Ontario (and more) as I can.

So my options I'm looking at are pretty much as below but I am flexible:
Sport S / Sahara
Auto Transmission
Dual Top Group
Connectivity Group
430N or 730N Uconnect
Convenience Group for Sport S (incld. in Sahara)
3.21 Rear Axel Ratio
Front Seat Side Airbags
Heated Seats


Would you add:
Airbags?
3.73 Seperately?
3.73 with Max Tow Package?
Airconditioning with Auto Temp Control?
Antispin Diff?

I have emailed a few dealerships in the GTA but most are pretty stingy, any advice?

Cheers,

jkucod12 10-24-2012 03:15 PM

Welcome,

I would add a block heater and airbags... or just get a loaded Rubicon... but that just me... everyone's mileage may very.

SilverSport 10-24-2012 06:41 PM

Welcome Aboard! :wavey: I would get the 3.73 separately, you can add the hitch and harness yourself for much cheaper. Also air conditioning without auto temp control.

jokerchief462 10-24-2012 07:15 PM

Welcome to the forum and make a choice!!! We want pics of your new Jeep!!!

dabolt55 10-24-2012 07:35 PM

Welcome, good luck on your decision..:thumb:

Beastmaster 10-24-2012 08:07 PM

Welcome to the forum!

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

rickyt31 10-24-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkucod12 (Post 2921992)
Welcome,

I would add a block heater and airbags... or just get a loaded Rubicon... but that just me... everyone's mileage may very.

The block heater is for the engine right? Would I need it if I am parking the Jeep indoors?

jkucod12 10-24-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyt31 (Post 2923581)
The block heater is for the engine right? Would I need it if I am parking the Jeep indoors?

Do you travel much in the winter? if yes I would have it for sure... there's many hotels have electric plugin to keep your engine warm... also remote start is nice, the COD Jeep has most all the goodie as stander.... you'll have fun anyway you go... Happy Jeeep-in.

rickyt31 10-24-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkucod12 (Post 2923803)
Do you travel much in the winter? if yes I would have it for sure... there's many hotels have electric plugin to keep your engine warm...

I am inexperienced in snow conditions because I grew up in Australia and I haven't had transport to get out of downtown Toronto until now. So I'm very keen to get out to a few ski fields and maybe further.

How much would the Block Heater cost?

FreezerJeep 10-24-2012 11:41 PM

As a fellow Canadian welcome!

Get the blockheater done when bought from the dealer....really most come with it up here. It just makes it start a lot nicer if it's really cold out. 3.73 gears are nice if u ever plan to goto a bigger wheel size. I do enjoy having auto air as when it's cold I just leave it on auto and it speeds the fan up as it gets warmer. Really nice little feature.

Hope u get what ur looking for!!

Bryce

jkucod12 10-25-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezerJeep (Post 2923878)
As a fellow Canadian welcome!

Get the blockheater done when bought from the dealer....really most come with it up here. It just makes it start a lot nicer if it's really cold out. 3.73 gears are nice if u ever plan to goto a bigger wheel size. I do enjoy having auto air as when it's cold I just leave it on auto and it speeds the fan up as it gets warmer. Really nice little feature.

Hope u get what ur looking for!!

Bryce

Thanks for the help Bryce... do you have remote or is your cover also?

MrSig 10-25-2012 04:14 AM

http://r23.imgfast.net/users/2314/13...3032514546.gif and enjoy the forum!

FreezerJeep 10-25-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkucod12

Thanks for the help Bryce... do you have remote or is your cover also?

Ur message has confused me. Do I have remote/cover heat?

bbbarc 10-25-2012 08:39 AM

Welcome! Welcome!

jkucod12 10-25-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezerJeep (Post 2924385)
Ur message has confused me. Do I have remote/cover heat?

Do you have Remote start, is your jeep garaged?

FreezerJeep 10-25-2012 10:07 AM

Ah gotcha. Mine is garaged at night. At work it sits out side. But no remote start. Just run out and start it and run back in. Lol. :)
Bryce

GeckoJK 10-25-2012 10:29 AM

Based on what you want go Sahara. Nav isnt available on the Sport S, nor are heated seats. You have to get a Sahara for those. Get the 3.73 gears, anti-spin rear diff. Dont bother with the hitch unless you plan to tow. Dont get auto temp control unless you get remote start. Remote start is also only available on the Sahara. Good luck.

mackdj1 10-25-2012 10:55 AM

Welcome from a fellow canuck! I would definitely stop and think about how you are going to use your vehicle when it comes to the gears. I've heard differing opinions as to 3.73's or 4.10's. If you plan on putting anything over a 33" tire you would be better off ordering with 4.10's anything 33 or under then I would stick with 3.73's. If you can get this off the lot it's much cheaper than if you buy and then regear.A regear can cost $$$$.

Full disclosure all the above info I got from this forum and none of it is from experience. Best to do some research to get other opinions.:wavey:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.