Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   WF Site Help & Support (
-   -   Windows app? (

SurfKaster 10-25-2012 08:03 AM

Windows app?
Any plans for a WF Windows app? I plan on getting the new Nokia & am curious if you guys have anything in the works.

ryanmalzac1 10-26-2012 10:27 AM

Am also curious of this... I have the lumia and its an awesome phone. Windows phones are getting more popular, i think it'd be a good idea as well. U make a windows phone app... I'll become a supporting member :) (deal? )

SurfKaster 11-09-2012 03:26 AM

No love huh? Not even we'll look into it? Well I guess I'll be browsing then.

Cascadian 11-09-2012 03:30 AM

I'd like to see this happen as well.

HelenaAG 11-09-2012 10:19 AM

Hey guys,

The apps the forum currently have on them ( forum runner and ) both do not have a windows support version. BUT I am looking into getting something else for the forum that may solve everyone's issues.

Simcraft 02-05-2013 06:45 AM

Interested in seeing what comes of this...

Been a windows phone junkie for 2 years now and just re-signed with a brand new lumia. I would like to be able to browse a little easier than just going to the site.

SurfKaster 03-31-2013 07:55 PM

I know Win mobile is probably the bottom 3% compared to apple or andriod, but a WF app would be sweet. I wouldn't mind paying for it if that means anything.

SurfKaster 06-28-2013 01:53 AM

Gonna kick this dead horse a bit

SurfKaster 09-07-2013 02:06 AM

Quarterly check in.

SurfKaster 01-04-2014 10:32 AM

Happy new year!

JDsDream 01-04-2014 10:55 AM

Wow, still nothing on this?

HelenaAG 01-06-2014 02:57 PM

It is not something that is available or will be with the app since the developer is not wanting to make one. But we are working on something for sites.

2013 / 2014 Ford Escape Forum <<< that site was recently converted to VB toucan. If you check it out with your phone, it scales down to a mobile version and uses the same amount of data becasue the skin is so basic.

We are testing this now and it will be rolling out on our communities ( if the community wants something like this)

SurfKaster 01-18-2014 07:06 AM

I appreciate the information even though it's very disappointing to hear the developer doesn't want to make one. Seems like a LOT of developers feel this way, which is unfortunate. I think it's a great OS. After a year + of using windows I have zero desire to go back to apple regardless of how many apps there are.

I checked out the Ford Escape forum on my phone & honestly I didn't find it that impressive. I found the side maximize/minimize advertising window permanently attached annoying. Also I assume removing the forum grid breakdown for each section while adding the the 1st thread under each improves speed, but it gives the site an overall jumbled appearance. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the update.