Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   My new 2013 CG JKUR w/ AEV Hood! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/my-new-2013-cg-jkur-w-aev-hood-195424.html)

County98 10-25-2012 01:37 PM

My new 2013 CG JKUR w/ AEV Hood!
 
5 Attachment(s)
Special ordered from the factory while I was deployed to Africa. Got back a month ago and picked her up yesterday. LOVE it. 3rd Jeep and best one yet.

Live in Vegas, but IMHO the dealers here suck. No personal relationships at all and they couldn't care less. They figure lots of people here with money, so they aren't interested. Just my experience.

Ordered through Ken Garff Jeep in Salt Lake City, UT and a salesman named Nino. Awesome experience. I have Tread Lightly so, Affiliate pricing, but they did 2.5% under invoice, coordinated the new hood so it was ready to bolt on day they got it, etc. Nino even came and picked us up from the airport. Highly recommended if you're on the west coast.

Anyway, first new vehicle for me and I'm 40 years old. Decided to get her exactly how I wanted, so got Saddle Leather, 4.10's, remote start, Connectivity, 430Nav, Auto, and went body color top and flares (after much internal debate, live in Vegas, so color top is the way to go for heat on your skull.)

Expensive, but I went through Navy Federal Credit Union. They are pushing loans right now and I got for 1.99% for 72 months. Credit score not great after house debacle, around 720.

I was nervous of color not seeing it in person, but like everyone says, looks awesome in person. Maybe not for you, but works for me.

On to the pics!

County98 10-25-2012 01:38 PM

Interior
 
3 Attachment(s)
Couple more...

SilverSport 10-25-2012 01:39 PM

Congrats!

panthermark 10-25-2012 01:40 PM

Straight dope.... :thumb:

Sueby 10-25-2012 01:41 PM

Love the hood. Congrats on the new ride!

TrueBlueJK 10-25-2012 01:41 PM

Perfect color combo County, looks great!!

LMT Rubi 10-25-2012 01:43 PM

Congrats! It looks really nice.

County98 10-25-2012 01:48 PM

Thanks all!

Only new thing coming is some Ace sliders tomorrow(?). Wasn't sure I was going to jump on the band wagon, but wanted to keep the Rubi rails, my wife is little so needed a step, and didn't want some schmuck to open a door into me in a parking lot. Cant wait!

Love to watch the post, but gonna go sit in the garage and make vroom, vroom noises, lol.

Cosmic Charlie 10-25-2012 03:20 PM

hehehehe...GARFF...hehehe..

Seriously though, great looking Jeep....great looking hood.

CG3 10-25-2012 03:47 PM

Colour looks great, and I love the hood! Congrats to you - you must be stoked :thumb:

VS1 10-25-2012 03:53 PM

Congrats. Color combo looks spectacular. Nicely done!!!

CA_Arctic 10-25-2012 09:22 PM

Wow, look really great! Nice job!

AdrianVall 10-25-2012 09:31 PM

Looks amaaaaaaazing! Man I love that color. And that interior just sets it off. Very nice ride man.

lolpetewtf 10-25-2012 09:35 PM

Amazing. Nice choice.

CreepyJeeper 10-25-2012 09:46 PM

Looks awesome! ENJOY!!!

scottmphoto 10-25-2012 10:14 PM

Nice rig!!!!!! Congrats.

SURGE 10-25-2012 11:09 PM

I really like the AEV hood! Probably a stupid question, but will they take your old hood and give you anything for it? Or were you able to sell it for anything? I don't want to just scrap a perfectly good hood when my 2013 comes in, but I assume that is the only option?

Farnham21 10-25-2012 11:11 PM

I hate you so much that thing is sexy I think I would change the rubi and side stickers to black though IMO it would look good with the black hood accent

County98 10-26-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caelem (Post 2927424)
I really like the AEV hood! Probably a stupid question, but will they take your old hood and give you anything for it? Or were you able to sell it for anything? I don't want to just scrap a perfectly good hood when my 2013 comes in, but I assume that is the only option?

Thanks man! I THINK I remember that the AEV hood from elsewhere is around $800 e-coated. Add $150ish shipping and you still have to paint. I wanted to make sure the paint was dead on (dont have the skinny on a local reliable painter), so went dealer. Dealer charges $1030 for hood only, and $1062 installed and painted. They get their offset back by keeping your brand new hood.

In a nutshell, I didnt want to mess with the logistics and wanted it on when I went to pick her up. I paid a G for the AEV hood installed, painted and decal-ed. Never saw my orginal hood. Didnt seem to far off from doing it myself.

County98 10-26-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farnham21 (Post 2927430)
I hate you so much that thing is sexy I think I would change the rubi and side stickers to black though IMO it would look good with the black hood accent

I debated this alot for a couple $15 stickers, lol. I'm probably the minority, but I thought the silver would look nice against the black vents and green hood. When I saw it in person, I'm glad I did. Different strokes, but I like it alot.:hide:

Cheers!

-Shayne

1Topp 10-26-2012 02:37 AM

:thumb:

Farnham21 10-27-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County98

I debated this alot for a couple $15 stickers, lol. I'm probably the minority, but I thought the silver would look nice against the black vents and green hood. When I saw it in person, I'm glad I did. Different strokes, but I like it alot.:hide:

Cheers!

-Shayne

It's all good but I still hate you lol

Vanne 10-27-2012 04:13 AM

Love the rig mate and the extras, but the color is not for me.

Hold24 10-27-2012 05:33 AM

I love the color choice and hood with the saddle interior. Looks great. I'm picking my jkur up this weekend. The hood is going to be my first mod after seeing yours...

Vanne 10-27-2012 07:58 AM

Yeah you can't go past the hood! : D just a quick q, what's the row of switches on the photos of the inside just near the drivers side air intake for the aircon? Is that where th diff lock switches are?

I also love you tail light protectors. Good choice!

Nomadarmy 10-27-2012 10:12 AM

After seeing the switch out of black decals with that color, I would also have to switch them to black...the black and green makes it Pop!..seems like the silver color is an add-on that doesn't belong ...IMO....sexy jeep..love, love, love that green

EdJonesJeeper 10-27-2012 10:21 AM

Sweet!

20Sahara11 10-27-2012 10:31 AM

Great looking Jeep! Thanks for your service!

cheap4tw 10-27-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County98 (Post 2925332)
Special ordered from the factory while I was deployed to Africa. Got back a month ago and picked her up yesterday. LOVE it. 3rd Jeep and best one yet.

Live in Vegas, but IMHO the dealers here suck. No personal relationships at all and they couldn't care less. They figure lots of people here with money, so they aren't interested. Just my experience.

Ordered through Ken Garff Jeep in Salt Lake City, UT and a salesman named Nino. Awesome experience. I have Tread Lightly so, Affiliate pricing, but they did 2.5% under invoice, coordinated the new hood so it was ready to bolt on day they got it, etc. Nino even came and picked us up from the airport. Highly recommended if you're on the west coast.

Anyway, first new vehicle for me and I'm 40 years old. Decided to get her exactly how I wanted, so got Saddle Leather, 4.10's, remote start, Connectivity, 430Nav, Auto, and went body color top and flares (after much internal debate, live in Vegas, so color top is the way to go for heat on your skull.)

Expensive, but I went through Navy Federal Credit Union. They are pushing loans right now and I got for 1.99% for 72 months. Credit score not great after house debacle, around 720.

I was nervous of color not seeing it in person, but like everyone says, looks awesome in person. Maybe not for you, but works for me.

On to the pics!

That would be my Jeep if it had a black hard top and black fenders and if that color had been available in 2012. I love my silver but the green with tan interior is just... awesome.

COStrider 10-27-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County98
Special ordered from the factory while I was deployed to Africa. Got back a month ago and picked her up yesterday. LOVE it. 3rd Jeep and best one yet.

Live in Vegas, but IMHO the dealers here suck. No personal relationships at all and they couldn't care less. They figure lots of people here with money, so they aren't interested. Just my experience.

Ordered through Ken Garff Jeep in Salt Lake City, UT and a salesman named Nino. Awesome experience. I have Tread Lightly so, Affiliate pricing, but they did 2.5% under invoice, coordinated the new hood so it was ready to bolt on day they got it, etc. Nino even came and picked us up from the airport. Highly recommended if you're on the west coast.

Anyway, first new vehicle for me and I'm 40 years old. Decided to get her exactly how I wanted, so got Saddle Leather, 4.10's, remote start, Connectivity, 430Nav, Auto, and went body color top and flares (after much internal debate, live in Vegas, so color top is the way to go for heat on your skull.)

Expensive, but I went through Navy Federal Credit Union. They are pushing loans right now and I got for 1.99% for 72 months. Credit score not great after house debacle, around 720.

I was nervous of color not seeing it in person, but like everyone says, looks awesome in person. Maybe not for you, but works for me.

On to the pics!

Very cool


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.