Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   HIDs (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/hids-195617.html)

AlohaJay 10-26-2012 12:19 PM

HIDs
 
1 Attachment(s)
went with the 8000k HID kit, the difference is crazy I really recommend it if anyone wants too, the bulb size is 9003

Stanton Tucker 11-09-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlohaJay
went with the 8000k HID kit, the difference is crazy I really recommend it if anyone wants too, the bulb size is 9003

How much did those run you?

DBoat 11-10-2012 05:59 AM

Please post up all the specifics.. what it is you bought..where you bought it, how much it costs.. explain the install, good and bad.. etc etc..there are some that are interested..

thanks:wavey:

Border Dave 11-10-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlohaJay (Post 2928590)
went with the 8000k HID kit, the difference is crazy I really recommend it if anyone wants too, the bulb size is 9003

Those are not legal to have on a street vehicle in any state that I know of, and for good reason. They produce a glare and tend to temporarily blind/dazzle oncoming drivers. You cannot legally (or ethically) put HID bulbs into an H4/9003 light housing.

Read this: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

Bamadan 11-10-2012 12:27 PM

Dave
You are correct in what you are saying but more than half the vehicle's I meet at night blind the hell out of me. Don't know if it is just my eyes getting older or the later versions of new technology, but I'm blinded by more headlights now than not.

Border Dave 11-10-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamadan (Post 2979521)
Dave
You are correct in what you are saying but more than half the vehicle's I meet at night blind the hell out of me. Don't know if it is just my eyes getting older or the later versions of new technology, but I'm blinded by more headlights now than not.

So you're saying that if someone else does the wrong thing, then it's ok for you to do it, too?

Synolimit 11-10-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Border Dave (Post 2979450)
Those are not legal to have on a street vehicle in any state that I know of, and for good reason. They produce a glare and tend to temporarily blind/dazzle oncoming drivers. You cannot legally (or ethically) put HID bulbs into an H4/9003 light housing.

Read this: Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

True.

OP why not buy a projector headlight and help everyone out?

Bamadan 11-11-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Border Dave (Post 2979594)
So you're saying that if someone else does the wrong thing, then it's ok for you to do it, too?

Where did you get that I said it was ok for others do do it as well ?
I'm saying that more and more factory lights do the same as his lights .
reading comprehension class maybe ?

Border Dave 11-11-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamadan (Post 2981472)
Where did you get that I said it was ok for others do do it as well ?
I'm saying that more and more factory lights do the same as his lights .
reading comprehension class maybe ?

OK, maybe I need to get hookd onn fonix. I don't think all those headlights that are blinding us are factory, though. I think a lot of people feel the need to put brighter, illegal lights in their cars.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.