Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Adventure passes (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/adventure-passes-196817.html)

I H8RDS 11-01-2012 08:32 AM

Adventure passes
 
Bernie, Scott, Brandon, Lorenzo, JP-

For our Miller trip, here's a link where you can get an adventure pass...and we need to make sure we have enough wood..it's going to be chilly! 93225 zip code for Fraizer. Look at the 10 days out temps!! :eek: Miss Calico already!


Thought I'd post this for anyone else interested in camping and find out they need a pass.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/r5/passes-permits/recreation/?cid=stelprdb5181410&width=full,

Lorie :wavey:

I H8RDS 11-01-2012 08:58 AM

Looks like George is going to try and make it too :D

yomondo 11-01-2012 09:18 AM

Most major sporting goods stores carry them. Sport Chalet, Sports Authority, Big 5, etc.

werubiblue06 11-01-2012 09:49 AM

Good to know!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yomondo (Post 2949158)
Most major sporting goods stores carry them. Sport Chalet, Sports Authority, Big 5, etc.

Oh cool I have a Big 5 just across the street of my office, I'll try that at lunch--thanks for the info Yomando.

Cool, would be nice to have George there too.

Thanks Lorie :thumb:

geocash 11-01-2012 12:05 PM

That weekend is actually a free day - Veterans Day Weekend: November 10-12, 2012

Region 5 - Recreation Passes & Permits

I H8RDS 11-01-2012 12:17 PM

Yes! And no fires at Sky Ranch right now..that's the reason for the campground just below it. Or you know we'd be there in a heart beat! This campground is small and will probably be empty. Plus if we want to do 118/119, 111, 112 and 113, we're there..AND, anything is better than staying in Hungry Valley!

werubiblue06 11-01-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geocash (Post 2949749)
That weekend is actually a free day - Veterans Day Weekend: November 10-12, 2012

Region 5 - Recreation Passes & Permits


So this means free camping sites for this weekend?

I H8RDS 11-01-2012 01:02 PM

As far as I know, yes. Just need a pass.

crittert 11-01-2012 07:58 PM

I was there last weekend and it was free..The ranger drove right past me with no pass and waved fyi

RadarRob2012 11-01-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06

So this means free camping sites for this weekend?

I don't know. But I've got two of them in my Jeep that I probably won't use for the rest of the year. They're yours if you want them Bernie.

I H8RDS 11-01-2012 08:59 PM

Bernie--you off all day or half day that Friday? I'm going to get 59 minutes most likely so I'll be leaving work at 130p.

Scottie- you're flexible right?

werubiblue06 11-01-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 (Post 2951594)
I don't know. But I've got two of them in my Jeep that I probably won't use for the rest of the year. They're yours if you want them Bernie.

Thanks Rob but I already bought one at the Big 5 this afternoon. :facepalm:

RadarRob2012 11-01-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06

Thanks Rob but I already bought one at the Big 5 this afternoon. :facepalm:

Doh!!! Oh well, I get two every year. You can't beat the $5.00 extra one for a friend. Did you get one for all of next year as well?

werubiblue06 11-01-2012 09:45 PM

59 min...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 2951682)
Bernie--you off all day or half day that Friday? I'm going to get 59 minutes most likely so I'll be leaving work at 130p.

Scottie- you're flexible right?


You know what an a-hole my boss is, I was only able to get 56 minutes off. :rofl:

I will ask V if she will be able to leave half day on that Friday. If it's a "Board Meeting Friday" she may not be able to, which, in that case I would pick her up at Diamond Bar in the late afternoon and leave from there--just not sure what time yet.

I'll ask her--no I'LL TELL HER to take the day off so she could help me load everything. We'll see how well that works. :rofl: :popcorn:

I'm tired I need to go home and rest!

werubiblue06 11-01-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 (Post 2951865)
Doh!!! Oh well, I get two every year. You can't beat the $5.00 extra one for a friend. Did you get one for all of next year as well?


Yup--second one for this year!!:banghead: The first one got thrown out with the recycling trash along with that cool offroad trails book that everyone seems to have but me...I'd rather not talk about it. :deadhorse:

RadarRob2012 11-01-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06

Yup--second one for this year!!:banghead: The first one got thrown out with the recycling trash along with that cool offroad trails book that everyone seems to have but me...I'd rather not talk about it. :deadhorse:

Hey... I've got that book. Lol. A bit waterlogged from being left in the door pocket. With the doors left at camp. Doh! Lot of good it does me there, but the passes are in the center console. Go figure. Lol. You guys have a great weekend.

Kaisertod 11-01-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS

Scottie- you're flexible right?

I won't be able to get up there until after dark, so don't wait for me... Hell, I may even drive up early on Saturday. Haven't thought that far ahead yet :)

I H8RDS 11-01-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06 (Post 2951869)
You know what an a-hole my boss is, I was only able to get 56 minutes off. :rofl:

I will ask V if she will be able to leave half day on that Friday. If it's a "Board Meeting Friday" she may not be able to, which, in that case I would pick her up at Diamond Bar in the late afternoon and leave from there--just not sure what time yet.

I'll ask her--no I'LL TELL HER to take the day off so she could help me load everything. We'll see how well that works. :rofl: :popcorn:

I'm tired I need to go home and rest!

Right on! She usually gets her way with our wheeling weekends..and if not, no worries, I'll be bringing some company :D



Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisertod (Post 2951966)
I won't be able to get up there until after dark, so don't wait for me... Hell, I may even drive up early on Saturday. Haven't thought that far ahead yet :)

What happened to you being able to do whatever you wanted on Friday? Hope you can make it Friday. It's not that far from where you're at. If not, Saturday will work. :(

I H8RDS 11-03-2012 05:53 AM

Looks like Lorenzo may be in too. He and JP share a birthday! :cool:

P.S. I'll tell him to leave his guns at home! :rofl:

werubiblue06 11-03-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS
Looks like Lorenzo may be in too. He and JP share a birthday! :cool:

P.S. I'll tell him to leave his guns at home! :rofl:

Hopefuly a strip search will not be necessary...lol!

RadarRob2012 11-03-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06

Hopefuly a strip search will not be necessary...lol!

Now there's a scary image. Lol

I H8RDS 11-03-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06 (Post 2956672)
Hopefuly a strip search will not be necessary...lol!


Wha?!! You mean V Wouldn't like to see Lorenzo naked again?? :rofl:

werubiblue06 11-03-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS

Wha?!! You mean V Wouldn't like to see Lorenzo naked again?? :rofl:

That's a Big NO! Nor do I want to deal with it either. If clothing is going to be optional let me know so we can prepare for it.

I H8RDS 11-03-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werubiblue06 (Post 2956696)
That's a Big NO! Nor do I want to deal with it either. If clothing is going to be optional let me know so we can prepare for it.

Next time would be better though- he's be naked AND shooting his gun at 4am! :rofl:

Mavrick243 11-03-2012 03:52 PM

awww dang it you mean im gonna miss out on naked firearms!:rofl:

I H8RDS 11-03-2012 06:31 PM

Ha! Ya never know with Lorenzo after he's been up all night :rolleyes:

Mavrick243 11-04-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 2957430)
Ha! Ya never know with Lorenzo after he's been up all night :rolleyes:

And been drinking the Honey! haha

I H8RDS 11-04-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrick243 (Post 2958281)
And been drinking the Honey! haha

So true!

Hey Ya'll...I totally forgot next weekend for me is not my RDO Monday weekend; it's a Holiday..so, that means I won't be off work until 230pm, assuming the XO is giving us 59 minutes due to the holiday.

If for whatever reason the campground is full, plan B would be Hungry Valley :( Hopefully we won't have to worry about that. It's probably going to be one of the last weekends Miller's open as we are expecting rain/snow at the Miller elevation. BOOOOO!!!! Once that happens, the rangers close her until late May. Checking the weather, it's going to be a little cold..with a slight chance of showers Sunday. Pack lots of wood!!

I hate the winter.

Mavrick243 11-04-2012 07:27 PM

Dang im gonna miss the last miller run :(

I H8RDS 11-04-2012 07:34 PM

Ya Parker! That bites right?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.