Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Shot in the head over fuel -nj (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/shot-in-the-head-over-fuel-nj-197095.html)

PieFace 11-02-2012 05:12 PM

Shot in the head over fuel -nj

People are coming unglued in NJ.

Today someone was shot in the head in a fuel station waiting line.

They are rationing gas down to $20 per car and people are turning into animals.

Guns drawn at the gas pumps, massive lines in the middle of the night: Drivers turn violent in scramble for precious fuel |

I was planning to go out in the middle of the night to fill my tank thinking that the lines would have died down and my wife (works at hospital) told me about this.

IF YOUR IN NJ READING THIS, DO NOT RISK YOUR LIFE FOR GAS. THE GAS IS COMING. CALL OUT OF WORK IF YOU HAVE TO. HANG IN THERE.

4x4cop 11-02-2012 05:16 PM

For god sake stay armed! That's just crazy. There's a special place for oeoe like that on hell.

jadmt 11-02-2012 05:19 PM

geez I heard Obama say two days ago that he would take care of things and if anybody needed anything just call and within 15 minutes your request would be granted. Wonder why things are not back to normal yet? Not like him to not get things done.

4x4cop 11-02-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadmt
geez I heard Obama say two days ago that he would take care of things and if anybody needed anything just call and within 15 minutes your request would be granted. Wonder why things are not back to normal yet? Not like him to not get things done.

Lmao!! Rotfl!!

tomthbomb 11-02-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadmt

George W's fault.

Badkarma8 11-02-2012 05:37 PM

It's funny how everything turns political as we get closer to the election.

jadmt 11-02-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomthbomb (Post 2954404)
George W's fault.

What do suppose W is doing? playing around tying up Obama's phone line yea that's it, he keeps calling then hanging up cause he probably still has the unlisted number.:hide:

jadmt 11-02-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badkarma8 (Post 2954412)
It's funny how everything turns political as we get closer to the election.

Interesting, I had not noticed, is it too late to vote or has it been decided already?

markmdz 11-02-2012 05:43 PM

To the OP, if you're in Jersey, shoot me a PM or something to let me know where you're at. I'm in CT and we've got plenty of gas, no lines, no waiting, no rationing. I've got two 5 gallon containers I'm happy to fill up and meet you somewhere to give you, just say the word.

To the political crap: As Christie said the other night, "I don't give a damn about politics right now. This is about helping those in need." We all know the visit earlier this week was more of a political 'make face' than anything else, but no need to waste breath or effort on it.

To anyone in the area of Jersey, please read this: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/sand...lp-197017.html

3JKs1H1 11-02-2012 06:08 PM

This is why you should have a backup generator and gas. Stay out of the mess. Anybody who can afford a Jeep can plunk down $500-$600 to run a furnace and sump, freezer and some lights. What happened is bad, but it would be worse if it happened in cold weather. Been through that.

scuba_steve 11-02-2012 07:33 PM

Yeah, we had a duracho come through VA this summer and my area was without electricity for a week...which shut down most gas stations...and killed cell service. Since many of us have some sort of voice over IP phone at home (e.g., FIOS), they stopped working when the ONT backup batteries died on the first day.

18 months earlier, we had Snowmageddon...and in 2009 we had Snowpocalypse.

In each case, grocery stores were wiped out in a couple of days...there were issues with resupply...and people were helpless.

God help this nation if we have a real long-term crisis - EMP, dirty bomb, smallpox outbreak, etc. Folks don't know where food really comes from...and have no idea what to do when water, electricity, and natural gas stop flowing into their homes.

We are quietly well stocked. Batteries, food, fuel, medicine, masks, water, camping gear, defensive gear, etc. ...and rotate stock. Before the most recent hurricane came through, we also filled up all three vehicles and then parked them in my garage...knowing that two of them were really serving as gas cans for the third one - my Jeep.

At any given time, we are about a week away from anarchy. Probably won't happen, but the downside of not preparing even a little is too high not to do it.

Be careful up there brother.

BlueRidgeYJ 11-03-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scuba_steve
At any given time, we are about a week away from anarchy. Probably won't happen, but the downside of not preparing even a little is too high not to do it.

Ive heard as little as 3 meals seperate us from anarchy. Very solid points. Become united in your local communities and be prepared, then and only then will things be OK no matter what goes down.