Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/)
-   -   Speaker set up/ideas (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/speaker-set-up-ideas-197228.html)

yjderek 11-03-2012 12:10 PM

Speaker set up/ideas
 
I am wanting to see photos of speaker bar set ups or custom boxes.. I want to put a sound bar in my 91 wrangler but with money being short I may take it into my own hands and made my own and then rhino line it to make it waterproof and rugged. Any photos will help. Thanks!

CPLSeraphim 11-03-2012 01:40 PM

I am actually getting ready to build a sound bar box this weekend for my jeep. I will be looking for ideas here myself.

GrkYJ 11-03-2012 01:41 PM

Let me know how u guys do, I have a uh and want to build a sound bar as well

90YJinPC 11-04-2012 06:55 PM

have you seen ammo cans used for speakers boxes? this will be my next project.

DirtyRob 11-04-2012 07:13 PM

I see sound bars sell on CL sometimes for a fair price. You may try that oif you haven't already.
I just made some brackets and screwed 2-6x9's (in cheap boxes) to the rear fenders. Less to steal with the top off. With an amp they sound good with or without the top on.

Google "home made jeep sound bar" and you will get a lot of links with pics.

(I am not sure how the mods like hot linking to another Jeep forum)

yjderek 11-05-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90YJinPC (Post 2960452)
have you seen ammo cans used for speakers boxes? this will be my next project.

Thats a cool idea, post pics once you do

yjderek 11-05-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d5string (Post 2960526)
I see sound bars sell on CL sometimes for a fair price. You may try that oif you haven't already.
I just made some brackets and screwed 2-6x9's (in cheap boxes) to the rear fenders. Less to steal with the top off. With an amp they sound good with or without the top on.

Google "home made jeep sound bar" and you will get a lot of links with pics.

(I am not sure how the mods like hot linking to another Jeep forum)

Thanks Ill take a look around.

Carlsbad0331 11-05-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90YJinPC (Post 2960452)
have you seen ammo cans used for speakers boxes? this will be my next project.

I was actually contemplating doing this. I have several different ammo cans including metal crates for rockets that would make interesting subwoofer boxes (once you sealed all the rattling up).
But I decided to go with the $25 6x9 boxes at Pep Boys and put some old RF 6x9's in them. Sound pretty darn good and cost me $25!

roadyrob 11-06-2012 04:35 AM

check ebay for deals on a used sound bar, if your patient you can find one. I just picked up a TJ factory sound bar in good shape for 71.00 shipped.

yjderek 11-07-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadyrob (Post 2964798)
check ebay for deals on a used sound bar, if your patient you can find one. I just picked up a TJ factory sound bar in good shape for 71.00 shipped.

will the tjs sound bar fit a yj? I have a 91 yj, so with no family/sport bars. All I have is main hoop behind fronts seats, and the roll bar supports that go from top of hoop to the windsheild. thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.