Thinking of selling my jeep ( Need opinions )
I am thinking of selling my jeep, and I would like to get some opinions from you all as to what you think that it would bring. I know that the market is pretty soft right now, but I am just curious.
I am not getting out of wheeling, I am just looking at going another route. ( Maybe )
I appreciate your opinions.
* It is a 1994 Jeep YJ
* It has a 4 cylinder with about 50,000 miles on it. ( very dependable )
* I have installed a automatic 904 Torque Flight in it, and it works great.
* It is all hooked to an Atlas II 4.3
* The front axle is a Dana 44 out of a waggy, it has warn shafts and CTM's in it, it also has 513 gears and a lockright locker which has never given me any problems. It also has warn hubs.
* The rear axle was custom built by WMS, and it has disk breaks and 35 spline Chromolly shafts, and 513 gears and a full spool.
* The wheelbase is 105" long. It was stretched 4 inches in the rear and 3 to 4 inches in the front, and it also has the waggy springs on all four corners. The front waggy springs have been beefed up. We snail wrapped another waggy main leaft around the other main leaf to added strength.
* The front has also had the shackle reversal done to it.
* The Front tube fenders were custom built.
* The rear crusher corners were custom built and tube was also added as a flare.
* It has custom built rock sliders with the tube steps.
* The gas tank was removed, and a below deck fuel cell as installed behind the rear seat.
* The front and rear bumpers were custom built and ties to the frame.
* The front stinger was custom built and tied to the frame.
* It was a Warn X8000i winch with the synthetic rope..
* It has a custom built skid plate.
* It has a custom built traction bar.
* The front of the cage was added, and is made of chromolly, and it was tied to the frame.
* It has 39.5" Iroks
* It has MTR beadlocks.
* It was a Lokar Shifter hooked to the auto trannie.
* It has a Very Nice stereo. 6x9's in the rear, and 4x6's in the front.
* It has rock lights installed underneath the front and rear fenders.
* I just bought new Hellas that are hooked to the windshield.
* It also has 2 california tops for it.
* It has a bikini top and a safari top.
* It has the wrangler nets for the top and the sides.
This thing is street legal, and it runs around town with no problems.
It works very well on the trails and it crawls and works very nice.
Do not let the 4 cylinder miss lead you, it still has enough grunt to get up and go when you really need to bump it up something.
I can say that this thing has been taken very good care of. Its almost like its part of my family, and its going to be very hard to let this one go because my friend and myself are the ones who have done all the work to this jeep.
It has been maintained very well too.
It has been wheeled hard, and it has not let me down on the trail much at all over the 6 or 7 years that I have had her. Very dependable.
The Dana 44 has held up very well, and I can say that I have not broke a shaft yet.
I know that one day it will happen, but you have to know when to say when. My froends have been amazed at what this jeep has accomplished, and what it is capable of.
I have extra shafts, and extra hubs.
I am sure that I am leaving some things out.
The only thing that I do not like about this jeep is that the trannie has a leak around the shifter knob, and I have been to lazy to pull the trannie out and have it fixed.. Other than that.. Its rock solid.[8D]
It may not be possible, but I would like to be able to get 12 or 13 thousand for it. (( Like I said, I am just getting opinions ))
I still want to wheel this fall and winter. So I plan on keeping it until then.
Please let me know what you think and give me your honest opinions.
I think your price is actually kinda low. You have a good strong build there and done right. In this economy it would get you a prompt sale but you could get more in the area I am in.
I think it all depends on the area. Around here, modified Jeeps don't sell well because you have to travel to wheel. Stock Jeeps ask a premium though. With that said, I tried to sell mine when gas started hiking. I think it was 3.30 when I tried to dump mine. KBB, black book, and dealer asking prices were all 19+ for my Jeep. Best offer I could get was 13,000. Fact of the matter is, people are too scared to buy something with less than 25mpg right now.
Why you selling it's so nice.
I am looking at going with a 4 seater buggy.
I am still looking at this, its not set in stone by any means at all that I am going to sale it. I already have alot of parts for either updating this rig, or building another one.
Right now, I have a LT1.. I have already bought a Dana 70 rear axle and a Dana 60 front. Both already geared and ready to go.
I have already bought New Beadlocks and 42" TSL's and I already have the Chromolly tubing for my links and all.
So either way, I will be getting this rig bigger and stronger, or I will build me a 4 seater buggy..
Just looking at something that I do not have to worry about trying to keep the body straight on..
On this rig, I do not want to dent it all up, and there is alot of body on it.
On a buggy, its all tubing.. I can get down in the middle of it, and just have at it.
Thats why I am looking at selling it.
Stinger for your rig in Texas, NM, Utah, AZ, CA etc... I don't think that upwards towards 15k would be an unreasonable place to start. You and I and a lot of others know what's in it, but honestly the work we do on them means zip, zilch, nada on the open market. But someone could pick that up with cash they've set aside for a toy and have a very competent wheeler right out of the box.
I've thought about doing that as well, but just decided to keep taking sheet metal off the damn thing and making it more and more like a buggy anyway. :D
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.|
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.