Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Frist 12 miles done in snow (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/frist-12-miles-done-in-snow-198106.html)

DranCoin 11-07-2012 08:56 PM

Frist 12 miles done in snow

I'm still breaking in my 13 wrangler but it's the first time I had a car that was 4x4 and I'm shocked how well it drives in the snow I'm plowing pass people it's insane! I'm I love

jeepingchester 11-07-2012 09:00 PM

OOHHH SHIT! You said it was a "car".... your in trouble:popcorn:

CONGRATS on the new rig!:punk:

BadOleRoss 11-07-2012 09:00 PM

Watch out for the other guy! Glad you have found love!

BadOleRoss 11-07-2012 09:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I totally missed that! You know what that means don't you?

JKralph 11-07-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DranCoin
I'm still breaking in my 13 wrangler but it's the first time I had a vehicle that was 4x4 and I'm shocked how well it drives in the snow I'm plowing pass people it's insane! I'm I love

Fyp ;)

Congrats man, i'm still waiting on some significant snow over here, last winter was :9lame:

Lotrat 11-07-2012 09:32 PM

While you can plow though the snow with ease you can't stop any faster than the poor souls in cars. Don't be that guy with the new Jeep in the ditch on the side of the road. Have fun and drive smart.

bbermann 11-07-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DranCoin (Post 2970796)
I'm still breaking in my 13 wrangler but it's the first time I had a car that was 4x4 and I'm shocked how well it drives in the snow I'm plowing pass people it's insane! I'm I love

Yesss, it's pretty awesome, isn't it! One friendly suggestion as this is your first 4x4; be careful when coming to a stop, depending on the road surface, you might not slow down as quick as you start.

ENJOY!!!

bloodfart 11-07-2012 10:17 PM

the duellers surprised me too a couple weeks ago when they saw their first snowstorm and ice. the tires definitely have a lot to do with how well the car handles

Aftahour 11-07-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodfart
the duellers surprised me too a couple weeks ago when they saw their first snowstorm and ice. the tires definitely have a lot to do with how well the car handles

There's that "C" word again!

50 Something 11-07-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DranCoin (Post 2970796)

"Warning"! You shall have 12 dead Kittens in your driveway tomorrow! Or maybe they will come one at a time. One under your hood that gets it when you start your "Jeep" tomorrow morning, or maybe you will run over one backing out of your driveway, or worse yet trying to avoid hitting one while your morning drive and will wreck your brand new "Jeep", while killing a poor little Kitten!

Only the "Kitten" god knows for sure. Good luck, because you will need it!!!

50 Something

wassup8687 11-07-2012 11:40 PM

As others have mentioned you can't stop any quicker than any other vehicle. Be safe.

Deceptionz99 11-07-2012 11:45 PM

I can't wait for it to snow in Chicago! I have driven a camaro the last 2 winters. I'm gonna feel like a boss in the jeep! I mean if I learned how to drive in the snow in a sports car a jeep should be easy lol!

Lotrat 11-08-2012 12:20 AM

That's funny. I'm from Chicago and went from driving Camaros/Firebirds to a Jeep back in 1994. Been driving Jeeps ever since. My last winter there we had snow over the mailbox on the curb. Told my wife I wasn't gonna shovel it anymore. God put it there and He can take it away. Til then I'm driving over it in the Jeep. I moved to Cali after that winter.