Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Scan gauge question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/scan-gauge-question-198415.html)

motor12 11-09-2012 12:41 PM

Scan gauge question
 
With the Scan gauge plugged in and the vehicle not driven for a few days will the battery be run down to the point where it will not have enough juice to start the vehicle. I had a Dashawk a few years ago and you could not leave it plugged in for very long with out the vehicle running or it would run down the battery, thanks.

lolpetewtf 11-09-2012 12:44 PM

No. Not in my experience. How long do you plan on having it plugged in for?

motor12 11-09-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolpetewtf (Post 2976537)
No. Not in my experience. How long do you plan on having it plugged in for?

I want to plug it in and forget it, i do not want to unplug/plug every time i get in and out of the vehicle.

lolpetewtf 11-09-2012 12:54 PM

What scan gauge are you talking about? To diagnose codes? I am totally lost here.

motor12 11-09-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolpetewtf (Post 2976575)
What scan gauge are you talking about? To diagnose codes? I am totally lost here.

I believe it's called a scangauge, it is used to read temps,mpg,time to empty,ect.ect. i am going to use it to monitor the trans temp. it can also be used to diagnose codes.

bflank 11-09-2012 01:19 PM

My Scanguage II shuts itself off a few seconds after I kill the engine and does not come on even with the key in the On position. I have left mine in for about 4 years with no problem so far.

Mach2Plus 11-09-2012 01:46 PM

The "X" gauge codes for reading your transmission temps are on this forum. Works great.

j0nx 11-09-2012 01:51 PM

Oh I didn't know that mach. I'll look for them, thanks. I have been using my SG2 for about 2 years now with a previous vehicle and then in the Jeep without any issues.

krawdaddy 11-09-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bflank (Post 2976644)
My Scanguage II shuts itself off a few seconds after I kill the engine and does not come on even with the key in the On position. I have left mine in for about 4 years with no problem so far.

ditto. When some of my gauges quit working on the Mustang, I didn't want to spend $600 on a new set so I got a Scangauge II. It's been hooked up for several years and I have had no battery issues.

I plan on getting one for the JK and doing the mirror mount.

motor12 11-09-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach2Plus (Post 2976715)
The "X" gauge codes for reading your transmission temps are on this forum. Works great.

I have done a search and am unable to find the codes, can you help. thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.