Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Premium Soft top photos request.

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Rico1111 
#1 ·
Could someone please post some photos of interior and exterior of the new 2013 Premium soft top. Looking to see the difference between the two types of soft tops. I have tried going to the dealers in the area ( three of them all a 3 hours drive away) and none of them had a soft top model in stock let alone a premium soft top.

Thanks for the help

#3 ·
My dealer had vehicles with both soft top types on the lot. They both look basically the same. The standard soft top is made with a vinyl material while the premium top is made with canvas. The premium top appears a darker, richer black color compared to the standard top. I went with the standard top - its color is a better match to the stock fenders and it can be treated with Armor All. The premium top is supposedly treated with UV inhibitors and such, but being canvas I suspect it would fade and lose water repellency faster than the vinyl top (but this is just a guess).

#4 ·
I know there are plenty of premium soft tops out there but you might have picked a bad time of year to request pics. I, like many others, have taken off their soft tops and put on the hard tops for the winter. I love the look and feel of the premium soft top over the standard soft tops. Just feels/looks like a quality product.

#7 ·
I have to say... I am impressed with the quality of the premium soft top. It is real thick, heavy duty, but feels soft. In fact I like it SO MUCH I am thinking of abandoning my plans to buy a Trektop NX.. the OEM top is so nice.

#8 ·
I am with you my brother I just saw the new tops yesterday at the dealers and went gaga over them....Heavy weight ...fit is superb! Looks like something you can only find on an exotic sports car. I had been hearing that it is as quiet as a hardtop...now I know why. When you touch it ..I mean push it ..the thing does not move ...it is sturdy and it is also very black which in my opinion looks nicer. I also have plans to get rid of my 4 month old top for this one.....it is by far the best Top ever to grace the Wrangler brand......now I wish I had info about the easy assist ...would like to know if that is available also..going to call the parts dept and find out how much it's gonna set me back for the whole shebang! I would probably say it is gonna run anywhere from 1200 to 1600 hopefully the lesser. If you haven't seen it yet you should take a look ..and for those worried about repellency ...I use to use this stuff called Fabrasil that I purchased online and I think is only available from England...it is a liquid that you brush on once a year ...It protects from UV and this is why I bought it....water bird poo anything you throw at it...just rolls off! and it stays like that for a good 9 months ...possibly a year..they recommend re-coating once a year which is what I used to do ...The top never fades in fact it stayed Black..and never had any signs of weathering...I do not own a garage so that is why I would treat any of my vehicles that had cloth tops. I even treated my Rubis vinyl with it . Long winded I know but worth what ever they are charging for that top..major improvement!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.