Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Massachusetts Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f90/)
-   -   possible moving up your way... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f90/possible-moving-up-your-way-198975.html)

srad600 11-12-2012 10:20 AM

possible moving up your way...

Hello ladies and gents...my names Tom and I'm currently a south jersey jeeper. Im working on a job opportunity that could move me up to mass. I have a friend in newburyport and have been looking out his way at some houses.

While this deal isn't set in stone yet I'm looking into make sure my hobbies can still go strong up there. Jeeping being a big one. Is there a decent wheeling scene up there? Any off road parks? Any insight or advice?

I'm also into motorcycles. I ride sport bikes and do track days as well as some amauture racing. Any insight there would be great too.

Thanks guys, maybe ill see you soon.

kensjeep 11-12-2012 01:36 PM

Sorry the Ma. boarders are closed to out of staters. There are plenty of places to wheel but you need to be a member of a club. Couple of places to go if you not a club member but aren't much of a challenge.

srad600 11-12-2012 05:43 PM

So its mostly parks and private land type of stuff, instead of state parks and forests like Im used to? I can deal with that. Never been in a Jeep or off road club but Ive been in others.

Thanks for the input so far.

bmpage84 11-13-2012 08:16 AM

Yeah, unfortunately this area is full of tree-hugging, conservationist, liberals who despise even the most REsponsible "treadlightly" wheeling. (Christ they've even made a major issue over reactivating the old cargo rail lines for commuter service that have run thru the Hummocks swamp area for the last 100 years! Seems it might now disturb some "grasses" and "spotted salamanders")

The State Forest has some areas you can go without being bothered too much, but it's not very challenging. Guess it's best to join a club. They have access to private land where no one can b!tch !! (At least for the moment anyway - but this is Assachusetts so give it time!) :rolleyes:

bmpage84 11-13-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensjeep (Post 2987279)
Sorry the Ma. boarders are closed to out of staters. There are plenty of places to wheel but you need to be a member of a club. Couple of places to go if you not a club member but aren't much of a challenge.

That's Right! We only allow illegal aliens (Sorry, undocumented immigrants - where's my PC manners!) to come in and attach themselves to the State's big fat welfare teat! If you have a JEEP AND A JOB your not welcome here! :rofl:

kensjeep 11-13-2012 08:26 AM

The piece we did this weekend in the western part of ma. was sweet a long ride but worth it we didn't even get into real hard stuff and we had fun

bmpage84 11-13-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensjeep (Post 2990400)
The piece we did this weekend in the western part of ma. was sweet a long ride but worth it we didn't even get into real hard stuff and we had fun

Was that a club ride or just a pick up group of Jeepers?

kensjeep 11-13-2012 09:47 AM

It was a club ride.My first ride with this group hopefully not my last.Ten jeeps it was a good time

bmpage84 11-13-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensjeep (Post 2990658)
It was a club ride.My first ride with this group hopefully not my last.Ten jeeps it was a good time

Which club did you hook up with? Been bouncing the idea around for a couple of years, but can't decide which one to join.

robskully 11-13-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srad600 (Post 2986439)

I'm also into motorcycles. I ride sport bikes and do track days as well as some amauture racing. Any insight there would be great

Only places for that is maybe down in CT but definatly up at the Louden, NH racetrack.
Rob .....

kensjeep 11-13-2012 01:09 PM

It was with Patriotjeepers nice group. max. 35" tires so you don't have to worry about following a rig with 40" tires and getting stuck all day