Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   ADVANCED: Master cylinder replacement. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/advanced-master-cylinder-replacement-199625.html)

97flexy 11-15-2012 02:13 PM

ADVANCED: Master cylinder replacement.

I swapped in full size axles and now I'm swapping in a larger MC to help my large brakes stop. I choose a Ram MC, its installed in the TJ. I'm looking for any info on other things that need to be made to make this work? Has anyone done this? if so what size pushrod(inside the brake booster) did you use, I used a 1.75" over the stock 1.50" push rod. I know it needs to be longer but how long?
Thanks.

If you don't have experience in this swap DON'T reply.

DevilDogDoc 11-15-2012 04:20 PM

Wow

Dextreme 11-15-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97flexy (Post 2999291)
I swapped in full size axles and now I'm swapping in a larger MC to help my large brakes stop. I choose a Ram MC, its installed in the TJ. I'm looking for any info on other things that need to be made to make this work? Has anyone done this? if so what size pushrod(inside the brake booster) did you use, I used a 1.75" over the stock 1.50" push rod. I know it needs to be longer but how long?
Thanks.

If you don't have experience in this swap DON'T reply.

So this "Advanced" because you don't know the answer? LOL Personally I would ask this sort of question on Pirate as they have many more custom builders. This section is for how to Plasti dip a grill type Q&A. ha ha

DevilDogDoc 11-15-2012 04:43 PM

You weren't supposed to reply if you don't have experience with the swap!! Geesh can't you read?!? What's funny is I don't know the answer but I know who does but with that dick last sentence I will keep my mouth shut.

Dextreme 11-15-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDogDoc (Post 2999829)
You weren't supposed to reply if you don't have experience with the swap!! Geesh can't you read?!? What's funny is I don't know the answer but I know who does but with that dick last sentence I will keep my mouth shut.

I didn't Reply...I hit the "Quote" button. :thumb:

Barrie 11-15-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDogDoc (Post 2999829)

I know who could help him also, and he has done just what he is asking about. :flipoff:

DevilDogDoc 11-15-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dextreme (Post 2999834)
I didn't Reply...I hit the "Quote" button. :thumb:

I see what you did there....

97flexy 11-15-2012 05:39 PM

thanks yal! thats why jeep forums are sooo great full of dusch bags who don't want to help

97flexy 11-15-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dextreme (Post 2999801)
So this "Advanced" because you don't know the answer? LOL Personally I would ask this sort of question on Pirate as they have many more custom builders. This section is for how to Plasti dip a grill type Q&A. ha ha

I can't tell you how many threads I found where is starts off with this question to end with I just used the corvette or e350 or durango MC. even on pirate everyone seems to leave out what size the pushrod needs to be on a TJ swap.

Ibuildembig 11-15-2012 05:45 PM

I tried to use the MC on mine but it was waaay too tall. Does it clear the hood ok? When swap in big axles I delete all the stock stuff including the proportioning valve and run just straight lines. The rod in your booster adjustable? I mic'd my m/c and booster and got it close, then had to turn it out some more until it worked right.

What I would do is mic' your stock m/c and booster....then mic the hole in the new m/c and turn the rod out to match

Cons_Table 11-15-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97flexy (Post 2999980)
thanks yal! thats why jeep forums are sooo great full of dusch bags who don't want to help

You probably would have had a much different outcome if you DIDN'T come across the same way...

For future reference it is "douche"

97flexy 11-15-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibuildembig (Post 3000001)
I tried to use the MC on mine but it was waaay too tall. Does it clear the hood ok? When swap in big axles I delete all the stock stuff including the proportioning valve and run just straight lines. The rod in your booster adjustable? I mic'd my m/c and booster and got it close, then had to turn it out some more until it worked right.

What I would do is mic' your stock m/c and booster....then mic the hole in the new m/c and turn the rod out to match

My new Ram mc is very close to my hood but it clears.

97flexy 11-15-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 3000011)
You probably would have had a much different outcome if you DIDN'T come across the same way...

For future reference it is "douche"

thanks!! I'l take it to heart.
I just figured to get a response for some Douche bags I needed to type like a douche bag.

DevilDogDoc 11-15-2012 05:51 PM

And in the end your question remains and the douches continue on......... :rofl:

97flexy 11-15-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDogDoc (Post 3000024)
And in the end your question remains and the douches continue on......... :rofl:

To clear up I was referring to the douche bags who don't have any custom experience but know how to talk. the people who will tell you what they think will work with no first hand experience. cause yal know they are one every forum. if any of yal could help out that would be great otherwise I'l just have to go grab a handful of bolts and keep try'n til I get close.

Ibuildembig 11-15-2012 06:43 PM

Why not measure it like I did?