Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (
-   -   Best Hardtop (

dbray 07-17-2008 07:27 PM

Best Hardtop
I want to get a hardtop for my 04 unlimited but the prices have really put the skids on that. Is there a good place to look for a used top? E-bay I suppose but any other places? Or is it worth 2K+ for a new one - ugh! Can't spend that right now. Thanks for any suggestions.

Jerry Bransford 07-17-2008 07:46 PM

I'd hold out for a Mopar, used if you can find one. Some of the other hard tops out there are just junk and aren't worth installing. The only other brand I would trust is Bestop's one-piece hard top. While we all know for sure Bestop makes all of Jeep's soft tops, I think that's also true for the OE hard tops too. Another good place to look would be at which will show you your local area as well as pretty much anywhere else that you want to look in. Plus don't forget the various For Sale forums in all of the various Jeep forums. :)

mac3kuby 07-17-2008 08:33 PM

I just sold mine on here, but for a 97. Check on here and you will probably get lucky.

branty 07-18-2008 10:36 AM

I dont' know where you live, but I purchased miine off of Maybe you could find one there.

thetoughguy 09-03-2008 11:58 PM

Bestop does not make the Mopar tops. I spoke with the Bestop service manager over this last winter when I was having problems with the one piece top and hard uppers leaking. She said a lot of people think they make the factory tops, but they don't.

If I were to go back, I'd by the Mopar myself...