Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   New Jeep owner! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/new-jeep-owner-19982.html)

jbcbdb6 07-17-2008 10:29 PM

New Jeep owner!
 
I became a jeep owner two days ago, bought it pretty loaded, got a couple questions. What does an ARB compressor do? Should it be on all the time?. Front locking button? rear locking button? Can't wait to take this thing off road. thanks guys.

Triple88a 07-17-2008 10:34 PM

Welcome aboard man. usually the front locking button refers to the front differential being locked (on off).. same with the rear.. when locked, both tires spin at the same rate, no matter if one is in the air or not.. if its off (normal city driving), the tire that is in the air will spin while the other one will not so the power will transfer to the tire with the least traction (not good)

since you have a compressor i assume those use air pressure to turn on. No it should not be running all the time. Also keep the lockers turned OFF when on pavement.

debruins 07-17-2008 10:37 PM

the compressor is used to turn on and off the lockers if u didnt catch that

jbcbdb6 07-17-2008 11:18 PM

got it..... i will get some picks on here soon thanks again, this thing is awesome its an 05 6sp. unlimited anything else I need to know about it?

nvr-enough 07-17-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbcbdb6 (Post 246940)
got it..... i will get some picks on here soon thanks again, this thing is awesome its an 05 6sp. unlimited anything else I need to know about it?

yea, its too looooong:p j/k congrats on the purchase

02gtp4now 07-18-2008 09:53 AM

cool lets see some pics now

98TJSahara 07-18-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02gtp4now (Post 247036)
cool lets see some pics now

x2, sounds like a nice rig!!

bpowa 07-18-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbcbdb6 (Post 246914)
I became a jeep owner two days ago, bought it pretty loaded, got a couple questions. What does an ARB compressor do? Should it be on all the time?. Front locking button? rear locking button? Can't wait to take this thing off road. thanks guys.

yeah I would not mess with the arb and lockers.. you dont need it... i'll toss it out for you..:D



sounds like a great rig..

you must have pics if your gonna post about a new jeep.. its an unwritten rule!!!

cherokee980 07-18-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpowa (Post 247152)
yeah I would not mess with the arb and lockers.. you dont need it... i'll toss it out for you..:D



sounds like a great rig..

you must have pics if your gonna post about a new jeep.. its an unwritten rule!!!

You are a great guy to just toss those lockers out for him!!:rofl::rofl:



MUST HAVE PICS OFTHE RIG!!!

Mesah538 07-21-2008 11:16 AM

Where are the pics?

jbcbdb6 07-22-2008 11:52 PM

sorry guys still can't find my damn camera. I have a two year old who likes to hide stuff. As soon as i find it i will get them up here

spanky 07-23-2008 12:17 AM

whats that nick stand for??

jbcbdb6 07-25-2008 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found it -- but full of sand

bpowa 07-25-2008 07:23 PM

man that jeep is serious.. how much it run you if u dont mind?

jbcbdb6 07-25-2008 09:27 PM

fifteen sound like a decent price?

bpowa 07-25-2008 10:35 PM

I got mines with 36k and paid 17,300 otd last year.. a stock wrangler x. with hard top. depends where in the country u r though.. in ca wranglers hold their value.

spanky 07-26-2008 01:42 AM

i think thats the first unlimited ive seen with a soft top.
i like that color


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.