Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   On The Trail (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/)
-   -   Turkey Bay Black Friday 2012 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/turkey-bay-black-friday-2012-a-200198.html)

tj_guy99 11-18-2012 03:01 PM

Turkey Bay Black Friday 2012
 
Is there anyone headed to Turkey Bay this Black Friday. We have 2 Jeeps from Illinois talking about it with 2 more possible coming. We would love to hook up with someone who knows the trails and keep us out of trouble.

Ageless Stranger 11-18-2012 08:20 PM

I'll be there, Rod. I don't know my way around very well though... :rolleyes:

terminator012 11-18-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 3009838)
I don't know my way around very well though... :rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl:

I can lend you a map.

Barrie 11-18-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 3009838)
I'll be there, Rod. I don't know my way around very well though... :rolleyes:


I have a map in my console you can use Josh. :D




Quote:

Originally Posted by terminator012 (Post 3009876)
:rofl::rofl:

I can lend you a map.

:thumb:

Ageless Stranger 11-18-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminator012 (Post 3009876)
:rofl::rofl:

I can lend you a map.

I appreciate that Tracy. I loaned my map out recently, and I haven't seen it since. http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/images/smilies/shrug.gif

Barrie 11-18-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 3009891)
I appreciate that Tracy. I loaned my map out recently, and I haven't seen it since. http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/images/smilies/shrug.gif

Wasn't me!!! :hide:

terminator012 11-18-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 3009891)
I appreciate that Tracy. I loaned my map out recently, and I haven't seen it since. http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/images/smilies/shrug.gif

Does he own a CJ.

Ageless Stranger 11-19-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminator012 (Post 3009941)
Does he own a CJ.

Possibly.

12mile 11-19-2012 12:08 PM

Where is turkey bay?

Divingjeeper 11-19-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12mile (Post 3011632)
Where is turkey bay?

Land Between the lakes recreational area in kentucky. Maps are at the registration shack. Hard to get lost there anyway....wifie tells me to get lost and I seem to find my way back.

tj_guy99 11-19-2012 02:16 PM

Josh I hope you can find that map befor Friday! It looks like there will be 2 Illinois Jeeps for certain with the possibility of a Grand Cherokee joining us. Our plan is to get there just about the time that they open the gates. If I remember correctly, they open at 9? I hope the weather is nice and look forward to seeing you Ky Jeepers again.

Ageless Stranger 11-19-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj_guy99 (Post 3011992)
Josh I hope you can find that map befor Friday! It looks like there will be 2 Illinois Jeeps for certain with the possibility of a Grand Cherokee joining us. Our plan is to get there just about the time that they open the gates. If I remember correctly, they open at 9? I hope the weather is nice and look forward to seeing you Ky Jeepers again.

We try to hit the trails around 9am. I think I can probably get by without a map... :rolleyes:
How are the Jeeps coming equipped?

tj_guy99 11-19-2012 03:14 PM

I thought you might be able to get by with no map:thumb: Maroon Unlimited JK with 35s that came last year, 99TJ with 33s. No locks, both have winches. If I get time to fix mine, no winch but locked in the rear. If he Grand comes along, I think he is stock with 32" tires. If you all are wanting to go more hard core, we can say hello and go to the kid trails. We are just wanting to get out for some wheeling. :punk:

Ageless Stranger 11-19-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj_guy99 (Post 3012162)
I thought you might be able to get by with no map:thumb: Maroon Unlimited JK with 35s that came last year, 99TJ with 33s. No locks, both have winches. If I get time to fix mine, no winch but locked in the rear. If he Grand comes along, I think he is stock with 32" tires. If you all are wanting to go more hard core, we can say hello and go to the kid trails. We are just wanting to get out for some wheeling. :punk:

I think we can get you guys through our normal run with maybe only a little trouble. Only one I might have a little concern about is the Grand. Anyway, we'll make it just fine. Plenty of winches and snatch straps to go around. :thumb:

blkrubi88 11-19-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj_guy99 (Post 3012162)
I thought you might be able to get by with no map:thumb: Maroon Unlimited JK with 35s that came last year, 99TJ with 33s. No locks, both have winches. If I get time to fix mine, no winch but locked in the rear. If he Grand comes along, I think he is stock with 32" tires. If you all are wanting to go more hard core, we can say hello and go to the kid trails. We are just wanting to get out for some wheeling. :punk:

No worries, Josh is a good trail guide, he only got us lost and off the beaten path once.:cool:

terminator012 11-19-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkrubi88

No worries, Josh is a good trail guide, he only got us lost and off the beaten path once.:cool:

Yep.I think that is the first time I ever got any trail Mesh there. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...olleyes010.gif

Ageless Stranger 11-19-2012 08:57 PM

I knew I shoulda made a left there...

blkrubi88 11-19-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminator012 (Post 3013184)
Yep.I think that is the first time I ever got any trail Mesh there. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...olleyes010.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 3013254)
I knew I shoulda made a left there...

Nothing our pocket knives couldn't handle to free up the drive shafts.:whistling:

Drakea94 11-19-2012 10:05 PM

I still has scratches from my first time their with josh :D

Dempsey 11-20-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 3009891)
I appreciate that Tracy. I loaned my map out recently, and I haven't seen it since. http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/images/smilies/shrug.gif

:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminator012 (Post 3009941)
Does he own a CJ.

:hide:


I'll be tagging along as well.

terminator012 11-20-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dempsey





I'll be tagging along as well.

Me too.

tj_guy99 11-21-2012 10:23 AM

We look forward to seeing everyone Friday. I hope the weather is beautiful and there are no problems on the trails. Happy Thanksgiving!

terminator012 11-21-2012 05:05 PM

Just like the last time we went. Near 70 today and tommorrow. Friday's highs in the lower 50's with a slight chance of rain.

Ageless Stranger 11-21-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminator012 (Post 3019385)
Just like the last time we went. Near 70 today and tommorrow. Friday's highs in the lower 50's with a slight chance of rain.

Haha. Well, it is November. :whistling:

terminator012 11-22-2012 03:25 PM

Jeep loaded. I should get there around 8:30. Look forward to seeing everyone.

FreefallRocks 11-22-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj_guy99 (Post 3008912)
Is there anyone headed to Turkey Bay this Black Friday. We have 2 Jeeps from Illinois talking about it with 2 more possible coming. We would love to hook up with someone who knows the trails and keep us out of trouble.

Damn! Haha, out of town for a bit otherwise I'd love to get my Jeep out there for the first time...usually riding a KTM 250SX-F on those trails...matter of fact last time I was out there ended up breaking off both the clutch AND front brake lever but that's another story...

nick50471 11-22-2012 09:42 PM

Wish this was Saturday run I could have made that work. Bummer.


Have a good time. Josh check out the tree on RRII

terminator012 11-23-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick50471
Wish this was Saturday run I could have made that work. Bummer.

Have a good time. Josh check out the tree on RRII

We had a good ride Nick. Tree was gone. wish you could have made it.

nick50471 11-23-2012 09:43 PM

Bummer that tree made it interesting. Was it warm today?

terminator012 11-23-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick50471 (Post 3026244)
Bummer that tree made it interesting. Was it warm today?

Crap naw. Low 50's and that wind coming off the lake made it even worse.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.