Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   New Jersey Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f93/)
-   -   Front License Plate & Winch? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f93/front-license-plate-and-winch-200201.html)

JukkaBeeze 11-18-2012 03:22 PM

Front License Plate & Winch?
 
Been looking at front bumper & winch options but wanted to get an idea where folks from Jersey are relocation their front license plate. Links to products or pics are appreciated.

Lbear 11-18-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JukkaBeeze (Post 3008956)
Been looking at front bumper & winch options but wanted to get an idea where folks from Jersey are relocation their front license plate. Links to products or pics are appreciated.

I'm in Oregon where we have to have a front plate too. Will you have a fairlead or hawse for your winch? There are options for both that have clips that attach to the rollers or fit inside the hawse. Rugged Ridge makes these and I ordered the one for a hawse mount that I have. I will attach a 3/16 wire rope to it secured to the bumper so it doesn't get misplaced or stolen. Google "hawse license plate mount" or "roller license plate mount" and you will find lots of options.

JukkaBeeze 11-19-2012 06:37 AM

THanks for the help Lbear. That's what i was looking for.

Rick8240 11-19-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JukkaBeeze
Been looking at front bumper & winch options but wanted to get an idea where folks from Jersey are relocation their front license plate. Links to products or pics are appreciated.

I have mine, located under my front seat, if and when I get pulled over, my line is " Sorry officer I just had my bumper installed, and I haven't had a chance to install my plate back on"

Nottusyeroc 11-20-2012 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On my bumper.

Attachment 180289

Lbear 11-20-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick8240 (Post 3013029)
I have mine, located under my front seat, if and when I get pulled over, my line is " Sorry officer I just had my bumper installed, and I haven't had a chance to install my plate back on"

So who wants the hassle of being pulled over:doh:?
As far as on the bumper I looked at that but the only place was below the hawse and it would get creamed when I went Jeeping (plate's too big). That's why I like the hawse mount with a safety strap so it doesn't get lost or stolen or smashed..

combolc 11-21-2012 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have winch mounted on stock bumper and it hidden behind license plate.

I will be ordering a YJ hinged license plate bracket for the plate to fold down.


Attachment 180481

Nottusyeroc 11-22-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lbear

So who wants the hassle of being pulled over:doh:?
As far as on the bumper I looked at that but the only place was below the hawse and it would get creamed when I went Jeeping (plate's too big). That's why I like the hawse mount with a safety strap so it doesn't get lost or stolen or smashed..

Yea my licence plate is mangled from being on the front bumper. It's even better when you reverse threw mud or somthing and it gets folded up

Lbear 11-22-2012 06:19 PM

Warrior Products makes one that mounts behind the hawse and then attaches a plate mount with knobs on the front. What I don't like is that the knobs can be unscrewed by anyone in a flash and there goes your license plate. Plus, it mounts the license plate from the hawse downward, thus exposing it to more possibility of damage. If those two limitations don't affect you, Quadratec and others carry it for about $40.

Cormizer 12-03-2012 10:05 PM

What ever you do don't get the RR fairing head plate mount .. The one that snaps on I lost my plate fording and lost it during the hurricane ... I went with good old black zip ties n when I need the winch I flip the plate over n it sits on the bumper face down

overthehillsahara 12-07-2012 09:37 PM

Sorry no pics, but before I removed my front bumper. I used a 1/16" steel plate cut to the size of the lic. plate and cabinet hinges. It would fold down and stay there, then I could flip it back up. I hope you can get the idea.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.