Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Breaking into my Wrangler (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/breaking-into-my-wrangler-200502.html)

bmbillups 11-19-2012 07:02 PM

Breaking into my Wrangler

I am a highschool student at a 2000 student campus and being a junior i have to park in the farthest out lot. It has surprised me what this world has come to but sometime during school someone is getting into my jeep and SMOKING! Now i have no problem with smokers but to me (a non smoker) it is ruining the interior of my jeep! The smell is AWFUL and they are leaving ashes everywhere. And they still get in because i have half doors and all they have to do is unzip and unlock. Ive notified the on campus cop but of course he does nothing.... what can i do to fight this????

Edit: they are smoking in my jeep so they can hide from all eyes around the parking lot.

jrussblues 11-19-2012 07:08 PM

Put the top down

jrussblues 11-19-2012 07:09 PM

You can also put small luggage locks on both zippers.

bmbillups 11-19-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussblues (Post 3012844)
Put the top down

Yeah lol i thought about that but its rainy and cold here right now. I could do the locks on the front windows but the back windows can just as easily be unzipped

staud11 11-19-2012 07:13 PM

Do they at least out the windows back up !!

jrussblues 11-19-2012 07:14 PM

Then they have to climb through, you could also put a little gear oil on the accessible zippers. If nothing else at least it'll make them smell like b.o. for the rest of the day.

staud11 11-19-2012 07:14 PM

*put

bandman 11-19-2012 07:16 PM

This is wrong on so many levels. They have cameras in the lot, trust me, in a school that big they have cameras. Tell an assistant principal that knows you. If you don't have a good relationship with at least one of them, that needs to be a priority of yours.

ed98208 11-19-2012 07:18 PM

Can you install a car alarm that goes off when they reach in to unlock it without a key? Or maybe a threatening note...something like "To the person(s) breaking in and smoking: Police have been notified and this vehicle is now subject to random checks during the day. Anyone seen inside it will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law".

That really sucks, man. People are so rude.

jrussblues 11-19-2012 07:19 PM

Put in a smoke detector.

bmbillups 11-19-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandman (Post 3012885)
This is wrong on so many levels. They have cameras in the lot, trust me, in a school that big they have cameras. Tell an assistant principal that knows you. If you don't have a good relationship with at least one of them, that needs to be a priority of yours.

Tell me about it.....they have about 20 cameras through the school. UNBELIEVABLY, none in my parking lot. I have talked to the administrators and they are thinking about moving me to a different lot maybe. I figure its happening during lunch and my drafting teacher may let me go stake out in the softball complex so i can spy lol

bmbillups 11-19-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussblues (Post 3012895)
Put in a smoke detector.

HAHAHA THATS THE BEST ONE YET! Not a bad idea!

bmbillups 11-19-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staud11 (Post 3012873)
Do they at least out the windows back up !!

Only about half of the time. I can tell every day they they get in it. Its crazy....

bmbillups 11-19-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussblues (Post 3012875)
Then they have to climb through, you could also put a little gear oil on the accessible zippers. If nothing else at least it'll make them smell like b.o. for the rest of the day.

Thatll get the little jerks! :thumb:

ed98208 11-19-2012 07:23 PM

Perhaps the "Carzapper 9000"... lol

bmbillups 11-19-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed98208 (Post 3012914)

Wow! That has got to be the sweetest mod to any car i have ever seen lol :rofl:

CMA_Rider 11-19-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed98208 (Post 3012914)

:thumb: I'd definately do that

wmwhitey 11-19-2012 07:30 PM

I am a mean person at times like this. I say get a spair battery put it in the back and run an eletric cord from the battery to the zipper putting them just close enough that the slight touch togeather will give them a good zap. Once that hand goes inside your jeep and the connection is made hahahahahaha I wish I was there to see it happen.

wmwhitey 11-19-2012 07:31 PM

HAHA I didnt see the carzapper till after I posted.

bmbillups 11-19-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmwhitey (Post 3012941)
I am a mean person at times like this. I say get a spair battery put it in the back and run an eletric cord from the battery to the zipper putting them just close enough that the slight touch togeather will give them a good zap. Once that hand goes inside your jeep and the connection is made hahahahahaha I wish I was there to see it happen.

Im thinking about actually hiding my GoPro camera in the car if they dont change my parking lot. I could get their face and show it to the office and then make them detail my car! lol :rofl:

beetle 11-19-2012 07:43 PM

sneak out there earlier then them and hide & wait

hosejockey61 11-19-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussblues (Post 3012895)
Put in a smoke detector.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

CharTay 11-19-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed98208

That is what I need seriously. I hate when people touch my jeep pisses me off

bmbillups 11-19-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetle (Post 3012990)
sneak out there earlier then them and hide & wait

Yeah ive got an awesome teacher that said hed let me go out there and stake out for an hour and a half during his class lol

bmbillups 11-19-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed98208 (Post 3012893)
Can you install a car alarm that goes off when they reach in to unlock it without a key? Or maybe a threatening note...something like "To the person(s) breaking in and smoking: Police have been notified and this vehicle is now subject to random checks during the day. Anyone seen inside it will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law".

That really sucks, man. People are so rude.

I also thought about leaving a note but then i got scared that theyd start burning holes into my seats....

Jerry Bransford 11-19-2012 07:53 PM

Locking your doors, zippers, etc. is just going to encourage one of the smokers to cut your top or window out of spite.

You have complained to the security guard who could care less about doing as asked by a student. Your only recourse is to ask to speak with the Vice Principal (or Principal) and let him know the security guard is ignoring a problem he has been made aware of.

bmbillups 11-19-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 3013030)
Locking your doors, zippers, etc. is just going to encourage one of the smokers to cut your top or window out of spite.

You have complained to the security guard who could care less about doing as asked by a student. Your only recourse is to ask to speak with the Vice Principal (or Principal) and let him know the security guard is ignoring a problem he has been made aware of.

Yes this has all crossed my mine. I talked to the administrator today and i have a meeting with the head principal tomorrow! Id love to move my jeep away from the jerks in that lot but id love to still catch the idiots and have them pay to detail my jeep and get rid of the smell.

LilYeller 11-19-2012 08:04 PM

that car zapper looks sweet, might have to get me one of those for the dummies that dont care if my proximity alarm goes off.

Virus692 11-19-2012 08:11 PM

As A Security Guy my self the best thing I can tell you is PUT YOUR COMPLAINT IN WRITING... yes that needed caps... also if you are not 18 yet let your parents know. have them put a written complaint "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" if after 2 or 3 written complaints you should see action. If you do not let Police know. The school is responsible for things you Write a complaint about. just talking about problems has them put on the back burner... also see if you can zip the windows to the inside of the jeep and LOCK the zippers. if they cut the top that is a crime that can be reported to the police. and your insurance company will also investigate who is braking into your jeep.

beetle 11-19-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus692
As A Security Guy my self the best thing I can tell you is PUT YOUR COMPLAINT IN WRITING... yes that needed caps... also if you are not 18 yet let your parents know. have them put a written complaint "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" if after 2 or 3 written complaints you should see action. If you do not let Police know. The school is responsible for things you Write a complaint about. just talking about problems has them put on the back burner... also see if you can zip the windows to the inside of the jeep and LOCK the zippers. if they cut the top that is a crime that can be reported to the police. and your insurance company will also investigate who is braking into your jeep.

The getting things in writing part is very good advice. But I dunno about the locks on the zippers, I'd rather have them not damage my stuff and have to deal with police/insurance that's a PIA