Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   *Modified* Commando Green thread (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/modified-commando-green-thread-200744.html)

RattleDogUSA 11-21-2012 01:55 AM

*Modified* Commando Green thread

1 Attachment(s)
This is NOT the place to show off your stock rig... The ones that look the same as the others rolling off the assembly line.

This thread is all about what those Commando Greens are turning into!!!

Feel free to list mods as well :)

WatchThis! 11-21-2012 02:02 AM

Haha green with black wheels and bumpers. It doesn't look like all the stock ones that's for sure...... Just like 98% of the moded green ones.

WatchThis! 11-21-2012 02:14 AM

What a D.B. I know. Just couldn't resist it after reading the op.

goodstrongbeer 11-21-2012 02:18 AM

Haha.

GoldenSahara00 11-21-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchThis! (Post 3017238)

:rofl: man you just have a way with words! :hide:

Farnham21 11-21-2012 02:55 AM

Ik and let me guess duratracs?? Big surprise real original ya trend setter you.

jeepedjeep 11-21-2012 05:07 AM

Here's mine!

4" lift
Stock rims (for now)
BFG KM2 35"

Reflective black decals in a few days
Bumpers made by me soon hoping after January along with a lot of other things

Cosmic Charlie 11-21-2012 07:23 AM

Wow, tough crowd.

kramer2k 11-21-2012 08:09 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Kirwz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XRKs5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kHn5n.jpg

It's time to get out and take some more pictures. I took it camping last weekend for the first time and it worked out great. Lots of room in this thing.

I8up 11-21-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie (Post 3017554)
Wow, tough crowd.

I was thinking something more like Jack asses.

RattleDogUSA 11-21-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchThis!
Haha green with black wheels and bumpers. It doesn't look like all the stock ones that's for sure...... Just like 98% of the moded green ones.

WTF is this? Did my post on a Jeep enthusiast forum not live up to your standards? Did I waste seconds of your precious life by forcing you to read something that others, including myself, might enjoy?

BTW, please send me pictures of other 98% modded Commando Greens... with a Rampage front bumper, Rock Crawler 3.5, 35's and flat black Procomp 7069's because I have been searching all over to see that combo (please include all my custom decals as I really think that would change the look)! Couldn't find any so I decided to spend a good chunk of money and make it happen, and I'm quite proud of the result:)

My point is this.... This is a very hard combo to find right now. If I asked for ANY factory combination I would get tons of pictures of same same same. If I asked for modded pictures, people just might see something new that they have been waiting to see.... Like the above poster with silver Black Rock Vipers... I haven't seen those on a CG yet, and I like them!

Jackster3 11-21-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RattleDogUSA

WTF is this? Did my post on a Jeep enthusiast forum not live up to your standards? Did I waste seconds of your precious life by forcing you to read something that others, including myself, might enjoy?

BTW, please send me pictures of other 98% modded Commando Greens... with a Rampage front bumper, Rock Crawler 3.5, 35's and flat black Procomp 7069's because I have been searching all over to see that combo (please include all my custom decals as I really think that would change the look)! Couldn't find any so I decided to spend a good chunk of money and make it happen, and I'm quite proud of the result:)

My point is this.... This is a very hard combo to find right now. If I asked for ANY factory combination I would get tons of pictures of same same same. If I asked for modded pictures, people just might see something new that they have been waiting to see.... Like the above poster with silver Black Rock Vipers... I haven't seen those on a CG yet, and I like them!

Nice ride! I love the pro comp 7069s. I just wish they had a decent backspacing like 4.5. Awesome looking rig! How do you like that bumper? I think im getting that one.

Sueby 11-21-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RattleDogUSA (Post 3017208)
This is NOT the place to show off your stock rig... The ones that look the same as the others rolling off the assembly line.

This thread is all about what those Commando Greens are turning into!!!

Feel free to list mods as well :)

I really like your front bumper. Got any more pics? I chopped mine for now, but eventually I'm going to replace it & I like that one. I'm debating between a full width and a stubby. People tend to hit me a lot so I like the idea of a full width. LOL. Do you know how much it weighs?

kramer2k 11-21-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby

I really like your front bumper. Got any more pics? I chopped mine for now, but eventually I'm going to replace it & I like that one. I'm debating between a full width and a stubby. People tend to hit me a lot so I like the idea of a full width. LOL.

He has the Rampage front bumper. *If* I went with a full width bumper, it's one of my favorites. Kbwwolf has the same bumper I believe. Where's he been BTW?

Sueby 11-21-2012 10:06 AM

He's off working - he mentioned it somewhere earlier in the week, or last week. The only thing I don't like about that bumper is that it doesn't have a sunken winch. But I'm not sure how much I'd really care about that. So many decisions...damn! What are you looking at for bumpers - or are you not there yet?

Sueby 11-21-2012 10:07 AM

I also wonder how the full width would look with chopped fenders. Probably funny, huh?

kramer2k 11-21-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

What are you looking at for bumpers - or are you not there yet?

I think I've finally settled on the Poison Spyder Brawler Lite with Brawler Bar. I love a stubby bumper and it has nice smooth lines and isn't super heavy. I'm down to that one and the LoD Lite stubby bumper.

kramer2k 11-21-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

I also wonder how the full width would look with chopped fenders. Probably funny, huh?

Yeah, see that's the other dilemma. I have Bushwacker flatties now so a full width would look kind of funny with them I think.

kjeeper10 11-21-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Yes

I was gonna post this ... Knowing you plan on chopping. A full width would look awful IMO

Sueby 11-21-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer2k (Post 3018032)
I think I've finally settled on the Poison Spyder Brawler Lite with Brawler Bar. I love a stubby bumper and it has nice smooth lines and isn't super heavy. I'm down to that one and the LoD Lite stubby bumper.

I was looking at the poison spyder yesterday - I really like that for a stubby. I hate that it's unfinished though. What would you do - get it powder coated or paint it?

Sueby 11-21-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 3018039)
Yes

I was gonna post this ... Knowing you plan on chopping. A full width would look awful IMO

Prolly so true!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer2k (Post 3018036)
Yeah, see that's the other dilemma. I have Bushwacker flatties now so a full width would look kind of funny with them I think.

Try it and let me know. LMAO!

Sgt93 11-21-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchThis! (Post 3017238)

:rofl::rofl:

MTH 11-21-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RattleDogUSA (Post 3017779)

Calm down--he's just busting your stones. Look at his next post.

WatchThis is known for having a CRAZY modded rig that he wheels HARD, but the cosmetic aspects of many of his purpose-oriented mods are done specifically to look different than other JKUs. Consider that he's painted the aftermarket armor and fenders on his Flame Red jeep a bright BLUE color rather than the typical black--it's almost got a Superman thing going on.

Folks bust on him all the time for the . . . uhh . . . "unique" look of his rig, and he takes it in stride. The black wheel/black accessory thing is very, very popular with modded JKs and JKUs (see mine as an example), so he's just pointing that out and busting your chops about it.

Nothing personal.

LudlowJKUR 11-21-2012 12:17 PM

Nice pics guys...gives me an idea of what to look forward to. Mine is still stock at the moment so I won't waste time posting pics however I did get my 3.5in game changer lift by metalcloak yesterday so now i just gotta get in on

kramer2k 11-21-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby (Post 3018040)
I was looking at the poison spyder yesterday - I really like that for a stubby. I hate that it's unfinished though. What would you do - get it powder coated or paint it?

I'm thinking paint. Hang it in the garage and lay out some plastic. I'd take a couple days to lay down 4-5 good coats and let it dry real good. My thinking is that you can touch up any paint dings relatively easy.

Sueby 11-21-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer2k
I'm thinking paint. Hang it in the garage and lay out some plastic. I'd take a couple days to lay down 4-5 good coats and let it dry real good. My thinking is that you can touch up any paint dings relatively easy.

That just gave me bad flashbacks of painting my skids. I swore NEVER again! But I bet after them the bumper would seem like cake.

Attachment 180550

GoldenSahara00 11-21-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby (Post 3018040)

Paint it. I would say use something like a nice spray bedliner, but if you use something rattle can it is easy to touch up :thumb: something with some texture is easier to touch up though because the gouges look more natural :rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 3018039)
Yes

x2

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer2k (Post 3018032)

Good choice :thumb:

OP, I think your jeep looks nice, don't worry about what other posts say. There is a lot of talk on this forum.

RattleDogUSA 11-21-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH

Calm down--he's just busting your stones. Look at his next post.

WatchThis is known for having a CRAZY modded rig that he wheels HARD, but the cosmetic aspects of many of his purpose-oriented mods are done specifically to look different than other JKUs. Consider that he's painted the aftermarket armor and fenders on his Flame Red jeep a bright BLUE color rather than the typical black--it's almost got a Superman thing going on.

Folks bust on him all the time for the . . . uhh . . . "unique" look of his rig, and he takes it in stride. The black wheel/black accessory thing is very, very popular with modded JKs and JKUs (see mine as an example), so he's just pointing that out and busting your chops about it.

Nothing personal.

Well, when explained like THAT it's actually pretty funny comment then :)

kramer2k 11-21-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby (Post 3018988)
That just gave me bad flashbacks of painting my skids. I swore NEVER again! But I bet after them the bumper would seem like cake.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...lies/laugh.gif

scottmphoto 11-21-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby (Post 3017979)
I really like your front bumper. Got any more pics? I chopped mine for now, but eventually I'm going to replace it & I like that one. I'm debating between a full width and a stubby. People tend to hit me a lot so I like the idea of a full width. LOL. Do you know how much it weighs?

I have the Rockhard Full width and love it! Bear in mind you will need a vacuum relo kit for 2012+.

Scott