Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Virginia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/)
-   -   Black Friday Pungo Mud Run! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/black-friday-pungo-mud-run-200850.html)

necromancer_tat 11-21-2012 04:22 PM

Black Friday Pungo Mud Run!
 
I'm planning a Pungo Mud Run for Black Friday, it's invite only, and all of you are invited!

Meet me at the Red Barn gas station Friday November 23rd at Noon if you want to go wheeling locally for free....

2001 Indian River Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
It's a Red Barn gas station, and a Subway... I'll be swinging buy around Noon to grab a sandwich, and then I'm headed out to private property to wheel if anyone would like to join me?

cbellev 11-21-2012 05:15 PM

my 09 is stock, is that an issue?

necromancer_tat 11-21-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbellev (Post 3019411)
my 09 is stock, is that an issue?

It won't make it through any of the pits, but there are still some fun trails. Do you have recovery points in case you get stuck? I'd say that 31 inch mud tires are as small as I have seen anyone play around and still have a good time without getting stuck to much..

I get stuck on 35" mud tires and lockers front and rear, but I also purposly drop into every pit out there, and I have a winch to recover myself if I need to...

cbellev 11-21-2012 06:10 PM

I think I may join you guy's and just tread as lightly as possible, thanks for the invite

cbellev 11-21-2012 06:11 PM

I do have recovery points and waders

necromancer_tat 11-21-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbellev (Post 3019582)
I think I may join you guy's and just tread as lightly as possible, thanks for the invite

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbellev (Post 3019589)
I do have recovery points and waders

You're more than welcome! :thumb: There are bypass trails for all of the pits, and the scenery is pretty nice as well. There are also two docks to fish off of if you like fishing? There's a pit for making a fire, and a grill for cooking on. And there's an outhouse in case you need somewhere to take a squat, just bring your own TP. :flowers:

cd712 11-22-2012 06:13 AM

count me in for a trip.

cbellev 11-22-2012 10:45 AM

i am looking forward to it

necromancer_tat 11-22-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd712 (Post 3021011)
count me in for a trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbellev (Post 3021614)
i am looking forward to it

Cool Deal! I look forward to seeing you both there! :thumb:

Here's a link to the last pungo trip we took:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/pun...am-164316.html

cigarsnbeer 11-22-2012 12:35 PM

wish it was closer! this is just over 4 hours from where I am.

necromancer_tat 11-22-2012 09:55 PM

Hey guys, I'm going to cancel this trip due to lack of participation. I posted invites here, and on several other web sights and meet up groups, and there wasn't much interest.

I posted on short notice,but that was just because the weather looked like it was going to be nice.

Bcon2010 11-23-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necromancer_tat (Post 3023316)
Hey guys, I'm going to cancel this trip due to lack of participation. I posted invites here, and on several other web sights and meet up groups, and there wasn't much interest.

I posted on short notice,but that was just because the weather looked like it was going to be nice.

Anytime you are down to do this again, i am game!

RosePetal914 01-10-2013 04:43 PM

New JEEP owner looking for local place to "learn" and have a good time
 
[FONT="Century Gothic"]My name is Rose and I recently purchased a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with Sahara PKG. I've never been off-road before - are there trails - public or private - that would be a good place for me to go and learn the "ropes?" I live in Norfolk, VA - would be willing to travel - but probably not more than an hour my first trip out in case I need help getting out of trouble, if you know what I mean!

necromancer_tat 01-10-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosePetal914 (Post 3210839)
[FONT="Century Gothic"]My name is Rose and I recently purchased a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with Sahara PKG. I've never been off-road before - are there trails - public or private - that would be a good place for me to go and learn the "ropes?" I live in Norfolk, VA - would be willing to travel - but probably not more than an hour my first trip out in case I need help getting out of trouble, if you know what I mean!

Welcome Rose! I wheel with KMA off road Jeep Klub, we do all kinds of local runs and events. Check us out here: KMA Off Road Forums - Powered by vBulletin? Feel free to join up and please be sure to let them know that Necro sent you! :punk:

M109Pilot 01-10-2013 06:58 PM

Im down,if this happens again. I just picked up an 06 Rubi LJ and would love to see how she rides :)

Jason

necromancer_tat 01-10-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M109Pilot (Post 3211399)
Im down,if this happens again. I just picked up an 06 Rubi LJ and would love to see how she rides :)

Jason

Check us out at KMA Offroad Jeep Klub, we do all sorts of trail rides, usually at least 1 or 2 rides each month! :dance: KMA Off Road Forums - Powered by vBulletin?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.