Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   That's IT! I have to lose some weight! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/thats-it-i-have-to-lose-some-weight-20088.html)

jeeptales 07-22-2008 02:39 PM

That's IT! I have to lose some weight!

:banghead:I have been much heavier than this before, but I'm so EF'in tired of it!:banghead:

Today when I stepped on scale I tipped in at 250 Pounds!

Here is the time line I'm shooting for:

The Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree is September 12th - 14th

I would love to be down to 220 by then!!!

By New Years I want to be back to my favorite weight 195-199 lbs.

I say this is my favorite weight because this is where I seem to feel and preform the best. I can knock a golf about 290 yards constantly in the sub 200# area.

I'm only 5'7" and I'm sure experts say I should be closer to 145 but I'm 45 years old and that will never happen again; I have not weighed that since I was at UTEP.

Will you guys help me stay on track?

After all: I talk to you guys more than
I talk to my own wife...

I'm going to get back in the gym 3xs a week and try to hit
3 miles everyday on the treadmill in my living room.

I'll cut way back on the Beer and learn to push myself
away from the dinner table much much sooner.

HELP ME GUYS PLEASE!!!

jeeps&comics 07-22-2008 02:51 PM

i'll help! I LOVE hittin the weights! i'll post on this thread often and make sure you're on track, and if not, guilt trip until you do! haha, what days are you going to try and work out, like a monday/wednesday/friday thing? let me know what i can do to help man

- Carlos

richp 07-22-2008 03:28 PM

Change your user name to fireplug LOL, I'm 6'5" and weigh 3 lbs less and would like to drop another 20 or 30....

jeeptales 07-22-2008 03:31 PM

At the Gym

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustGotAJeep! (Post 248399)
i'll help! I LOVE hittin the weights! i'll post on this thread often and make sure you're on track, and if not, guilt trip until you do! haha, what days are you going to try and work out, like a monday/wednesday/friday thing? let me know what i can do to help man

- Carlos

I think my gym days will be Tue, Thur, Sunday... With Sunday being my BIG Day

jeeptales 07-22-2008 05:17 PM

Here we go!

Today is 7/22/2008

I was at 250 Lbs

My goal is 185 by New Years I thought I'd bump my goal by 15lb.

If a 45 Year old FAT boy can do it...Anyone can!!!

FIRST GOAL

To be at 220 lbs By the Time I go to the Texas Spur JJUSA in 52 Days

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar011...0/185/250/.png

KicknJeep 07-22-2008 06:15 PM

Swap out cokes and sweet tea for plain water,Eat several small meals (5 or 6) a day instead of 2 or 3 big ones and cut out as much sugar as possible. Oh and get off that recliner :rolleyes: Good luck..

jeeptales 07-22-2008 06:22 PM

Okay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KicknJeep (Post 248437)
Swap out cokes and sweet tea for plain water,Eat several small meals (5 or 6) a day instead of 2 or 3 big ones and cut out as much sugar as possible. Oh and get off that recliner :rolleyes: Good luck..

I'm taking the Big Gulp cup holder off the treadmill.

and from now on when I watch "Family Guy" I will do it while walking on the Treadmill!

crafty 07-22-2008 06:56 PM

Best way to workout on a treadmill and this is perfect for a 1/2 hour T.V. show. After every minute adjust the incline of the treadmill 1 degree and after 15 minutes start going back down 1 degree. You might motivate me to get back to the gym since I own a lifetime membership anyways and my travel time got reduced recently. You can do this, the hardest part is getting in the routine.

tiny terror 07-22-2008 07:07 PM

Jeeptales, I spent a couple years as a fitness instructor. Do you have access to a heavy bag and gloves?? An hour of kickboxing is not only a cardio workout but it's also a resistance workout. More bang for your buck. As you add muscle, your metabolism is upped and losing weight will get easier.

But, remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so instead of just weighing yourself, get out that measuring tape and write it all down. You may see some time when you think you're not losing but the tape will tell you the truth.

Make sure you stretch, and if you can, jump rope. A good boxer's rope workout will burn more calories than most workouts.

Keep a notebook of success and make sure that you treat yourself when you reach a goal. If you have a weakness for a certain food the key is moderation, but you should never treat your successes with food. Treat them with something else. You'll train yourself not to use food as a reward.

Good luck, start with realistic goals and remember you cannot starve yourself thin. It's all about getting up and moving.

jeeptales 07-22-2008 08:12 PM

I like that too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 248451)
Jeeptales, I spent a couple years as a fitness instructor. Do you have access to a heavy bag and gloves?? An hour of kickboxing is not only a cardio workout but it's also a resistance workout. More bang for your buck. As you add muscle, your metabolism is upped and losing weight will get easier.

But, remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so instead of just weighing yourself, get out that measuring tape and write it all down. You may see some time when you think you're not losing but the tape will tell you the truth.

Make sure you stretch, and if you can, jump rope. A good boxer's rope workout will burn more calories than most workouts.

Keep a notebook of success and make sure that you treat yourself when you reach a goal. If you have a weakness for a certain food the key is moderation, but you should never treat your successes with food. Treat them with something else. You'll train yourself not to use food as a reward.

Good luck, start with realistic goals and remember you cannot starve yourself thin. It's all about getting up and moving.

I graduated from a Christian Brothers HS in El Paso...

All CB Schools teach boxing to all the student body goes back to the early 1900s when the CB boys were getting their butts kicked on the way home from school.

I don't mind knocking the heavy bag around...

jeeptales 07-22-2008 08:28 PM

My Tracking Graph

I'm going to post my online weight graph here:

JeepTales
NOTE: For the first 6 entries, we will display a bar graph here. After the first week,
your graph will become a line graph with a rolling seven day average trend line.

www.fatloseronline.com

http://www.fatloseronline.com/graph/...=192&width=600

bluvikng 07-22-2008 08:40 PM

Just give up the deep fried goat brains..............:D

tiny terror 07-22-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeptales (Post 248476)
I graduated from a Christian Brothers HS in El Paso...

All CB Schools teach boxing to all the student body goes back to the early 1900s when the CB boys were getting their butts kicked on the way home from school.

I don't mind knocking the heavy bag around...

Not just boxing, you have learn to kick the bag, too. I assure you, you'll see results within a few weeks (and feel it in days :D)

jeeptales 07-22-2008 08:50 PM

I'll shop for one

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 248486)
Not just boxing, you have learn to kick the bag, too. I assure you, you'll see results within a few weeks (and feel it in days :D)

I'll see if I can track down a bag.

tiny terror 07-22-2008 08:55 PM

They have great heavy bags now that have a water base so you don't have to install them. Invest in nice wraps for your hands and you don't actually have to use boxing gloves, but if you do use gloves, get 16 oz. You'd be amazed at what a single pound on each fist does for your arms.

See if you can track down a place where you can at least watch people throw a proper round kick, side kick, and front kick. If you can, an hour lesson from a kickboxer would do your form worlds of good.

yjwrangler 07-22-2008 09:39 PM

tiny, i am really pretty interested in kick boxing. i have no prior experience with anything like that. i am fairly fit ( 6'1, 165lbs) i do physical labor for my current job and have been for the past 3 years... what should i do to get into this...any heads up?

and sorry for borrowing this thread for a sec, good luck on the weight loss

tiny terror 07-22-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yjwrangler (Post 248509)
tiny, i am really pretty interested in kick boxing. i have no prior experience with anything like that. i am fairly fit ( 6'1, 165lbs) i do physical labor for my current job and have been for the past 3 years... what should i do to get into this...any heads up?

and sorry for borrowing this thread for a sec, good luck on the weight loss

Yes, you need good shoes that support your ankles for lateral movement and are not too grippy on the floor (so you don't blow out your knee delivering round kicks) and you need to not go in thinking you're about to learn how to kick everyone's ass. Fighting is a game of chess. Power is no match for skill.

Are you looking at it for fighting or for fitness?

jeeptales 07-22-2008 11:50 PM

My stats....

Well tonight when I got home I did 2 miles on the Treadmill at 3 mph to warm up then I did 3.5 miles on a moderate program course that changes the incline and speed.

Today I had 2.5 liters of water and two diet cokes.

No Breakfast but about 2:00 today I had a Grill Chicken Salad no dressing.

For dinner a bowl of Raisin Bran with Soy Milk.

After my workout I did my Embarrassing Measurements.
  • Waist 52 1/2" (No wonder my 42" pants don't fit well?)
  • Chest 51"
  • Neck 18 1/2"
  • Hips 48"
  • Thighs 24 3/4"

My plan is to weigh myself everyday and track it with that chart.

I will measure myself again on the 1st & 15th of each month.

What do you think so far???

Scout 07-23-2008 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeptales (Post 248564)
...on the Treadmill at 3 mph to warm up...

:confused:

How fast do most people walk?

tiny terror 07-23-2008 12:08 AM

You're doing exactly what we did when we had a new student join the fitness program. Make sure you eat enough and eat well.

You're going to do great. :)

jeeptales 07-23-2008 12:10 AM

Not sure...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 248575)
:confused:

How fast do most people walk?

But for my 31" Legs it is a quick clip!

Faster than my normal gate.

jeeptales 07-23-2008 01:27 AM

Fat Pic...

Okay you can laugh now.... but this is all going away...

https://webcontrol.avv.com/dealerima...//IMG_1647.JPG

yjwrangler 07-23-2008 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 248541)
Yes, you need good shoes that support your ankles for lateral movement and are not too grippy on the floor (so you don't blow out your knee delivering round kicks) and you need to not go in thinking you're about to learn how to kick everyone's ass. Fighting is a game of chess. Power is no match for skill.

Are you looking at it for fighting or for fitness?

fitness!!! and i hate really just running in place or jsut lifting weights...so i think this might be the ticket...

yjwrangler 07-23-2008 06:16 AM

hey buddy your gonna do great, my only concern is the eating habits your starting!!! i have seen some big dudes that i work with diet, and they get burnt out so quick. eat several small meals a day, it those big late night dinners that are gut builders!!!!!!!!!!

Deschka 07-23-2008 08:58 AM

yjwrangler you sound like my twin in this thread :D you said all the things I was going to. Totally interested in the boxing for exercise thing ( I run now) and am wondering about those shoes now.

And I think Greg is not eating enough with his current diet. I eat tons more than that, and am 5ft8 and weigh around 119 lbs. In order to keep the weight off, I suggest no actual diet at all, but a total lifestyle change as far as eating habits go. You will not be able to maintain that diet and still excercise, and the minute you eat more normal again, you will gain.

Greg you are a brave man, and I wish you the best of luck :)

jeeps&comics 07-23-2008 09:10 AM

good to see your serious about this. that little comment about watching family guy on a treadmill was pretty cool, reminded me of something i suggested to myself when i first started working out... i was like, instead of a lazy boy in my house to sit on when i watch tv, why not get a stationary bike and pedal while watching tv, i'm sure you'll burn a lot of unwanted calories, and not even think about it because your mind is preoccupied...

kickboxing does sound awesome, i would love to get into that also... good luck again, and as stated before by others, i'm sure you're going to do great! just keep at it!

jeeptales 07-23-2008 10:36 AM

Day One Update

07/23/2008 - 247lbs:D

Well I know the first 15 lbs don't really count but I am sort of jazzed about losing the first three pounds on day one.

bluvikng 07-23-2008 10:46 AM

Keep it up Bro, you know I was only having some fun with you on my earlier post, right? Good job Greg.

jeeptales 07-23-2008 10:52 AM

No problem...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluvikng (Post 248662)
Keep it up Bro, you know I was only having some fun with you on my earlier post, right? Good job Greg.

I have a feeling that posting my progress on a few Jeep Forums will be the motivation I need to keep it up.

bluvikng 07-23-2008 10:55 AM

What ever it takes, it's worth it. Heck, your a legend around here anyway.