Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Canada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/)
-   -   trip to montreal (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/trip-to-montreal-200964.html)

VASYLfromUKRAINE 11-22-2012 09:16 AM

trip to montreal

hi guys,
anyone from montreal here??
looking to visit montreal soon for the weekends.
can you recommended where to stay ?
where to go?
what to do there?
:punk::wavey:

WuWuWu 11-24-2012 02:42 PM

Hey sup?

I'm from Montreal, I can help you a bit. It depends what you want to do.

If you like sightseeing, then you should visit the old Montreal, Saint-Joseph's Oratory, Notre-Dame basilica and a bunch of museum. And the night view from Mont-Royal is not bad.

If you are more into nightlife, you can find a bunch of bars and clubs around Crescent street in downtown, or Saint-Laurent street (North of Sherbrooke)

If you wanna do some shopping (which I don't think you find cheaper stuffs than the states :whistling:) you have the underground mall in downtown and also there's this sector they call Plateau Mont-Royal, where you can find a bunch of interesting little stores.

If you wanna eat, Montreal IS the place. Although not everything is good, but you have tons of restaurant from different country. You have Chinatown if you feel like some Asian food, if you want a fancy restaurant, I'll say go look around in old Montreal, it is where they usually are.

As for staying, I'll suggest you stay near downtown and you should take the subway here (We call it Metro), there's a bunch of construction here and so it is sometimes faster to travel in subway than by car.

Aight, that's all i can think of for now, I'll add more if I can think of something else lol

Peace!

Dick Blonov 11-26-2012 05:29 AM

Cool! So many things to do here. I'll post a few linkies for you later today :)

DB

VASYLfromUKRAINE 11-26-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Blonov
Cool! So many things to do here. I'll post a few linkies for you later today :)

DB

do you have snow right now there??

Dick Blonov 11-27-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VASYLfromUKRAINE

do you have snow right now there??

Not yet but some ski slopes are already open up north. I'll be at work in about an hour and post some. Info. Mondays are he'll :D

DB

Dick Blonov 11-27-2012 07:36 AM

Some useful links:

Tourism Montreal pretty good info including lodging. You might want to move away from downtown a bit (near a metro station), slightly cheaper, and you'll find parking :)

STM (public transit web site)

Underground Pedestrian Network (20 miles of tunnels and passageways)

And as far as snow goes :)

You might want to try this.

Or the famous artery clogging poutine :p

Urban Spoon is your friend. Pretty good list from fast food to expensive wine&dine.

Avoid roadwork (almost impossible, but...). Click on the interactive map, you'll see what I mean :facepalm:

You can PM me when you know when you'll be in town.

Cheers!

DB

VASYLfromUKRAINE 11-27-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Some useful links:

Tourism Montreal pretty good info including lodging. You might want to move away from downtown a bit (near a metro station), slightly cheaper, and you'll find parking :)

Urban Spoon is your friend. Pretty good list from fast food to expensive wine&dine.

Avoid roadwork (almost impossible, but...). Click on the interactive map, you'll see what I mean :facepalm:

Cheers!

DB

thanks !!!

VASYLfromUKRAINE 11-27-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Some useful links:

Cheers!

DB

i heard about new and old city ??
can u tell me more about it?
thanks

Dick Blonov 11-28-2012 06:57 AM

You mean Old Montreal I guess.

DB

VASYLfromUKRAINE 11-28-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

You mean Old Montreal I guess.