Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   jeep TJ with a few problems (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/jeep-tj-with-a-few-problems-201177.html)

MonkeyManZac 11-23-2012 01:55 PM

jeep TJ with a few problems

Well for starters I am an nineteen year old kid that may or may not have just messed up his first truck. I wanted it to sound a little ballsy so i put some money into an exhaust system but there was a problem when i took off the skid plate i stripped out one of the middle screws so i just let the plate hang on the transmission(stupid i know but idk what else to do) so as i was getting the old system off i noticed the driveaxle was sagging with the transmission, i freaked out and quickly bolted the skidplate back on and continued to get the exhaust off. i also noticed that the catalytic converter doesnt have a female flange like summit said it did.

i need to know what size the cat out side is to get a converter and my fourwheel drive also doesnt work (i assume its from the hanging) but i need help with some fixes or my dad will kill me!

Jerry fain 11-23-2012 02:14 PM

Well as far as the skid plate and the tranny go I can't be of much help but the cat with the female flange I may be able to help with when I worked at autozone we had pipe diameter increasing tool you could rent that may help a little unless u went from like a 2 1-4 in. Pipe to like a 3 incher it should help with that. I'm also 19 so I understand the whole parents getting mad thing but I moved out so I dot worry about them much anymore

Jerry fain 11-23-2012 02:15 PM

Also what aspect of your 4 wheel drive dosent work? 4 high 4 low etc

MonkeyManZac 11-23-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry fain (Post 3024913)
Also what aspect of your 4 wheel drive dosent work? 4 high 4 low etc

Well none of it does, it feels as if the lever isnt attached to anything since it just freely moves back and forth

UnlimitedLJ04 11-23-2012 02:21 PM

the only thing that holds your entire engine, transmission and t-case drivetrain assembly up is the transmission mount and the motor mounts. By removing the bolts from the t-case skid, you effectively removed the support of the transmission mount and rested the entire assembly on the exhaust hangers and the motor mounts. very bad.

Jerry fain 11-23-2012 02:23 PM

Try looking at the linkage under the body (on the transmission) and see if possibly when it sagged down it got hung up on something also you may have a point where the 4wd lever is knocking the body since its attached to the tranny when it sagged it brought the whole lever and all with it nothing major if its on the body where it's hung then you can cut a notch in the body and boom got 4wd back

MonkeyManZac 11-23-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnlimitedLJ04 (Post 3024929)
the only thing that holds your entire engine, transmission and t-case drivetrain assembly up is the transmission mount and the motor mounts. By removing the bolts from the t-case skid, you effectively removed the support of the transmission mount and rested the entire assembly on the exhaust hangers and the motor mounts. very bad.

I now realize this but i dont know how else would you get under wranglers?

MonkeyManZac 11-23-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry fain (Post 3024936)
Try looking at the linkage under the body (on the transmission) and see if possibly when it sagged down it got hung up on something also you may have a point where the 4wd lever is knocking the body since its attached to the tranny when it sagged it brought the whole lever and all with it nothing major if its on the body where it's hung then you can cut a notch in the body and boom got 4wd back

Do i have to take off the skid again?

Jerry fain 11-23-2012 02:34 PM

No I wouldn't see if you can maybe look up with a flash light or something I wouldn't drop the skid untill I got a new Trans mount but if you have to then you have too or u could remove the boot inside the jeep and loo down on top of it