go ahead and ban him, Scout :D
OK... so who is the genius who divided the largest continental state into 250 counties more than they needed?
A few TEXAS FACT!
Subject: Texas - Just Facts - Not Braggin'
Share with friends from other states and nations to help them understand. :)
Here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about folks from Texas:
If someone in a Lowe's store offers you assistance and they
don't work there, you may live in Texas
If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may
live in Texas
If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone
who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Texas
If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of Dallas for the
weekend, you may live in Texas
If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Texas
If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once,
you may live in Texas
If you install security lights on your house and garage, but
leave both unlocked, you may live in Texas
If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how
to use them, you may live in Texas
If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80
and everybody's passing you, you may live in Texas
If you find 60 degrees "a little chilly," you may live in
If you actually understand these jokes, and share them with
all your Texas friends, you definitely live in Texas.
Need to be cheered up?
Happy, Texas 79042
Pep, Texas 79353
Smiley, Texas 78159
Paradise, Texas 76073
Rainbow, Texas 76077
Sweet Home, Texas 77987
Comfort, Texas 78013
Friendship, Texas 76530
Love the Sun?
Sun City, Texas 78628
Sunrise, Texas 76661
Sunset, Texas 76270
Sundown, Texas 79372
Sunray, Texas 79086
Sunny Side, Texas 77423
Want something to eat?
Bacon, Texas 76301
Noodle, Texas 79536
Oatmeal, Texas 78605
Turkey, Texas 79261
Trout, Texas 75789
Sugar Land, Texas 77479
Salty, Texas 76567
Rice, Texas 75155
And top it off with:
Sweetwater, Texas 79556
Why travel to other cities? Texas has them all!
Detroit, Texas 75436
Colorado City, Texas 79512
Denver City, Texas 79323
Klondike, Texas 75448
Nevada, Texas 75173
Memphis, Texas 79245
Miami, Texas 79059
Boston, Texas 75570
Santa Fe, Texas 77517
Tennessee Colony, Texas 75861
Reno, Texas 75462
Feel like traveling outside the country? Don't bother buying a
Athens, Texas 75751
Canadian, Texas 79014
China, Texas 77613
Egypt, Texas 77436
Ireland, Texas 76538
Turkey, Texas 79261
London, Texas 76854
New London, Texas 75682
Paris, Texas 75460
No need to travel to Washington D.C.?
Whitehouse, Texas 75791
We even have a city named after our planet!
Earth, Texas 79031
And a city named after our State!
Texas City, Texas 77590
Energy, Texas 76452
Blanket, Texas 76432
Winters, Texas 79567
Like to read about History?
Santa Anna, Texas 76878
Goliad, Texas 77963
Alamo, Texas 78516
Gun Barrel City, Texas 75156
Robert Lee, Texas 76945
Need Office Supplies?
Staples, Texas 78670
Men are from Mars, women are from "Venus, Texas 76084"
You guessed itů it's on the state line.. Texline, Texas 79087
For the kids...
Kermit, Texas 79745
Elmo, Texas 75118
Nemo, Texas 76070
Tarzan, Texas 79783
Winnie, Texas 77665
Sylvester, Texas 79560
Other city names in Texas , to make you smile.....
Frognot, Texas 75424
Bigfoot, Texas 78005
Hogeye, Texas 75423
Cactus, Texas 79013
Notrees, Texas 79759
Best, Texas 76932
Veribest, Texas 76886
Kickapoo, Texas 75763
Dime Box, Texas 77853
Old Dime Box, Texas 77853
Telephone, Texas 75488
Telegraph, Texas 76883
Whiteface, Texas 79379
Twitty, Texas 79079
And last but not least, the Anti-Al Gore City:
Kilgore, Texas 75662
Here are some little known, very interesting facts about Texas.
1. Beaumont to El Paso: 742 miles
2. Beaumont to Chicago: 770 miles
3. El Paso is closer to California than to Dallas
4. World's first rodeo was in Pecos, July 4, 1883.
5. The Flagship Hotel in Galveston is the only hotel in North America built over water.
6. The Heisman Trophy was named after John William Heisman who was the first full-time coach at Rice University in Houston.
7. Brazoria County has more species of birds than any other area in North America.
8. Aransas Wildlife Refuge is the winter home of North America's only remaining flock of whooping cranes.
9. Jalapeno jelly originated in Lake Jackson in 1978.
10. The worst natural disaster in U.S history was in 1900, caused by a hurricane, in which over 8,000 lives were lost on Galveston Island.
11. The first word spoken from the moon, July 20, 1969, was " Houston."
12. King Ranch in South Texas is larger than Rhode Island.
13. Tropical Storm Claudette brought a U.S. rainfall record of 43" in 24 hours in and around Alvin in July of 1979.
14. Texas is the only state to enter the U.S. by TREATY,
(known as the Constitution of 1845 by the Republic of Texas to enter the Union) instead of by annexation. This allows the Texas Flag to fly at the same height as the U.S. Flag, and may divide into 5 states.
15. A Live Oak tree near Fulton is estimated to be 1500 years old.
16. Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in the state.
17. Dr Pepper was invented in Waco in 1885. There is no period in Dr Pepper.
18. Texas has had six capital cities: Washington-on-the Brazos, Harrisburg, Galveston, Velasco, West Columbia and Austin.
19. The Capitol Dome in Austin is the only dome in the U.S. which is taller than the Capitol Building in Washington DC (by 7 feet).
20. The name "Texas" comes from the Hasini Indian word "tejas" meaning friends. Tejas is not Spanish for Texas.
21. The State Mascot is the Armadillo (an interesting bit of trivia about the armadillo is they always have four babies. They have one egg, which splits into four, and they either have four males or four females.).
22. The first domed stadium in the U.S. was the Astrodome in Houston.
Cowboy's Ten Commandments posted on the wall at Cross Trails
Church in Fairlie, Texas:
(1) Just one God.
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No telling tales or gossipin'.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
(5) Put nothin' before God.
(6) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal.
(7) No killin'.
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don't take what ain't yers.
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff
Now that's kinda plain an' simple don't ya think?
REPOST!! All the kids trying to be cool like me.
This is whay you don't mess with TEXAS
The GREAT STATE of TEXAS is a place for the rough tough and hardy!
The soft just don't last too long.
More proof in this little video we call "Texas Mosquitoes"
My Dad lives in Hogeye!
Arkansas mosquitos mate with the turkeys!!!
Do you have a video to prove it?:crash:
NO, those kinds of things are illegal here. You could probably view them in Texas, though.
JK you know I love Jeep Owners!
There are two kinds of folks in this world.
...And those who the were!
BEVO It's What's For Dinner!
At five I had a grilled chicken salad.
Tonight after I work out I'll have a bowl or Raisin Bran with soy milk in my UT Bowl!
Just a Proud Texan!
It's not just me!
My Daughter Cheers for Permian High School
(Home of Friday Night Lights)
Her dream is to cheer for the University of Texas!
More Texas Stuff
Do any of you guys listen to Old School Country like:
Chris LeDoux -"This Cowboys hat"
Now this song is full of TEXAS ATTITUDE
Video no workie. :crash:
Here is another one
It's fixed with another link to the first video here
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.|
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.