Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Australia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f109/)
-   -   Advice on Buying a 07JK Man (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f109/advice-on-buying-a-07jk-man-201606.html)

Team Smelly Dog 11-25-2012 10:55 PM

Advice on Buying a 07JK Man

Hi Guys,

I really need some help

Just found an immaculate(still has new paint under the arches) 07 JK Rubicon with 2" lift, ARB Bull Bar, Winch etc with 13,500kms for sale $29,990

Took it for a Test drive it drove beautifully, no probs until I (& the wife):whistling: hear a rattle coming from the what sounds like over run of the engine under load in 2, & 3rd.

Spoke to the Salesman, we take if for a drive & he goes"mmm! I get the service dpt to have a look(they are owned by a Jeep Dealership)

Just heard back this morning, the noise was in the bottom end & on their own insurance they are going to put in another complete engine from "Jeep Parts" Mel i think ! either knew or one with comparable K's

Any thought, they said they will do all log books etc..

should I still be looking ?

The car looks like brand new inside out !!!

Furkew 11-26-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Smelly Dog
Hi Guys,

I really need some help

Just found an immaculate(still has new paint under the arches) 07 JK Rubicon with 2" lift, ARB Bull Bar, Winch etc with 13,500kms for sale $29,990

Took it for a Test drive it drove beautifully, no probs until I (& the wife):whistling: hear a rattle coming from the what sounds like over run of the engine under load in 2, & 3rd.

Spoke to the Salesman, we take if for a drive & he goes"mmm! I get the service dpt to have a look(they are owned by a Jeep Dealership)

Just heard back this morning, the noise was in the bottom end & on their own insurance they are going to put in another complete engine from "Jeep Parts" Mel i think ! either knew or one with comparable K's

Any thought, they said they will do all log books etc..

should I still be looking ?

The car looks like brand new inside out !!!

Depending on what they replace the engine with it doesn't sound too bad a deal. (After negotiating the price of course)

Very low k's and a rubi as well. Do you know about the ausjeepoffroad forum? You might get a better indication on value plus what to look out for there.

Good luck.

Team Smelly Dog 01-19-2013 05:44 PM

Well, I went ahead & bought the 07 JK Rubi, looks fantastic, drives great or so I thought until I hit a pot hole in the city doing 40km/h

Holy Shit I thought I was going to get thrown out of my seat, the wife went "What the hell have you just bought "

I am so pissed off as I had the same thing with my TJ at 80KPH but that was only when the tyres were worn...

& it just happened this morning !

This is just not a good feeling at all, especially when I'm just about to put a baby in my car..

The car is under a new 12 month warranty so I'll let you know how that goes...

Is there a reason I can tell the garage(Jeep Dealer in Brisbane) cos I'm at a loss & I know they are gonna say" We don't know what it is "

All help would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Sage

Team Smelly Dog

http://teamsmellydog.smugmug.com/Art...0/L/RUBY-L.jpg

07 JK 2' Lift Old Man Emu Shocks & Springs, Maxis Big Horn Tyres.

acko73 01-25-2013 03:50 PM

I reckon your ball joints are shagged, very common on the jk

Team Smelly Dog 01-30-2013 07:11 PM

Apparently everything is like new under there, but the damper was leaking..
Also Jeep have done a re call on the Damper & are replacing it with a bigger one...

The also replaced the Handbrake with a new kit...

We will see eh ?

Furkew 01-31-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Smelly Dog
Apparently everything is like new under there, but the damper was leaking..
Also Jeep have done a re call on the Damper & are replacing it with a bigger one...

The also replaced the Handbrake with a new kit...

We will see eh ?

Fingers crossed all works out good

Have you dropped into the ausjeepoffroad forum yet? Heaps of local advice.

Paul.