Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

To My Wrangler Forum Family of Friends

293K views 11K replies 98 participants last post by  I H8RDS 
#1 · (Edited)
Some of you have been wondering where I’ve been. It appears I have ruptured a disk in my back. I should be hearing from a Neurosurgeon today. Looks like I won't be able to do anything but have back surgury at this point. It’s affected my entire left side of my body; which is numb. My chiropractor told me he’s never seen a rupture this bad. Just my luck right? I never do anything half mass! :nonono:

For all of you who know me, you know I WILL BE DYING not being able to wheel for a while. Just got my Rock Hard sliders put on too! Tummy tuck and steering box skid are going on Saturday. I’m totally bummed about this, but I will be living vicariously through you all. As soon as I am able, I’ll be back on the trails. This will be just a little set back.

Go on lots of runs and post up pics! I want to see all the fun and silly times you guys are having! I will be there in spirit!
Lorie :wavey:

#37 · (Edited)
Jeepers are a rare breed aren't we? I love it..and I sincerely thank everyone for keeping me in your thoughts. Not to get too mushy here, but like I've said before. Friends for life in the wheeling community. You guys are willing to do far more than my own family, so in a sense, you are my family. And I cherish our friendships :flowers:

Latest update:

Went in to see the Neurosurgeon this morning. He ordered my back surgery STAT. Just got done with all my pre-op stuff (I've never been so poked and prodded so many times in such a small amount of time). I go in under the knife Saturday morning :(

Of course I had to ask him how long before I could hit the rocks again.. :redface: I can't help it. But BERNIE, before you start lecturing me, I promise to be healed first. It just needs to be a Speedy recovery. :rolleyes:

On a happier note, I just had a Quarter Pounder with cheese and had ZERO guilt :rofl: Ohh..and fries too! :D

You guys take care of business on them rocks while I'm out!! :punk:

P.S. And for all of you I haven't met yet wishing me well..we shall have a celebration weekend on the rocks when I get back!

#38 ·
Stuff your face as much as you can, after tomorrow evening you will have to fast for the anesthesia and when you wake up there's a chance nothing will taste or sound good.

I say go for a big mexican dinner now, lol.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and 100% recovery :)

Lisa

#42 ·
LOL Ya, Community Memorial Hospital...I don't plan on eating much while I'm vacationing there. That's why I had a quarter pounder today. Figured it would take my system a couple days to get rid of that fat! It was SOOO good! Yum-O!! :D

#55 · (Edited)
Thanks Bob :) The pain I can handle..it's the whole check in process and being put under that freaks me out. I can't wait until I'm checking out and home again. I'm bringing my buddy's ipad so when I'm stuck in that room I have something to occupy my time. Hopefully there's reception. I make the worst patient. :(

#57 ·
Hey Randy! They let me go home with friends to help take care of me so I didn'y have to stay for days. I'm home free now :) Thanks though! Bernie and Vanessa made the drive from Moreno Valley yesterday. That was very cool! Much love you guys! :flowers: And glad you had a nice time at the Pier for dinner...

The pic shows what they removed. That's my disc that was sticking into my spinal cord. My doctor who's been practicing over 30 years said he's Never seen anything that big. He was impressed and took this picture. Crazy huh?

#92 ·
oh now that is just purdy... kinda looks like something i have eaten before. Glad to hear you are doing better and by March i should be ready to wheel again.... actually my company is doing a big Calico trip in Feb. i'll keep you in my prayers.

#58 ·
I H8RDS said:
Hey Randy! They let me go home with friends to help take care of me so I didn'y have to stay for days. I'm home free now :) Thanks though! Bernie and Vanessa made the drive from Moreno Valley yesterday. That was very cool! Much love you guys! :flowers: And glad you had a nice time at the Pier for dinner...

The pic shows what they removed. That's my disc that was sticking into my spinal cord. My doctor who's been practicing over 30 years said he's Never seen anything that big. He was impressed and took this picture. Crazy huh?
Gnarly!!! Way cool pic. Hope you're feeling better. And have a Speedy recovery.

#60 ·
Gunner said:
WOW that big thing was in your tiny little back. No wonder it was hurting. I sure hope your feeling better now. And Geri and I are looking forward to wheeling with you again.
Bob
Even her doctor was amazed at her quick recovery, we did not expect to see her up and about. Never underestimate the healing powers of the thought of Calico deprivation!!

The best part of this is, she said her ass doesn't hurt--I don't know about that, the verdict is still out on that one. Lol

Everyone get ready, there may be a "ROCKing welcome BACK Partay" in the near (end of March to early April) future.

Let's get our thinking caps on and see what great ideas we can come up with to make this one hell of a 3-day long party. The kind of party where few would want to remember or admit they attended. Hahaha

#62 ·
I'm so glad to hear things went well and they sprung you early. Just being in your own home and bed will help you begin healing faster. Be sure you still follow the Dr.'s orders and take it easy :)

#64 ·
I'm so glad to hear things went well and they sprung you early. Just being in your own home and bed will help you begin healing faster. Be sure you still follow the Dr.'s orders and take it easy :)

:) Really enjoying being home!!

Ok, that works, as long as we follow what the doctor said. I thought I heard Lisa mentioning early April as to when your doctor said your back would be ready for the rocks.
He said 3 months. That makes it March ...so let's plan!! :D

#63 ·
I H8RDS said:
Beginning of March!!! 3 months Recoup Bernie! Dec, Jan and Feb. Back on the rocks in March!
Ok, that works, as long as we follow what the doctor said. I thought I heard Lisa mentioning early April as to when your doctor said your back would be ready for the rocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.