Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

To My Wrangler Forum Family of Friends

293K views 11K replies 98 participants last post by  I H8RDS 
#1 · (Edited)
Some of you have been wondering where I’ve been. It appears I have ruptured a disk in my back. I should be hearing from a Neurosurgeon today. Looks like I won't be able to do anything but have back surgury at this point. It’s affected my entire left side of my body; which is numb. My chiropractor told me he’s never seen a rupture this bad. Just my luck right? I never do anything half mass! :nonono:

For all of you who know me, you know I WILL BE DYING not being able to wheel for a while. Just got my Rock Hard sliders put on too! Tummy tuck and steering box skid are going on Saturday. I’m totally bummed about this, but I will be living vicariously through you all. As soon as I am able, I’ll be back on the trails. This will be just a little set back.

Go on lots of runs and post up pics! I want to see all the fun and silly times you guys are having! I will be there in spirit!
Lorie :wavey:

#1,922 ·
What day does sky ranch open? Is it end of April or early May?

Maybe at a lake? Although they usually charge for camping. But I know most or some of you prefer to not pay for camping.

A beach or Lake front would be our vote. There must be a beach close by where they allow tents. A water front of sorts should remove the focus off Jeeping to the friend getting together enjoying each others company.

#1,923 ·
Ok, well we can all look around and see what's up..Im ok with spending $10 to camp, but anymore than that is too much..plus gas and food..now I need to watch my funds. Not getting paid as much with the furlough..and wont have the cash.

#1,935 ·
I think to camp anywhere around a lake or ocean is going to be $25+ a night..I can't swing that right now..Gorman isn't anything pretty, but it is a place that accomodates many people for an inexpensive price. AND within a decent drive. Gas is outrageous. If anyone knows of anything like Gorman with water... ?

I wont be putting on any runs..nothing will be planned but fun and games...few beers, grub and chats...if anyone wants to go tool around for an hour, go for it..I wouldn't be organizing anything but a circle at camp.
Sheesh at this rate with gas going up and taxes going up and health insurance going up and pay going down (all Bush's fault of course - or Regans) we are going to have to have an internet party. Pick a date and time all log on from home and get drunk and chat.:nonono:

#1,924 ·
I think to camp anywhere around a lake or ocean is going to be $25+ a night..I can't swing that right now..Gorman isn't anything pretty, but it is a place that accomodates many people for an inexpensive price. AND within a decent drive. Gas is outrageous. If anyone knows of anything like Gorman with water... ?

I wont be putting on any runs..nothing will be planned but fun and games...few beers, grub and chats...if anyone wants to go tool around for an hour, go for it..I wouldn't be organizing anything but a circle at camp.

#1,925 ·
Bernie got a FREE $100.00. Let him pay for camping. Lol. Just kidding B. I could spring for $10.00 a night. And we can have a HUGE Fire at HV. Maybe even sneak up the back way to Dutchmans and take a look at Miller from above. Easy Wheeling with good friends, Family really. Yeah, there's nothing better. Whoop Whoop!!!

#1,945 ·
WHOOAA!!! Non alcohol Park ?? :eek::eek::eek:...that ain't gona fly with this group!!

Reservations Policies

LAKE PIRU RECREATION AREA
RESERVATION INFORMATION–PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Reservations may be made year round at Lake Piru Recreation Area kiosk and are accepted up to one (1) year but no less than one (1) week in advance of the indicated date of arrival. Telephone reservations are accepted by credit card only (Visa/MasterCard), Monday-Thursday from 8am to 4pm. To make a reservation, call (805) 521-1500 or print a copy of the reservation form on this web site, fill it out completely and either fax to (805) 521-1208 or mail it to the address above.
Reservations are confirmed either in person or by mail. We must receive your request through the mail, by phone or in person it least 1 week prior to the indicated date of arrival. SORRY, NO EXCEPTIONS.

The Park is a Non Alcohol Park.

#1,948 ·
It's easily another hour north of me..and I'm not sure what it costs to stay there..prob $30 a night. Hell, Emma Wood was $30 a night.

I think HV will be least expensive, best location for everybody and no hassle reservations. People can just show up whenever they want. $10 to camp..$5 day pass.

#1,950 ·
It's easily another hour north of me..and I'm not sure what it costs to stay there..prob $30 a night. Hell, Emma Wood was $30 a night.

I think HV will be least expensive, best location for everybody and no hassle reservations. People can just show up whenever they want. $10 to camp..$5 day pass.
See, the more we do this, the more I'm convinced it should be HV. Besides, I really want to run up to Dutchmans Camp and see how Millers looking. You know? Maybe get lucky and find an open gate. Lol

#1,949 ·
RadarRob2012 said:
Do any of you up there know anything about Lake Piru? I see that it's in Ventura, and has tent and RV camping. $20.00 a night seems a little steep to me though. Just saying, I'm a FREE kind of guy. But I'll step up if the place warrants it.
That place sucks. It's really pretty but you can't do anything on the water. No body contact no swimming, wading, can't even put a canoe in. The boats have to be a certain width it's just to many rules. One day when I'm old and crazy I'm gonna go dynamite fishing there and just have a blast.

#1,997 ·
The last time I was at your shop, it was obvious how much busier your shop was. BTW, congratulations to you guys for that.

If you keep working so hard and grow your business as it has the last several months, it may be time to move to a larger space or buy that building and expand.

From our perspective, it is a beautiful thing to see a business grow as you guys are growing. Some would just say "oh, those JPi folks are so lucky." But those people too often only focus on the fruits of your/our labor and not what you/we may have had to sacrifice to get there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.