Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Anybody have these rockers? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/anybody-have-these-rockers-203416.html)

getalildirty 12-04-2012 10:10 AM

Anybody have these rockers?

Looking to get rockers these are pretty cheap but I would like to see a picture if anyone had bought them and installed them
97 06 Jeep TJ Wrangler Rock Crawler Rocker Guard Sliders Body Guard Bar | eBay

dale 3 12-04-2012 11:48 AM

No specs. on thickness or diameter.They look decoration only? That's why their cheap.You know the saying? --------- what you pay for.

TJspeed 12-04-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dale 3 (Post 3065609)
No specs. on thickness or diameter.They look decoration only? That's why their cheap.You know the saying? --------- what you pay for.

X2. They look thin and dont look like they would have any protection besides scraping. If you where to take a hard hit they dont look like they would hold up very well...

UnlimitedLJ04 12-04-2012 12:25 PM

for just a little more...
Untitled Document
Bumpers, Rock Sliders, Rocker Protection, Skid Plates, ShrockWorks
Savvy Offroad
Blue Torch Fab - World Class Rock Crawlers :: Blue Torch Fab
Jeep Armor & Upgrades | Bumpers, Fenders and More| Poison Spyder Customs
JEEP RUBICON | JEEP ACCESSORIES | OFFROAD JEEP WRANGLER | JEEP LED TAIL LIGHTS | GAS TANKS

njp2295 12-04-2012 12:30 PM

e auto grilles sucks IMO friend got bumpers and rockers there and they are so much heavier then bumpers and rockers I have seen they sank his jeep down soooooooo MUCH and the paint chips for some reason

ggross 12-04-2012 12:40 PM

I have the same ones. They are 3/16 steel work great and look great. That is also a great deal. I paid $200 for mine. I always get complements on them.

dale 3 12-04-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggross (Post 3065783)
I have the same ones. They are 3/16 steel work great and look great. That is also a great deal. I paid $200 for mine. I always get complements on them.

Are the tubes 3/16'' thick? They only look maybe 1 1/2'' total?

ggross 12-04-2012 01:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The tubes look like they are only 3/32 thick. I took pictures don't know if they showed up or not
Attachment 184559

Attachment 184558

Attachment 184557

getalildirty 12-04-2012 02:20 PM

Those are pretty sick. Thanks for posting. And do they sag your jeep as njp said?

ggross 12-04-2012 02:32 PM

They are heavy not sure of the weight. I would say 35lbs per side. Not much sag if any. The paint did start chipping on one of them. I am going to spray it with bedliner. I have had them for a year and I do drive on salty roads living in Michigan.

getalildirty 12-04-2012 02:58 PM

Thanks man ill probably order these later

Crazyflyingplastics 12-04-2012 03:47 PM

I am in the process of installing those rockers today. My friend just put the smittybilt xrc rockers on his jeep and these are pretty much identical. They feel sturdy as hell. I will be testing them out next weekend, so I will see how they hold up. I got them for 165 and free shipping

Some Farkin Guy 12-04-2012 05:59 PM

i have these on mine and I love them. My only complaint about them is that the cutout for the jeep logo didn't line up exactly on the driver side, but you have to get close to even notice that. The paint is holding up fine on them and they're plenty thick enough for what the average offroader will run into. The welds also seem well done where the tubing is attached.

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...s/SANY2203.jpg
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...y/Muddin/6.jpg

getalildirty 12-04-2012 06:28 PM

Looks great man yeah but i agree with you that would be the one thing i would change is the way its shaped. But definitley looking like this rocker is the best bang for your buck.

dbgbuell 12-04-2012 09:00 PM

Ordered these mon. One question. Do you have to grind old nut certs off for these to snugg up. On mine they stick out just enough to make me think they will affect the fit.

NalinMFG 12-04-2012 09:19 PM

I suggest supporting one of the listed vendors. I guarantee the ebay one was made in China and copied from a supporting WF vendor's R&D. I'd also be more than happy to discuss Made in USA vs China, and why this type of thing is suffocating American manufacturing in another thread.

hondamxer 12-04-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NalinMFG (Post 3067943)
I suggest supporting one of the listed vendors. I guarantee the ebay one was made in China and copied from a supporting WF vendor's R&D. I'd also be more than happy to discuss Made in USA vs China, and why this type of thing is suffocating American manufacturing in another thread.

Was looking through your web site and seen the rock sliders listed, they seem solid! Why do they say not for sale? Just want to know for when the time comes for me to buy some. Thanks

NalinMFG 12-04-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondamxer (Post 3067994)
Was looking through your web site and seen the rock sliders listed, they seem solid! Why do they say not for sale? Just want to know for when the time comes for me to buy some. Thanks

They are made to order. This way I can do the tube work and any laser cut out designs to the customer's specifications. It's too expensive for me to let several hundreds of dollars of production inventory rust away on a shelf when today's market favors the cheapest way to do something over quality craftsmanship and engineering.

hondamxer 12-04-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NalinMFG (Post 3068091)
They are made to order. This way I can do the tube work and any laser cut out designs to the customer's specifications. It's too expensive for me to let several hundreds of dollars of production inventory rust away on a shelf when today's market favors the cheapest way to do something over quality craftsmanship and engineering.

Ok thanks, your sliders will most likely end up on my rig at some point :punk:

getalildirty 12-05-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NalinMFG (Post 3067943)

Hey man, I'm totally with you. That was one of the big reasons I had wanted a jeep. Being 18 years old and having only a couple of hundred in the bank, buying rockers that are a 100-200 dollars more then the cheap ones doesnt make sense to me. If you could tell me you would be able to create rockers for me that would be as cost effective as the chinese ones, then I would without a doubt go American but for me to spend 3/4 of my bank account on 2 strips of metal for the side of my jeep doesnt really make much sense for me to do. Hope u understand. Look at my signature ;)

Airtight 12-05-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbgbuell (Post 3067872)
Ordered these mon. One question. Do you have to grind old nut certs off for these to snugg up. On mine they stick out just enough to make me think they will affect the fit.

I put mine on last weekend. I didn't have to grind anything. I was mainly buying them because I liked the way they looked, but I was quite surprised at the weight and how solid they feel. I like mine. What nut serts are you referring to?

dbgbuell 12-05-2012 08:01 AM

The nut certs for the old plastic flare. Mine protrude out from the body just a little. It may not make a difference I was just curious if anyone had to grind those.

getalildirty 12-05-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbgbuell
The nut certs for the old plastic flare. Mine protrude out from the body just a little. It may not make a difference I was just curious if anyone had to grind those.

Yeah i took the little flare off before to see whats going on over there and i think im going to have to grind in order for the rocker to lay flat

Crazyflyingplastics 12-05-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbgbuell (Post 3069136)

I thought the same thing at first, but I ended up just leaving them there.

NalinMFG 12-05-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getalildirty (Post 3069099)
Hey man, I'm totally with you. That was one of the big reasons I had wanted a jeep. Being 18 years old and having only a couple of hundred in the bank, buying rockers that are a 100-200 dollars more then the cheap ones doesnt make sense to me. If you could tell me you would be able to create rockers for me that would be as cost effective as the chinese ones, then I would without a doubt go American but for me to spend 3/4 of my bank account on 2 strips of metal for the side of my jeep doesnt really make much sense for me to do. Hope u understand. Look at my signature ;)

What part you were "with me" on?

Enemy 12-05-2012 09:53 AM

Can someone post a pic of them underneath? How far do they cover?

getalildirty 12-05-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NalinMFG

What part you were "with me" on?

Because i prefer American products over anything.

dbgbuell 12-05-2012 10:03 AM

Ill be honest I looked into soft tops and rails for my winter upgrade. I went with softtopper frameless top because it was made in america. It was couple hundred dollar upgrade. Wich left my budget short for what I really wanted. Thought about making my own rails but decided for the cheap qick route. But now for the future I have the template of the one I like.

Imped 12-05-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getalildirty (Post 3069472)
Because i prefer American products over anything.

Settling for overseas-manufacturered parts kind of trumps that preference, wouldn't you say?

getalildirty 12-05-2012 11:31 AM

Well yeah which is why its a preference if i had the money i would be going american.