Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Massachusetts Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f90/)
-   -   New (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f90/new-203452.html)

88yjjeep 12-04-2012 02:36 PM

New
 
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but not to the jeep world. This is my second yj. And i just bought my wife one.

sdptrey 12-04-2012 07:19 PM

Welcome to the forum. Where you from

bmpage84 12-04-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88yjjeep (Post 3065961)
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but not to the jeep world. This is my second yj. And i just bought my wife one.

Dust off those credit cards, or start lookin' for a second job - Two Jeeps to mod!:rofl:

Welcome!

2013JK4dr 12-05-2012 12:43 AM

< another newbie here. Cherry. Just bought my first. JKU rubi. It's been a month and the daily commute is really getting her and I anxious. Need some friends to get this thing dirty with.

silver rubi 12-05-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88yjjeep (Post 3065961)
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but not to the jeep world. This is my second yj. And i just bought my wife one.

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

silver rubi 12-05-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013JK4dr (Post 3068419)
< another newbie here. Cherry. Just bought my first. JKU rubi. It's been a month and the daily commute is really getting her and I anxious. Need some friends to get this thing dirty with.

Congrats and welcome to the forum to you as well!

bmpage84 12-05-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013JK4dr (Post 3068419)
< another newbie here. Cherry. Just bought my first. JKU rubi. It's been a month and the daily commute is really getting her and I anxious. Need some friends to get this thing dirty with.

Welcome - You will be amazed at how quickly you will begin ripping off brand new parts to replace with newer ones! :thumb:

88yjjeep 12-05-2012 09:08 AM

Hey thanks. I'm from Fall River MA. I've done alot of mods to mi yj already. I got it from a junk yard. It was really hurtin. Used to be white. So far i have a 6.5" lift. 33" bfg's. did all the body work and painted it black. Golden eagle decals. The decals on the side are from my honeymoon. All the places we took the jeep. Looking to put a 360 in it now. Needs a little more power.

bmpage84 12-05-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88yjjeep (Post 3069155)
Hey thanks. I'm from Fall River MA. I've done alot of mods to mi yj already. I got it from a junk yard. It was really hurtin. Used to be white. So far i have a 6.5" lift. 33" bfg's. did all the body work and painted it black. Golden eagle decals. The decals on the side are from my honeymoon. All the places we took the jeep. Looking to put a 360 in it now. Needs a little more power.

You planning or racin' or wheelin'?? Time to get started on the wife's Jeep!:D
Need to post up a a couple of garages - keep us all informed of the progress:thumb:

88yjjeep 12-05-2012 10:01 AM

Yeah 2 jeeps to mod!! I cant wait! My wife has been online looking for parts for her 95' since i gave it to her lol. I think i created a monster!

88yjjeep 12-05-2012 10:04 AM

I think i just like having the power lol. I think i am going to start with the lift on my wifes jeep. She wants a 4.5 with 31's. mine is too high for her. She is only 4'11" but she is dyin to take it wheelin'. Doing a tranny mount on mine today. Fixed the floors yesterday. Still got a shed full of parts lol

88yjjeep 12-05-2012 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my 88 when i firts got it

Attachment 184791

RubiconRich 12-05-2012 10:26 PM

360, better replace the Dana 35 rearend as well then.

88yjjeep 12-06-2012 12:55 PM

I have a 44 i been saving till i put the motor in. Just not sure about the front. I have a 35 and i was told a 40. Is the front worth changing?

RubiconRich 12-07-2012 08:17 PM

your Jeep has a Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear

The 360 will take out the rear Dana 35. If you our looking to keep the Dana 30 I would upgrade the shafts to chrome molly

If you want to build a Dana 44 front find the right year Dana 44 waggy front end.

88yjjeep 12-08-2012 11:37 AM

Yup thats what i have in my jeep now. I have a D-44 axle for the rear in my shed. The front one i have in there i was told is a D-40. Thats what i am not sure of. The axles in my jeep now are ok with the 33's but i know they wont hold up with the V8. I eliminated the vaccume front diff. Think i am gonna work on my wifes for a bit. Mine is good till the motor goes in. Hers is stock. Thinking bout starting with the lift and tires. For now. She has a big list for me lol

Dave S 12-08-2012 01:13 PM

New here also...
 
Another new member here, from Douglas MA. Currently have an '02 TJ Sport, previously owned an '87 YJ, so definitely a Jeep fan!

88yjjeep 12-08-2012 02:56 PM

Awesome! Like the pic of your jeep! Welcome!

bmpage84 12-08-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave S (Post 3080972)
Another new member here, from Douglas MA. Currently have an '02 TJ Sport, previously owned an '87 YJ, so definitely a Jeep fan!

Hey, welcome! Nice TJ :thumb:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.