Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Tj build must's (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/tj-build-musts-204083.html)

thegnarles 12-07-2012 02:05 PM

Tj build must's

So I just want to see what some people recommend I should, or must do for my build... Cheap, or expensive what are something's you think are unique or you wanted to do to your rig?

Dextreme 12-07-2012 02:42 PM

I have seen some TJ's where the owner went $$$ catalog bolt on happy....and consider it a "build" Other TJ's I seen where the owners have a sawsall and a zero budget...and consider it a "build". Of course there that those who must cut the TJ in half to build a Juggy.

But think what they have in common is they start off with a TJ, they make it there own. :thumb:

Big Cole 12-07-2012 03:12 PM

Best mod I've made so far was a low profile aluminum skid from UCF. 2" extra ground clearance over stock and significantly lighter weight. Pretty inexpensive too.

beaureed445 12-07-2012 04:04 PM

Best mod I've seen is fitting a set of 26" DUBs with low-pro tires.

ob269 12-07-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaureed445 (Post 3078447)
Best mod I've seen is fitting a set of 26" DUBs with low-pro tires.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...43kBToz9MwHbMw

harleydragon 12-07-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegnarles (Post 3078094)
So I just want to see what some people recommend I should, or must do for my build... Cheap, or expensive what are something's you think are unique or you wanted to do to your rig?

that depends on what you want and to what extent you want to go to

thegnarles 12-07-2012 07:39 PM

Well I'm just goin to do intake, exhaust, and chip... I'm goin to casually off road but its goin to be a daily... Cosmetic's are goin to be whatever and done over time I just want to know if it would be beneficial to get lockers and such... What about headers? Like what are some cheap things you h e added to your jeep to make the ride more enjoy full...

harleydragon 12-07-2012 07:53 PM

headers are always a help...what eng,tranny,tires,mods does your jeep have

jrussblues 12-07-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegnarles
Well I'm just goin to do intake, exhaust, and chip... I'm goin to casually off road but its goin to be a daily... Cosmetic's are goin to be whatever and done over time I just want to know if it would be beneficial to get lockers and such... What about headers? Like what are some cheap things you h e added to your jeep to make the ride more enjoy full...

Those were the first, and most useless , mods that I did to my LJ. The most useful, in no particular order, teraflex belly up and full skids, searchers steering, lockright front locker, rubicon express superflex lift, slip yoke eliminator and winch. The front locker makes a huge difference.

Gunner 12-07-2012 08:01 PM

The performance mods might get you a bit more power. I would concentrate on the things you want to make it look great to you. Then if you happen to do a lift/wheels/tires in a 33 or bigger, do gears. Makes more performance difference than all the pipes and what not's combined. Besides your only going to lightly off road and want the look first anyway.

thegnarles 12-07-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussblues

Those were the first, and most useless , mods that I did to my LJ. The most useful, in no particular order, teraflex belly up and full skids, searchers steering, lockright front locker, rubicon express superflex lift, slip yoke eliminator and winch. The front locker makes a huge difference.

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

thegnarles 12-07-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleydragon
headers are always a help...what eng,tranny,tires,mods does your jeep have

I don't have one yet... I'm lookin at a 99 sport with a I6 and 5 spd... I would like to regear but idk if I really would with the Dana 44... Idk yet it's all in time and money... I'm broke so ima prob do the motor before I finish it haha

harleydragon 12-07-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegnarles (Post 3079238)
I don't have one yet... I'm lookin at a 99 sport with a I6 and 5 spd... I would like to regear but idk if I really would with the Dana 44... Idk yet it's all in time and money... I'm broke so ima prob do the motor before I finish it haha

.I would get a 6 cylinder for sure..get one and just drive it for a while and look at other jeeps..the mods you want will come to you

thegnarles 12-07-2012 11:37 PM

Yea my buddy has tire as the fender, looks cool haha