Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   OK, so who else checked weather.com and left their top off in San Diego last night??? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/ok-so-who-else-checked-weather-com-and-left-their-top-off-in-san-diego-last-night-204218.html)

Carlsbad0331 12-08-2012 11:30 AM

OK, so who else checked weather.com and left their top off in San Diego last night???
 
It never ceases to amaze me that weather channels and forcasters cant get the weather right. So basically I check weather.com every day to see if I need to put my top up. Yesterday the 10 day forcast showed not a single day with anything more than a 10% chance of rain, and they were next week.

This morning I wake up to find that it in fact did rain last night and that the interior of my Jeep is soaked. LUCKILY its the Jeep and not my Porsche!
SO the first hour of the day was spent drying the interior and hoping that the carpet doesnt start to mold or smell bad.

I go back to weather.com and still see only 0% chance of rain for the next 5 days and it shows 0.00 precipitation yesterday and today... Maybe there was just a cloud that sat over my house last night???

CMA_Rider 12-08-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlsbad0331 (Post 3080873)
It never ceases to amaze me that weather channels and forcasters cant get the weather right. So basically I check weather.com every day to see if I need to put my top up. Yesterday the 10 day forcast showed not a single day with anything more than a 10% chance of rain, and they were next week.

This morning I wake up to find that it in fact did rain last night and that the interior of my Jeep is soaked. LUCKILY its the Jeep and not my Porsche!
SO the first hour of the day was spent drying the interior and hoping that the carpet doesnt start to mold or smell bad.

I go back to weather.com and still see only 0% chance of rain for the next 5 days and it shows 0.00 precipitation yesterday and today... Maybe there was just a cloud that sat over my house last night???

I had the same thing happen to me 2yrs ago. I left the top down on the jeep and took the bike over to the bikeshop and while I was gone it rained a good inch in 30min and there was 0% chance of rain.

I H8RDS 12-08-2012 11:38 AM

:doh:

Oohh, that's just a friendly reminder from the Jeep Gods that life was becoming too hum-drum :D Perhaps the Rocks are calling?

Carlsbad0331 12-08-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3080885)
:doh:

Oohh, that's just a friendly reminder from the Jeep Gods that life was becoming too hum-drum :D Perhaps the Rocks are calling?

You have one of the most beautiful positive attitudes Ive ever seen...
Something about getting lemons and making lemonade???
Hope your feeling well today!!!

I H8RDS 12-08-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlsbad0331 (Post 3080955)
You have one of the most beautiful positive attitudes Ive ever seen...
Something about getting lemons and making lemonade???
Hope your feeling well today!!!

I try to be thankful for the things in life I do have..Jeep is right up there with health ;) A little wet or not :D

I can't wait to get back in mine and hit the rocks!

And FTR, I feel well today, thanks! Only way I'd be better is if I was in the canyons on the rocks; top down, doors and windows off :cool:

suicideking 12-09-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3080983)
I try to be thankful for the things in life I do have..Jeep is right up there with health ;) A little wet or not :D

I can't wait to get back in mine and hit the rocks!

And FTR, I feel well today, thanks! Only way I'd be better is if I was in the canyons on the rocks; top down, doors and windows off :cool:

Good to hear your spirits are up Lorie! Another positive is that you're missing the coldest part of the year. It will make sping that much sweeter.

To the OP: I'm always looking for an excuse to rip the carpet out and get some plastic mats. That or just bedline the tub. Throw on some waterproof seat covers and you're good.

I H8RDS 12-09-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 3083780)
Good to hear your spirits are up Lorie! Another positive is that you're missing the coldest part of the year. It will make sping that much sweeter.

To the OP: I'm always looking for an excuse to rip the carpet out and get some plastic mats. That or just bedline the tub. Throw on some waterproof seat covers and you're good.

Thanks Rick! And I too, thought of that - At least it's not summer because everyone knows I LIVE for my summer wheeling and camping ..and that I rather dislike the winter weather. Also, in the meantime I am doing a tummy tuck, adding a steering box skid, doing a little paint touch up, thinking of painting my grill black, adding some more lights for night wheeling..and playing with the idea of putting some spacers on...:D

It's been a week now for me on this couch healing, and I can't tell you guys how happy I am that you're all out wheeling up a storm. I look at the pics and follow the threads :punk: Then I put in a John Wayne movie. I absolutely adore John Wayne. I can get a feel for being out in elements I love..while watching a big strong goodlooking man ;) Life's Great!!

suicideking 12-09-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3083899)
Thanks Rick! And I too, thought of that - At least it's not summer because everyone knows I LIVE for my summer wheeling and camping ..and that I rather dislike the winter weather. Also, in the meantime I am doing a tummy tuck, adding a steering box skid, doing a little paint touch up, thinking of painting my grill black, adding some more lights for night wheeling..and playing with the idea of putting some spacers on...:D

It's been a week now for me on this couch healing, and I can't tell you guys how happy I am that you're all out wheeling up a storm. I look at the pics and follow the threads :punk: Then I put in a John Wayne movie. I absolutely adore John Wayne. I can get a feel for being out in elements I love..while watching a big strong goodlooking man ;) Life's Great!!

Yeah, focus on prep rig prep for the next run! That will hopefully hold you over.

I'm more of a Clint Eastwood fan than John Wayne, but for different reasons lol.

I H8RDS 12-10-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 3085270)
Yeah, focus on prep rig prep for the next run! That will hopefully hold you over.

I'm more of a Clint Eastwood fan than John Wayne, but for different reasons lol.

Yes..you know how it is..if you aren't wheeling, you're still doing something Jeep :D Always!!

As for Clint..he's too skinny for me. Johns a bit beefier and easier on the eyes too :p


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.