Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   What's more ideal with 1" MML - 1" BL or 1.25" BL? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/whats-more-ideal-with-1-mml-1-bl-or-1-25-bl-204315.html)

Ehryk 12-08-2012 10:15 PM

What's more ideal with 1" MML - 1" BL or 1.25" BL?

I see lots of people install 1" MMLs with both 1" BL and 1.25" BL kits. Is there enough clearance for either kit? Does it matter whether I get 1" or 1.25"?

Has anyone had clearance issues with one or the other (as in: 1.25" and the fan's close to hitting the bottom or 1" and the fan's close to hitting the top)?

On that note, are there any other reasons for my 2003 Rubicon whether I should go for a 1.25" or 1" BL?

Moabrubi 12-08-2012 10:23 PM

If you plan on doing an tummy tuck get the 1.25". Especially since you have a Rubicon

Jeembro 12-08-2012 10:24 PM

I've got a 1.25" body lift with a 1" MML and had no clearance issues with the fan or anything. The only thing I had to do was loosen the gas filler hose and lengthen it so it would reach the new body height

Thomas302 12-08-2012 10:26 PM

I went with the full replacement day star 1" BL. I didn't want to stack a puck onto my stock mount. Either size will work fine for a high clearance skid.

Ehryk 12-08-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabrubi (Post 3082528)
If you plan on doing an tummy tuck get the 1.25". Especially since you have a Rubicon

What's the difference? Does the .25" matter with tummy tuck, or does it matter because I have a Rubicon?

Moabrubi 12-08-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ehryk (Post 3082551)
What's the difference? Does the .25" matter with tummy tuck, or does it matter because I have a Rubicon?

The Rubicon transfer case is fatter. If you plan on doing a real tuck (1" deep skid or less) then you need all the wiggle room you can get. Even with 1.25" a bit of tub clearancing is required sometimes.

If you're not doing a tuck, then 1" will suit you just fine.

Ehryk 12-08-2012 11:20 PM

1.25" it is then, thank you.

chevymad 12-09-2012 01:28 PM

I have an 03 rubicon as well. I used the 1.25" BL with a 1" jks motor mount spacer. No issues whatsoever. I dont have a TT yet so can't help you there.

1/4" here and there can add up. I used a 2" spacer lift.. some of those are only 1.75 but I chose a full 2" one. Then got the 1.25" body lift. That means I have a full 1/2" of lift more then some would have with the "same" lift.

Jwolfer 12-09-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeembro (Post 3082530)
I've got a 1.25" body lift with a 1" MML and had no clearance issues with the fan or anything. The only thing I had to do was loosen the gas filler hose and lengthen it so it would reach the new body height

06 Rubi here about to do the same thing. How much of a pain was it to deal with the gas hose? I haven't heard about this issue yet.

Jeembro 12-09-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwolfer

06 Rubi here about to do the same thing. How much of a pain was it to deal with the gas hose? I haven't heard about this issue yet.

It's simple. You just loosen the clamp that holds the hose on the gas tank, and slide the hose off a little bit. There's enough extra length on the hose to slide up some.

Jwolfer 12-09-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeembro (Post 3084104)
It's simple. You just loosen the clamp that holds the hose on the gas tank, and slide the hose off a little bit. There's enough extra length on the hose to slide up some.

Oh ok good. At first I thought I was going to have to replace the hose. I probably should though to get rid of the damn overflow problem...

Jeembro 12-09-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwolfer

Oh ok good. At first I thought I was going to have to replace the hose. I probably should though to get rid of the damn overflow problem...

Yeah then would be a good time to fix it

Nickg 12-09-2012 04:00 PM

thomas302 do you have a mml with that daystar kit? if so do you like it, any issues or anything with that kit or having a combo? im hoping to do the bl mml combo and i had the same question as ehryk about the 1'' vs the 1.25''.

Nickg 12-09-2012 04:10 PM

i also had a question i thought ill throw out now since it goes with this topic in a way. ive got a tcase drop with my 3inch lift and my question is if i do the bl and mml can i take that drop out or will i have to keep it in?

MrRubicon 12-09-2012 04:11 PM

I got a 06 Rubi and was about to do the bl and mml as well, now i wanna stay away from poly- friend has the full replacements in poly and it vibrates like crazy, what would this leave me with in the rubber category? Also if i go 1.25 bl can i get away with the 1.0 mml or do i need a 1.25?--haven't seen any of these yet and don't know if they make them

Thomas302 12-09-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickg
thomas302 do you have a mml with that daystar kit? if so do you like it, any issues or anything with that kit or having a combo? im hoping to do the bl mml combo and i had the same question as ehryk about the 1'' vs the 1.25''.

It all went in an works together great. I have the jks 1" replacement MML. I went with the 1" bl because I wanted the lowest possible BL to clear my TT and I wanted replacement mounts not pucks that stacked on my worn out rubber mounts. I didn't have to use the tc linkage drop bracket in the kit or mess with the fan shrou since I did them at the same time. I put in the MML then the BL. With my friends jeep we did the BL first then the MML and it was way easier and faster.

Nickg 12-09-2012 06:11 PM

yea i was leaning towards the daystar one aswell, and thanks for the advice on the order todo it ill do it bl then mml. thanks

Ehryk 12-11-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas302 (Post 3084525)

It all went in an works together great. I have the jks 1" replacement MML. I went with the 1" bl because I wanted the lowest possible BL to clear my TT and I wanted replacement mounts not pucks that stacked on my worn out rubber mounts. I didn't have to use the tc linkage drop bracket in the kit or mess with the fan shrou since I did them at the same time. I put in the MML then the BL. With my friends jeep we did the BL first then the MML and it was way easier and faster.

Does anyone make a 1.25" BL that is replacement mounts, or would 1" be my only option for that?

eboven 12-15-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas302 (Post 3084525)

Did you notice more vibes in the Jeep after installing the poly mounts? MrRubicon says his friend's Jeep with full replacement poly mounts caused extra vibes... did you notice this too?

I am a bit torn between the MORE 1" Aluminum puck BL and the Daystar 1" Poly replacement mounts. If the poly doesn't transfer vibration a ton, I would go that way, but what I noticed is that the MORE BL also comes with a steering shaft riser? Does anyone have any experience with this? Looks like I can buy it separate, but do I need it? I plan to get the MORE 1" Torsion MML and install that at the same time on my 02 TJ 5spd.

Thomas302 12-15-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eboven

Did you notice more vibes in the Jeep after installing the poly mounts? MrRubicon says his friend's Jeep with full replacement poly mounts caused extra vibes... did you notice this too?

I am a bit torn between the MORE 1" Aluminum puck BL and the Daystar 1" Poly replacement mounts. If the poly doesn't transfer vibration a ton, I would go that way, but what I noticed is that the MORE BL also comes with a steering shaft riser? Does anyone have any experience with this? Looks like I can buy it separate, but do I need it? I plan to get the MORE 1" Torsion MML and install that at the same time on my 02 TJ 5spd.

I do get more engine vibes through the steering wheel. It's not that bad but noticeable. Probably most of it is in the poly engine mounts.

eboven 12-15-2012 12:26 PM

That's what I was suspecting... the vibes probably come mainly from the MML. That's why I plan to get the rubber Torsion MML from MORE. Thanks for the response!

Nickg 01-01-2013 09:43 PM

i just got my 1" daystar BL and my RC 1" MML spacer installed, it went together very easy and i didnt have any noticable vibes through my steering wheel. I also was able to take out my Tcase drop and i didnt have any driveline vibes either. It worked nicely.