Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   No car wash (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/no-car-wash-204334.html)

JeepandMud 12-09-2012 01:35 AM

No car wash

So I found out today that where we're moving to in Denver, there is no close self serve car wash near our new place :nonono:. Which means after a trail run I need to get it clean before heading home, which probably will mean usage of more gas :banghead:.

Anybody in Denver near Yale and 25 that knows of a self serve car wash?

mckey73 12-09-2012 01:46 AM

Mud is my carwash???

CMEvans79 12-09-2012 01:55 AM

Just get a pressure washer at home, that's what I do. I know it's a bit out of pocket if your worried about that, but self service washers would do the same over time... plus you would be at home... just an idea.

Oldguy 12-09-2012 09:25 AM

You know, Amy, you don't have to wash it every time you go out. I wash mine when it gets so dirty that I can't see out ;)

Vette man 12-09-2012 09:30 AM

have own pressure wash and neighbors driveway

Rooster454 12-09-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepandMud (Post 3082795)
So I found out today that where we're moving to in Denver, there is no close self serve car wash near our new place :nonono:. Which means after a trail run I need to get it clean before heading home, which probably will mean usage of more gas :banghead:.

Anybody in Denver near Yale and 25 that knows of a self serve car wash?

There's one where alameda hits Colorado blvd that I usually go to. It may not be that close, but at least there's one

Oldguy 12-09-2012 02:08 PM

This strikes me as so funny, out here in the sticks it's almost impossible to find an automatic carwash :)

DaCrazyRN 12-09-2012 03:09 PM

http://maps.google.com
put in- self service car wash loc: E Yale, Denver, CO 80231

Colorado Blue Sky Car Wash
6910 East Girard Avenue, Denver, CO

Hampden & Yosemite Car Wash
3545 South Yosemite Street, Denver, CO

Autawash
3480 South Poplar Street Denver, CO 80224‎

Rooster454 12-09-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldguy (Post 3083928)
This strikes me as so funny, out here in the sticks it's almost impossible to find an automatic carwash :)

I hate those automatic carwashes :). I feel like I've always gotten a half a$$ job when going through one. Plus the soft top leaks sometimes and then I have even more to clean up, whereas if I clean it myself it's easier to avoid blasting the window seams with excess water. If I'm gonna take the time to clean it, I want it CLEAN and not just cleaner than it was.

JeepandMud 12-09-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckey73 (Post 3082811)
Mud is my carwash???

I tend to get my jeep on the trails when other people deem it clean, but when I find mud it makes it even cleaner :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMEvans79 (Post 3082823)
Just get a pressure washer at home, that's what I do. I know it's a bit out of pocket if your worried about that, but self service washers would do the same over time... plus you would be at home... just an idea.

I would, but we're moving to an apartment complex and I doubt I'll be able to wash it in the Highline Canal lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldguy (Post 3083173)
You know, Amy, you don't have to wash it every time you go out. I wash mine when it gets so dirty that I can't see out ;)

Yea, I do the same, but not being anywhere near a car wash, the mud sticks to my jeep like mud to a birds nest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster454 (Post 3083771)
There's one where alameda hits Colorado blvd that I usually go to. It may not be that close, but at least there's one

Colorado Blvd isn't that far from us, maybe a 10 minute drive. So no issues, and I'm sure I can find Alameda. Or I just drive around get the wet mud off on other vehicles :rofl:

COStrider 12-10-2012 03:26 AM

Proluxe Auto Wash
5450 East Evans Ave
Denver, CO 80222

COStrider 12-10-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COStrider
Proluxe Auto Wash
5450 East Evans Ave
Denver, CO 80222

This is off I-25 and Evans and may be of interest to you.

backcountryislife 12-10-2012 10:12 AM

People wash jeeps? Must be a city thing. :D

It rains every now & then... that does the trick.

COStrider 12-10-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backcountryislife

Yea. It's good to knock the mag-chloride off before it knocks off the paint

JeepandMud 12-10-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COStrider (Post 3086403)
This is off I-25 and Evans and may be of interest to you.

Thank you, I will definitely check it out once we've moved in that area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by backcountryislife (Post 3086793)
You back roads peoples don't know how hard it is to get your jeep clean. Or what I told David, I'll just wait for the next mud run and use the new mud to clean off the old mud :dance:. And I am so not a city girl. I grew up in boondocks land where your closest neighbor is 5 miles away and your outside of city limits. Need four wheel drive to get anywhere in Montana. So there :rofl:

backcountryislife 12-10-2012 04:05 PM

I don't do much muddin... guess my tone would be different if that was the case! I run without doors usually, can't say mud is something I enjoy. The trails I usually stick to my biggest issue is the dust on the dashboard... someone buy me some armor-all!!! :D

COStrider 12-10-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backcountryislife
I don't do much muddin... guess my tone would be different if that was the case! I run without doors usually, can't say mud is something I enjoy. The trails I usually stick to my biggest issue is the dust on the dashboard... someone buy me some armor-all!!! :D

Muddin is a tough cleanup but its soooo fun. Dust is my biggest issue too beside rock rash on my wheels. Ha