Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Poll for March Meet n Greet, (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/poll-for-march-meet-n-greet-204925.html)

turdhurdler 12-11-2012 07:52 PM

Poll for March Meet n Greet,

The only way I can make a new poll is to have the old one closed and create a whole new one in a different thread. So here goes. :thumb:

So now lets get started. The poll will be open till December 31st, then will be closed.

Jeff

Kota7x 12-11-2012 07:59 PM

1st to Vote :cool:

Fred1 12-11-2012 08:01 PM

Nope, I voted first.

turdhurdler 12-11-2012 08:56 PM

Great, got a couple votes. Now lets get the rest of all of ya members to vote, haha. I will not vote since I am the organizer and will go to any of the locations. As long as there is trails for all members, I am good with it.

Jeff

Gunner 12-11-2012 09:28 PM

Done deal Jeff. Changed it to Johnson this time. But I still don't really care where, I just want to go wheel.

hwy1rubi 12-11-2012 10:50 PM

It is hard to beat Anza Borrego in March, and there are places to stay for the non camping folks. Not trying to sway the vote just simple facts. :D

suicideking 12-12-2012 01:27 PM

Voted Anza Borrego

csumjr 12-12-2012 07:16 PM

Do you have to be a member, or just a Jeeper? If a member, I can't vote Anza-Borrego, but as a Jeeper, I can say Anza Borrego. Get back to me.....

Fred1 12-12-2012 07:54 PM

If you are a Jeeper then you are member. If you are planning on attending the Meet and Greet then you can vote and your vote counts. Look to the the Turd for confirmation.

ALL HAIL THE TURD.

Jerry Bransford 12-12-2012 07:59 PM

I voted for Johnson Valley because as a group, we haven't been there yet. If the famous Johnson Valley location has scared some away from voting for it, please realize there are plenty of easy to moderate trails out there that would be fun to run in addition to the more famous/notorious trails we don't have to go on. It'd be something new and exciting rather than just doing the same trails most of us have done multiple times.

Come on guys, Johnson Valley cause you know you really want to. :punk:
If Johnson Valley doesn't get enough votes, my second-choice would be Calico. Not in small part due to the nearby presence of Peggy Sue's Diner. :D

No matter where the majority chooses, I'll happily tag along & have a ball doing it. :dance:

Fred1 12-12-2012 08:25 PM

Hey Jerry, I voted Anza Borrego on the first poll for selfish reasons as we have a house out there. I then voted Calico on the new poll for the same reasons as you, gas and good food nearby. I would love to go to Johnson Valley but there aren't many amenities nearby, so for a group of this size do you think that would be problematic?

hwy1rubi 12-12-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred1 (Post 3097793)
Hey Jerry, I voted Anza Borrego on the first poll for selfish reasons as we have a house out there. I then voted Calico on the new poll for the same reasons as you, gas and good food nearby. I would love to go to Johnson Valley but there aren't many amenities nearby, so for a group of this size do you think that would be problematic?

And, are there motels nearby at Calico for the non campers?

Kota7x 12-12-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwy1rubi (Post 3098142)

Yes, there is the Oak Tree Inn right next to Peggy Sues. It only takes a couple mins to get to where we are camping in Calico.

hwy1rubi 12-12-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kota7x (Post 3098343)
Yes, there is the Oak Tree Inn right next to Peggy Sues. It only takes a couple mins to get to where we are camping in Calico.

Thanks Kota, then I'm in for Calico or Anza. Looking forward to wheeling with you and your dad again in a couple weeks, I installed some skid plates for the trip to try out.

turdhurdler 12-12-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csumjr (Post 3097451)
Do you have to be a member, or just a Jeeper? If a member, I can't vote Anza-Borrego, but as a Jeeper, I can say Anza Borrego. Get back to me.....

You are a member of Wrangler Forum. I set these up so us members can meet each other, put a name to a face and have some fun wheeling. So vote to what you want to do.

Jeff

JPi1 12-12-2012 11:01 PM

I'm in for Calico, lots of trails out there to spread out the group. Nice campground, camp cabins, and RV spots.

JeepHerz 12-13-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwy1rubi (Post 3098372)
Thanks Kota, then I'm in for Calico or Anza. Looking forward to wheeling with you and your dad again in a couple weeks, I installed some skid plates for the trip to try out.

Remember Gary- just because the giant boulder is there does not mean you HAVE to try the news skids out by going over it.
(This message brought to you by your sliders and the giant rock at Ocotillo).

DTM 12-13-2012 12:46 AM

I think the Tera Del Sol in Ocotillo is 2 weeks befor the M&G. I plan on checking that out. For that reason I voted for Calico!

@ Jerry, it seems that many of us don't know of the jeep trails in Johnson Valley. Maybe you can plan a trip and lead a few runs out there. If so, I'm in:)
I actually love Johnson Valley. I have been there a lot with my SxS. I have not been there with my jeep because I don't know any jeep trails out there, other than the Hammers.

hwy1rubi 12-13-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepHerz (Post 3098530)
Remember Gary- just because the giant boulder is there does not mean you HAVE to try the news skids out by going over it.
(This message brought to you by your sliders and the giant rock at Ocotillo).

Funny Jen, I still have to be a little careful until I get a plate under the oil pan and tranny.

Kota7x 12-13-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwy1rubi (Post 3099738)
Funny Jen, I still have to be a little careful until I get a plate under the oil pan and tranny.

Get it. I don't know how many times I have ground the Warn Tranny/Oil Pan on rocks but mine is bent in sort of a half moon from coming down on to it.

JeepHerz 12-13-2012 12:40 PM

You can also try Off-Road Evolution for your oil pan skid. They're in Fullerton so you can save on shipping charges (its probably more expensive than WARN- I got a deal on mine at the Expo). Oil pan skid install is easy- I did it. However there are two bolts with the tranny skid that are a serious pain to get to. Also if you have an exhaust spacer it might rattle. A couple of washers takes care of it.

Jerry Bransford 12-13-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwy1rubi (Post 3099738)

Your transmission is already protected, it's the oil pan you have to worry about. :)

Gunner 12-13-2012 02:51 PM

Got Skid row on mine. Calico was fun and we motel'ed it on Lori's run a few weeks ago. I would love to do both canyons this time. I bugged out too early last time.

BillG.OTD 12-13-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTM (Post 3098602)
I think the Tera Del Sol in Ocotillo is 2 weeks befor the M&G. I plan on checking that out. For that reason I voted for Calico!

@ Jerry, it seems that many of us don't know of the jeep trails in Johnson Valley. Maybe you can plan a trip and lead a few runs out there. If so, I'm in:)
I actually love Johnson Valley. I have been there a lot with my SxS. I have not been there with my jeep because I don't know any jeep trails out there, other than the Hammers.

We are dying to go out there Jerry, but like Dan said we didnt know there was any moderate trails to run for a large group like this. I certainly think a trip out there to try bull frog and explore some more of the area is a good idea...:)

Cons_Table 12-13-2012 05:54 PM

Still voted for Johnson Valley :thumb: I really wanna take the trip out there if weve got some willing trail leaders. If not JV...I am also a vote for Calico.

yomondo 12-14-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwy1rubi (Post 3098142)

Plus cabins at the campground.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 3100953)
I certainly think a trip out there to try bull frog and explore some more of the area is a good idea...:)

I'm thinking possibly doing a Bullfrog run in February if there's interest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 3100998)
Still voted for Johnson Valley :thumb: I really wanna take the trip out there if weve got some willing trail leaders. If not JV...I am also a vote for Calico.

I'd like to do JV too for my own selfish reasons, but I don't know it's the best venue for this group. Some people won't want to camp where there are no toilets, plus it doesn't sound like we have enough trail leaders for multiple groups at different levels.

Anza Borrego didn't have enough difficulty for me last time. Plus it's a longer drive for me.

I think Calico is the best choice for this group. Trails for all levels, and plenty of trail-knowledgeable trail leaders for several different groups. Tent camping, RV/trailer camping, cabins, nearby hotels. And restaurants for those who don't want to cook.

DTM 12-14-2012 09:28 AM

I'd like to do JV too for my own selfish reasons, but I don't know it's the best venue for this group. Some people won't want to camp where there are no toilets, plus it doesn't sound like we have enough trail leaders for multiple groups at different levels.

Anza Borrego didn't have enough difficulty for me last time. Plus it's a longer drive for me.

I think Calico is the best choice for this group. Trails for all levels, and plenty of trail-knowledgeable trail leaders for several different groups. Tent camping, RV/trailer camping, cabins, nearby hotels. And restaurants for those who don't want to cook.[/QUOTE]

X2

Jerry Bransford 12-14-2012 10:16 AM

Yep JV is definitely a 100% primitive area, and the nearest restaurant is probably 30 minutes from the usual camping areas. No water, no showers, no toilets, and for the most part no cellular coverage either. Ya gotta be fully prepared and self-sustaining for JV, that is for sure. :)

Cons_Table 12-14-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomondo (Post 3102989)
I'm thinking possibly doing a Bullfrog run in February if there's interest.

Pick me! pick me! :dance:

Cons_Table 12-14-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomondo (Post 3102989)

I think Calico is the best choice for this group. Trails for all levels, and plenty of trail-knowledgeable trail leaders for several different groups. Tent camping, RV/trailer camping, cabins, nearby hotels. And restaurants for those who don't want to cook.

I agree on all counts...concerning JV, Anza, and Calico.