Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Are You Serious? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/are-you-serious-20561.html)

Dare2BSquare 08-09-2008 08:31 AM

Are You Serious?
 
You cali folks, is this for real???

Quote:

"LOS ANGELES -- Companies that open large home-improvement stores in Los Angeles would have to set aside space for day laborers under an ordinance unanimously approved today by a City Council committee.

The proposed ordinance was passed by the Planning and Land Use Management Committee, but must still be approved by the full council.

If passed, the ordinance would require new home improvement stores that are 100,000 square feet or larger, or any building or structure where 250,000 square feet or more of warehouse floor area is added, to set aside space for day laborers seeking employment from customers.

The shelters would have to be easily accessible and equipped with drinking water, bathrooms, tables with seating and trash facilities.

Home-improvement stores would also be required to develop a security plan in consultation with the Los Angeles Police Department."

The icing on the cake is that the businesses are the ones who have to pay to build and maintain these "shelters".

florida_gat0r 08-09-2008 08:34 AM

Home Depot is already a bum shelter! Now it's official.

Dare2BSquare 08-09-2008 08:41 AM

I mean there must have been an oversight. They didn't require food and medical care.

Scout 08-09-2008 09:15 AM

Wow!

4point 08-09-2008 09:20 AM

Its a huge problem at the Bay Area stores I've been into. For the most part these are illegals seeking work. They end up using the bushes, alleys and back of the store to relieve them selves. Some city's already have Day Labor Zones but not to many.
Its just like the govt. to saddle the private sector with a problem like this and force business to pay for it. The city and county dept's win because it generates more money through the permitting process for construction. The illegals win because they get something for free again.

orange05tj 08-09-2008 09:42 AM

Home Depot is the Illegal Mexican Union Hall.

jeeptales 08-09-2008 09:55 AM

great...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by orange05tj (Post 253939)
Home Depot is the Illegal Mexican Union Hall.


It will make it less of a hassle to sign up voters for Obama.

cherokee980 08-09-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeptales (Post 253941)
It will make it less of a hassle to sign up voters for Obama.



Great point!!! Vote farming...you know the Democrats are great at that!!!

Unlimited 08-09-2008 11:47 AM

Yes it's true.... Welcome to Cali.

rebelBullDawg325 08-09-2008 05:40 PM

its not the point of making the private sector pay for it. its the point of they are basically we support illegal immigration

1BLKJP 08-11-2008 07:02 PM

We've kind of went the opposite way with it here in AZ. We've started arresting their asses for being illegal and pandering for work in places that have no loitering signs. A lot of bleeding hearts may not like out sheriff, but he's starting to take serious action now that most of us "LEGAL" citizens of Arizona are very fed up with this shit.

rthdtj 08-12-2008 03:28 PM

I'm sorry for asking this, and yes I know I lead a somewhat sheltered life, but...What exactly is Day labor..?

AzTJ 08-12-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 254587)
We've kind of went the opposite way with it here in AZ. We've started arresting their asses for being illegal and pandering for work in places that have no loitering signs. A lot of bleeding hearts may not like out sheriff, but he's starting to take serious action now that most of us "LEGAL" citizens of Arizona are very fed up with this shit.

Yup - and all business in Payson caught hiring illegal workers can lose their business license. Even McDonald's. When that little law went into effect, a LOT of the stores were closed for a day or two.


Quote:

Originally Posted by rthdtj (Post 254782)
I'm sorry for asking this, and yes I know I lead a somewhat sheltered life, but...What exactly is Day labor..?

Usually small jobs being done in a day. Garden, brick, painting... type work. Pay them for the day they work then they are on their way.

KBR97 08-12-2008 05:03 PM

hiring day laborers is illegal so why do they have to build them shit! Build an immigration office next to each home repair store! That'll solve the problem.

Whats next drug dealers in nyc are gonna get shelters and porta-potties on all the corners they hustle? This society we live in today is sadly pathetic....:banghead:

1BLKJP 08-12-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0tink87 (Post 254796)
hiring day laborers is illegal so why do they have to build them shit! Build an immigration office next to each home repair store! That'll solve the problem.

Whats next drug dealers in nyc are gonna get shelters and porta-potties on all the corners they hustle? This society we live in today is sadly pathetic....:banghead:

Agreed my friend. If I owned an establishment of this sort I would use my hard earned money to build a border patrol office in each one of my stores. :D

rthdtj 08-12-2008 06:29 PM

So, what they're saying is, in California Day labor is legal. I assumed by the phrase 'Day Labor' that's what was meant. It's not legal here nor would I hire someone, only to sued by them later because the got a sunburned or a splinter.

1BLKJP 08-12-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rthdtj (Post 254836)
So, what they're saying is, in California Day labor is legal. I assumed by the phrase 'Day Labor' that's what was meant. It's not legal here nor would I hire someone, only to sued by them later because the got a sunburned or a splinter.

Honestly I do not believe day labor is legal in Cali. Cali is still part of the united states and a person must be of a legal nature to legally work in the US. This is just another way the bleeding hearts are trying to stick it to the hard working men, women, and companies by requiring them to spend more money on making illegal immigrants comfortable while they are breaking the law by even being here. Let alone the fact that the people that are inside actually buying products are now going to be charged more for them since Home Depot and Lowe's aren't just going to eat the cost. Next thing you know there is going to be a minimum wage in CA for illegal day laborers.

ygohome 08-12-2008 07:20 PM

http://www.ourlighterside.com/stuff/...rect%20Map.jpg

[TheYJGuy] 08-14-2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeptales (Post 253941)
It will make it less of a hassle to sign up voters for Obama.

:rofl: :punk:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.